Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. JAZZ2405

JAZZ2405 Well-Known Member

don't know if anyone has posted or noticed this.
    when using the trailer module as a flight stand, the top joint has no ratchet and won't hold primes weight. there's a slider where my thumb is in the photo that shifts up and locks into one of the grooves in the top joint, locking it in place and then it will hold primes weight.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is there a guide anywhere for returning items to Amazon Japan? I took my first MP-44 and the return documents to DHL and they were stumped...

3. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

It looks a bit like your pics above. But actually way more like this AKOM pic:

[​IMG]

Which I think is a missed oppertunity. Perhaps something for a 3p to get an extra S1 head.

4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which adaptor is that? Sorry, jetlag returning from Korea so I'm probably being a dozy - spell it out and I'll be happy to do it! :p 

In the meantime, here's Sideswipe rocking the jetpack!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Apparently Ratchet Now.

News Credits:
    Should be a random orange stub that comes with bluestreak I believe?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Primus1998

Primus1998 Professional lunatic

it's no racheting, i realised that, but it's not floppy at all, there is still resistance. Imagine it to be like the doctor who figures. the way the joints bent

7. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Went a bit wild on the deskbots today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  8. Master Farr

Master Farr Well-Known Member

That is absolute bullshit that there are fucking qc issues on this fucking $500 toy?! That\'s it, next time i go to walmart, i am getting that siege cell shade prime

• Like Like x 1
  9. Master Farr

That is absolute bullshit that there are fucking qc issues on this fucking $500 toy?! That\'s it, next time i go to walmart, i am getting that siege cell shade prime

10. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Both lower ratchets on mine are gone. But seriously if I didn't know that it was faulty I would never have questioned it as I don't typically over play with my figures. I'm a bit of a transform once then put in my display type of collector.

Prime stands fine, is sturdy, and holds any pose i put him in.

I guess what would happen is the joint, if used too much, would ultimately become floppy or useless?

I wonder how many people out there have faulty figures but just don't realise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Primus1998

honestly, i am fine with your complaints, and yeah the figure has some slight issues, i have no complaints against it. it's great and amazing.

12. Master Farr

I'm not the only one pissed that this figure even has knee issues right? none of the siege figures have that issue. and you could by plenty of those figures for the same price they're asking for and still not have to worry about any of them being fragile.

13. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

So are there still people getting the knee breakage? Or are new copies fixed?

14. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blimey, I had no idea that was even a thing! Here's some dirty phone-pics as the light tent has been packed up, I hope they suffice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  15. Primus1998

i just can't believe i own this figure, and the knees are nice and tight as well, that's what i love. Even if they fail they don't flop about.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20190909_205227.jpg
    "Mine's bigger than yours."
    "Size matters not."

• Like Like x 14
  17. Master Farr

is it at least fun to actually play with, i own mp star saber and he isn't that fun to play with, same with mp bee though to a much lesser extent.Also, half of the accessories are worthless at best, seriously what is the point of the starscream head? It can't attach to the mp starscream which would've been an excellent reason to own this figure, but no, it doesn't even attach to starscream. Also given the price, wouldn't you think that they would finally paint the faces of the humans instead of just leaving there faces blank, I mean for that much money they want you to give them they would at least bother to paint the human faces for once. Also I must say that the proportions aren't the best, Especially compared to other prime's like Potp Optimus Prime, a figure that actually has been used by people as a stand in for MP 10, the aforementioned MP 10, and of course, siege Optimus prime. These figures managed to strike a perfect line between being cartoony enough to look like G1 Optimus should, while also adding a few more toy esque looks in order to impress the people who want toy accuracy. Really, while Prime looks perfect as is in the actual show, much like ironhide, the proportions don't translate that well to plastic. I mean for god sakes it looks like the figure is wearing a diaper. Also the chest is too wide and the arms and legs look kinda spindly. Plus because of the Peter Cullen voice clips, there's a noticeable backpack on his back that sticks out way further than it is supposed too (which is even worse since this figure is greatly striving for pixel perfect cartoon accuracy with things like the entirely blue legs and white waist with yellow on it that were even lacking on mp 10). Moving to alt mode, the trailer is perfect. The parts are there, roller is painted right, and it's really ingenious how roller can actually pull both the repair bay and even the trailer itself. But looking at prime, the back of the cab looks like folded off robot parts, which doesn't make sense since the TE-01 was able to flawlessly make perfect truck mode. I forgot to mention TE-01 earlier but I think it is far superior to Mp44, it's robot mode is perfect and manages to have good proportions, and the back is clean. Also IT'S CHEAPER THAN MP 44!!!!! But overall I feel like Takara kinda went quantity over quality on this one, if there wasn't a bunch of the accessories it came with, nobody would complain, was anyone seriously asking for a starscream cosplay or blast effects or even voice clips. Now I know what you're saying "wait a minute why are you complaining like you were expecting complete and total perfection". The reason is because with this high of a price and the god damn name of the series being called "Masterpiece" it's kinda hard for me to not expect perfection. Say what you will about Unicron but at least he justifies the cost with his accessories, full range of articulation, features and so forth. here, the price seems completely ridiculous and even more insulting to people like me in college who can't afford it. I mean even with all his accessories, mp megatron only cost $320 and MP Ironhide (another masterpiece with a lot of accessories) only cost at most $120 so why the big price increase?! Especially when all things considered it isn't even that well justified, well once again, the useless accessories balloon the price needlessly. Seriously all this figure really should've come with were the figure itself, the trailer, roller, his gun, the matrix, and his gun and that probably would only cost $150-$250. I personally have never been excited about this figure once the price was revealed so I won't be getting it and instead I will just get the cell shaded prime from the siege line.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  18. Primus1998

very fun to play with.

• Like Like x 4
  19. The brown note

The brown note Well-Known Member

Your definitely not the only one, I think its fairly ridiculous that such an expensive toy has such glaring issues. I don't think I will pre order anything from takara again as the Last few I've had have been faulty in some way. That being said, without the issues, mp 44 is really impressive

• Like Like x 1
  20. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    Does anyone know what's up with @Sam at the minute? After a post (at least) a day in this thread his silence since MP-44's release has me worried. Hope you're OK fella!

• Like Like x 1