Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So aside from the ratchet knee ratchets and some crooked ear antennas, mostly good to go? Just a few paint defects / battle damage?

2. tonewheelz

tonewheelz Well-Known Member

I really do think this is the cause. The right leg is flawless and goes in without any effort. I’ve tried pushing it in using my finger as well as tweezers wrapped in tissue. With mine, the tab is too far to the right (toward the inner leg). Here is a picture:

62A52649-0FA9-4BC1-BA79-B719C7804CE8.jpeg

UPDATE: I can get it to go in only after bending the lower knee first, and then pushing it in forcefully with a pen. Hopefully the fix will make it go in on its own. Here is a picture:

D6134DE6-DA74-4A80-9E3F-A1386771EDED.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  3. JonnyBravo808

JonnyBravo808 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You would be correct in your assumption.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 4
  6. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    You mean.. exactly like I said to you on Saturday? :)  in this post...

Which is entirely different from saying it's "intentional". Sloppy paint happens too.. that doesn't mean its intentional.. it means it's considered 'within tolerances'

• Like Like x 1
  7. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

So, for all you who have the knee problem, I have good news!

I just spent a ton of time with Brutiking online, as he helped me step by step to fix mine, using the method he posted a little ways back. Now it works perfectly! Super solid, no problems at all after numerous bends and poses.

The reason it took me so long was, well, because I just wasn't understanding it very well for whatever reason. But Brutiking was extremely patient, and it all worked out.

All you need is a screw driver, and Gorilla glue. That's it. I didn't need to sand anything down at all. At first, I was hesitant to use glue... but when you see what it's actually for, it totally makes sense. It's not to "glue together something that broke," but rather simply to keep a ratchet piece(that should have been one solid piece anyway) from moving around. It's extremely discreet and easy to do, and doesn't take away any integrity of the figure whatsoever.

So, a HUGE thanks to him for helping me out... because now I can finally enjoy my MP44!

• Like Like x 22
  8. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

I genuinely feel sorry for those that by law have gone with 3rd party. This thread brought me to the light even more than the design already did.

I love those pics. It’s nice that the humans scale with the previous ones too.
    This thread and posts like this has kept my hype levels at tipping point. Receiving the package and revealing the box for the first time will be a rare occasion to keep my inhaler on me :D 

It just didn’t feel right to cheat myself out of the official for the big bot himself. MP-36 was an easy choice, but I only had MS-01 because I was an impatient bugger and at the time TE-01 didn’t have the new head and wasn’t as available.

So glad I sold him off a few hours ago. It’s all going towards MP-45 and maybe Maketoys Meteor.

• Like Like x 6
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

I just realised how easy it would have been for TT to increase the functionality of the trailer even more, and yeah I know you can already kinda fudge it but if they had put hinges along the sides of the trailer that go the length of it, you could open it like normal as if to go to base mode but instead fold it again at the new hinge so it kinda origamis itself ala FP G3 trailer and the cloaking gimmick it had and hides the wheels and undercarriage parts.

Voila,

Death bed from the trailer that would look much more accurate. I think a lot of people would be keeping it out the box then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Earlier in the thread someone requested a Squatting Slav pose. I know the request has already been fulfilled by another member but now that I finally figured out how to work the ab crunch, thanks to @Prime of Shadows, I wanted to give it a try too. This dude truly has magnificent poseability!

IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1666.JPG

Exactly! I wasn't trying to contradict you dude, just adding to the conversation :) 

Again, I agree! Like I said, I think TT were aware of it during production and let it slide because, as you say, it's 'within tolerances'.

We're on the same page, my man!

• Like Like x 14
  11. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering Completist

I don't have him, but one of the things I like a lot is the magnetic feet on the human figures. Reminds me of my Pre-Transformers Diaclone days. Damn I'm old.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Good stuff, glad I could help. That’s a clever pose!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Apparently Ratchet Now.

News Credits:
    Nice! Thanks for doing the squatting slav post!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a odd question, but has anyone who ordered through Amazon.jp been charged or see the charge vanish?

15. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Hey Grumble, here's the link to e-mail TakaraTomy directly: https://my.tomy.co.jp/confidential/takaratomy/csc/a/index.html you may have better luck going through your local Hasbro route if Hasbro sells MP-44 officially in the Netherlands. Also, unfortunately (and even in Japan here) TakaraTomy typically requires you to send in the item first when it's over around 20,000 yen, so in this case being 50,000 yen, they'd probably definitely not do anything until the item gets to them. You can definitely try, though! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

There is one thing Amazon US can learn from their brethren across the Pacific, they know how to pack a box. My MP-44 arrived today in pristine condition even though the box looked like it had gone 10 rounds with Brawn. They even glued the cardboard base they shrink wrapped the box down with to make sure it did not move around in the shipping box. THREE gold stars for Amazon JP. But alas the girlfriend swept it away before I could crack open the box and marvel at its supremeness. She says I will see it again under the Christmas tree. She is getting coal for Christmas this year. BA HUMBUG.

• Like Like x 11
  17. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if it has already been covered, but who did you have to order from to get the bonus matrix coin? Or did everyone get that and I just can’t find mine?

18. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same story here. Outer box looked like hell, but Amazon JP secured the contents waaaay better that their American counterparts ever have.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The coins are usually a Hasbro Asia bonus. If you ordered from Japan, you won't get one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    At some point between the preorder going live and release the price was adjusted by 890 yen, so the charge was removed and charged again.