Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    I just watched Wotofa’s latest vid and he lingers on that section, even unscrews the gas tank (the one that folds around during transform). I have no idea what he is saying but his expressions seems to be about that connection not being aligned.

• Like Like x 1
  2. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But did you know.....most of the people complaining probably hasn't even handled the figure? Dun dun duuuuuun...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rockdown

Rockdown Persecutor in chief

Ebay:
    Well, as long as you are alright
    How are they actually stopping you from enjoying your toy??!!Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

I like this assessment.

As a rule, I’m pretty careful with my figures. I stepped back and watched as others had their experiences with the knees, I gently practiced how to use the legs, but all it took was a moment of inattention on my part and the results are there for all to see - I can’t entirely remember what I did, but perhaps I had my thumb sitting partially on his knee cap and upper shin while trying to engage the upper ratchet - hard to say.

I now take care to hold his thigh with my left thumb and forefinger, place my right index finger on the back of his knee, with my other thumb and fingers clasping his shin and calf respectively, before attempting to engage the upper ratchet. I officially have a ritual for handling him.

MP-44 forces you to slow down and take time with simple poses, which goes against 30+ years of play with Transformers, but it doesn’t make me love him any less.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so......$450 or so for a brand new figure and there is already significant QC Issues being reported? no wonder I backed out of this hobby. Takara has become very inconsistent with QC for a while now and its been prevalent in the MP line, Encore Fort Max (in my case, I went through 6 of them and they ALL had some type of QC problem..yet I could buy a vintage used example of Ebay with none of those issues).....sad what's been happening to production quality in recent years, while costs go up. For the amount of time they spend on these figures, you'd think these types of issues wouldn't be happening.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

HAHAHA!!!!!! :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How are people talking negatively about aspects of a toy harming the personal opinions of others?

Anyways....I received mine.
    I’m conflicted on how I feel about him atm. He looks great, I’m just not sure I enjoy it as a “transformer”
    The price is a little steep for what you get here if all you really care about is the core bot. I wish they had a cheaper option sans the trailer and accessories for this release for that reason alone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara hasn't been inconsistent at all- ever since they started charging more obscene amounts of money for MP figures, the QC has been the same- always some major problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just thought I'd recreate one of my most liked pictures with this guy. They look so good together :D  20190906_134322.jpg

• Like Like x 35
  10. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformed my second one and, aside from the minor paint blemishes I mentioned earlier (mainly a bit of a scratch on the Autobot insignia) and a tiny dot of blue paint on his white crotch, he's all good. Knees are good and no other paint blemishes or scratches. (No slightly loose right leg on this one either.) He really is a damn fine figure, and the transformation isn't as bad the second time through (although I have no idea how @Liampope managed to do it first time without instructions, the crazy wizard). I love both head sculpts, but especially the S1 one. I can't believe I almost didn't buy this because I wasn't sure about it from the early prototypes; it was only the announcement of Bumblebee v2 that pushed me over the edge. And here he is surely my new favourite MP. Quite the stunner.

IMG_2639.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2643.jpeg

• Like Like x 25
  11. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Kinda the wrong thread for that , but y’all seem to be forgetting about glaring seam line that te01 has . 9F499D16-C711-46EB-94F9-C89DB084CEC8.jpeg As someone who values a good headsculpt especially the s1 head that comes with 44 . TE just doesn’t cut it , it wasn’t even an option to begin with when they ran without this head variant.

• Like Like x 12
  12. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

OMG...you're joking right??

• Like Like x 2
  13. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Well, mine is finally here (and no customs drama!). He’s perfect out of the box, the only tricky think I’m running into is clipping in the front waist hinge. Anyone have a tip? 9AFC1806-F42A-4E6D-A370-8D2D545371F0.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  14. IwatchTV

IwatchTV Well-Known Member

Gone too late for me to start transforming mine. But looking at the truck mode alone he seems perfect so far!

I wondered if the paint job would look as good in hand, but man those colours just pop.

And what a truck mode it is! The rear of the truck, that we've heard alot of moans about, doesnt bother me at all. So much better than the clean bed that TE has. Absolutely love it! Tempted to maybe save for another copy, so as I can display in both modes.

Day off tomorrow, so provided the kids dont bother me too much, I'll be giving the transformation a go and hope to upload some pics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

To clip the waist in properly you need to make sure the bottom hinge on the voice box is lifted up properly. Then there's space to push down to lock the waist joint. It locks in very easily once the red hinge is lifted properly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb TFW2005 Supporter

The head transforms to shrink the head and protect the face in alt mode.

Also at least TE knows how to make straight antenna.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

The only problem I'm having with mine is the same problem I had with MP-36. The gap between the ratchets in his hips. They're driving me crazy!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Man, get over it.

• Like Like x 14
  19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Personally, I'm more bothered by MP-44's bent antennas than TE's seam...but to be fair, neither are huge problems in hand. To MP-44's credit, he has a better crest and mouth guard. However, if 'glaring' seams are a big problem...MP-44 has them all over his body. I say this as someone that has and probably prefers MP-44.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

What’s a good protective layer on top of paint that scratches easily?