Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OK, so quick question about the fix: I don't live in the US, and we don't have Gorilla Glue here. Does anybody know whether there are any good alternatives? Would a cyanoacrylate (super glue) work? Is the plastic ABS? Because I have some Tamiya cement for ABS...

What did the people who did the fix use if they didn't have gorilla glue?

• Like Like x 2
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately:

Whether it's ABS or the cement could substitute I don't know as I don't have him in hand. Anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigerhund79

Tigerhund79 Swedish viking marauder.

Alright, my first post here in many years: I recieved my MP-44 from Robot Kingdom this tuesday and transformed it later that evening. The transformation was by far the most challenging yet, and had it come packaged in robot mode I wouldn´t have done it, just like with MP-36. The pay-off was incredible. It has no paint scuffs. A few sprue marks just like all other samples out there, but I couldn´t care less about them. I also didn´t move the knee joints untill today, being careful not to move the bottom joint first, and all ratchet joints are intact. It looks like I got lucky with mine. All in all, he´s glorious and I love it do death. The backpack isn´t a big deal at all and it´s incorporated quite well. I started collecting Takara MP´s in 2009, and ever since my first figure, MP-4, I´ve been waiting for this one. It´s been a long wait, but it was worth it. Thank you Takara Tomy!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 21
  4. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty bad the knees fiasco.

I will see th evolution of this situation and if other issue emerges.

5. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    I wish that mine came in robot mode

6. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

I dont think the knees are a systemic issue or QA/QC issue at all. The knees operate well when moved as they were designed to be.

Where Takara went wrong is not clearly explaining this in their instruction manual. They should have included a diagram and instructions on moving the top ratchet first and vice versa.

• Like Like x 4
  7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the do look blue at first glance .... and he's looking dated next to the others bring on ft soundwave! or a better takara version :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    In the words of Chuck Norris...

It's... time...

20190906_103632.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey guys! I'm preparing for mine to arrive on Monday! I read somewhere's in the thread that Mod Podge(Matte) is something that can be used to spray on Prime as something to help from paint chipping and before I pick some up, I wanted to confirm with others if that's a good/safe recommendation as I've never used it before and don't want to ruin my figure. I'm in the U.S, so I was hoping maybe others who maybe spray their figures, could let me know if this is safe or if there is something else that can be used? I appreciate any and all responses.

My next question would be do you spray the entire figure? Cover the chrome and spray everything else? Is one light spray on it enough or should I do multiple sprays? How much is enough?
    Again, thanks for any and all input. I'll check back in when I return from work, which I'm assuming I'll have to read through 20 more pages. LOL :)  Have a good day everyone.

10. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh sh!t - looks like I got busted knees, the lower ones, I dont hear any clicky ratchet sound, ahhhhhhhhh f!
    how do you disamble the legs, I'm too scared, I don't normally perform surgeries on my figures :( 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Honestly I would suggest Mr Topcoat/ Mr hobby’s topcoat and of the gloss variant since most tf have semi gloss to gloss finish . Matte coating your chrome ... would just make it dull silver and give it a rough texture compared to a smooth texture to touch . And since everything else seems to have some sort of gloss finish already you might wanna just mask everything and give it a full coverage on the yellows and grey ribs which doesn’t feel like they have been given any coating . 0EB05AAB-AFDE-4BAD-893C-3874EE178BA9.jpeg from gloss>semi gloss > matte

• Like Like x 2
  12. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for this, I missed these messages. Easy with the length of this thread ;) 
    Anyway I've just ordered it off Amazon. Should arrive about the same time MP-44 (shipped today :D  ) does.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Minor/Repaint: - MP-44 Knee Fix

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Go to the radicons section . There’s an entire thread on the knee fix . It’s really easy .

• Like Like x 1
  15. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! This sucks, but it is what it is....ammm, do you guys know whereabouts is the screw that I need to remove so that I can dissamble the legs?? I can see the feet has a black screw, wondering if that would be the point of contact, thanks in advance!

16. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One more thing that I wanted to make sure of: the one @BrutiKing used was Gorilla Super Glue Gel, right? He mentions it here. However, Gorilla Glue's website claims that it is a cyanoacrylate. I get that their formula may be improved etc. But if somebody could confirm it that this works I'd be very grateful.

BTW, many probably have mentioned this, but thanks to @BrutiKing for doing the tutorial!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

While they're stinging now, I think we all know Kneegate and antenna-gate will never beat Butt-flap gate in the league table of great MP release gates.

Though maybe a second wind for tennis racket foot-gate may become a close contender with the release of MP-45 ...? o_O 

[​IMG]

Racket-gate. It's coming ....

• Like Like x 1
  18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

True true.

And remember, the vocal ones are the ones that have/had issues. When the numbers are extrapolated, that's like a drop in the bucket. The vast majority of the people who have figures that are fine dont run to a message board to say so, and then take into account how many do not belong to a message board, etc etc.

We cant dismiss the fact that some had issues with their figure, but it is SOOOOOOOO less than this thread would lead you to believe.
    FWIW, my figure is 100% fine.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Will barrel

Will barrel Well-Known Member

Woop woop just got an email from the delivery service telling me prime will be here by Monday! This is so exciting

• Like Like x 1
  20. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

statistically, for every 1 person being vocal, there's another 9 who have the same experience but don't say anything. It's also true that there will always be more people who are vocal about problems, but it doesn't diminish the fact that for every reported problem, there's a bunch not reported.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.