Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    FINALLY!

I have him. I’ve waited 35 years for this day. It may as well have been an eternity. But, Optimus Prime—Sunbow animated studios Optimus Prime—is here.

It’s like it’s September of 1984 and I’m 11 years old again, and I’m seeing one of my favorite heroes walk from out of my television screen and into my room.

Forgive me, my Cybertronian brothers and sisters. I’m a little emotional now.

• Like Like x 14
  2. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Please like and share my friend's work!

Dio Dio

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 29
  3. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Apparently Ratchet Now.

News Credits:
    That was the second time fixing a masterpiece. First was a broken hip skirt on MP-36. I usually build and do commissions for a lot of gundams tho.

Here ya go. If you still need help, DM me and I’m glad to find a way to clarify things.
    Minor/Repaint: - MP-44 Knee Fix

• Like Like x 1
  4. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We had a special day planned today for MP-44. It was an amazing day and I still can’t realize I have him and that we shared this together. I took her out nearly every day since I know I can pay for him. And today, she took me out. Awesome day!

@oku did it previously! But I don’t like the look of it without it. The backpack isn’t that big at all in real life. It’s just like the rest of MP44, it’s awesome!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    My MP-44 arrived today. Unfortunately one of the lower knee ratchets is broken. Everything else is looking perfect, just that one knee. :(  I'm impressed with the figure. The transformation isn't that hard. Megatron was way more difficult in my opinion. I've transformed MP-44 back into vehicle mode and I'll be contacting Amazon Japan for a replacement.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    I do think it is a common issue for it to break after use though. You could maybe check out the MP-44 fix thread.

7. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Agreed. Pretty much the only thing accessible is the tab. You could try putting a little bit of oil into the channel, if your only issue is that the tab sticks in there a little, like mine did.

@BrutiKing Did you mean to say it does NOT eventually break?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Will do mate. Maybe I'll ask my money back instead then and wait for a re-release. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Alright...

After going to bed pretty upset after having to disassemble both legs due to failing knee joints, I'm ready to jump back into trying to fix it.

I'm not entirely sure how to, even though I've read the two help posts countless times. A video tutorial would be extremely helpful, but I don't think anyone's made one yet.

Outside of not understanding how to get that spring and gear put back into place without the gear shooting across the room and getting lost, I'm also not entirely understanding how that one tab(the one we're supposed to sand down) is supposed to fit into that white slot. I can see the tab, I can see the slot, and I can understand filing the tab down for it to fit, but mine doesn't seem like it would fit without significant sanding.

I know y'all are busy, but if anyone wants to help walk me through it, shoot me a PM. I'd be hyper grateful. I figure I'll try working on it for a while, and if no dice, I'll just reluctantly send it back and wait for a rerelease, hoping that Takara fixes their mistake.

Outside of this pretty bad problem, I love the figure. He looks incredible. And the backpack looks WAY better in person. I really didn't think it would, as I've seen so many photos from all different angles, and all of them had the backpack looking huge. But in hand... it actually looks amazingly well proportioned. I know that the "in-hand" phenomenon is said about just about every release, but in this case, it is absolutely the truth. So if you're on the fence, and the backpack is the deciding factor, my advice would be to go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to remove the backpack, but not only the sound box, also that piece that holds it, do you think it would be very difficult to remove the pin that holds it?

11. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Does the knee still hold ok?

12. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    It’s amazing isn’t it? Anything else I can volunteer up I will as soon as it gets back to me. What an original come back too. Man I am floored by your intellect

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    Under normal use, where I tested for a bit, it did for me. I bent it all the way and such, but eventually, I probably accidentally had it not slide in properly. I wasn’t thinking about sliding the specific thing in the groove carefully, I tried to play with it “normally” as though it doesn’t have any issues I should be afraid of, as a figure should be imho

14. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    I don’t knock out pins, so I’m not sure, but I think you can pry apart the panel below to get enough access with the soundbox.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

Ok I'm still confused after that answer lolz. After you fixed your knee(s) with normal wear are you saying your repaired knee still broke or did not brake?

I'm trying to decide if I should do the fix or just leave at is, bc it isn't all that bad on my copy.
    I don't know if it will get worse or stay as is. Also how much time are talking here for a noob to average person trying to perform the fix? 15 mins? 30 mins? A few hours?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    That was for before I fixed the knee, I had one working knee to test out whether “normal” use of the figure would mess with the knee. Normal as in not thinking about the possible damage in the back of your mind and playing with it as though I was posing it around and having fun. (I had a great time btw)

I hope this answers helps. I’m not the best at words, so if it makes you more confused, sorry about that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    "Not true at all! People have been using this trick for YEARS! And a number of us have already did so, on these exact same pieces with no damage. The antenna are much less malleable than most softer plastics I've run across, and take the heat much better. You just need to take some care and not rush it. "

Please tell this to the guy who already melted his

18. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

IMG_20190904_165214.jpg

FAMILY PHOTO

• Like Like x 21
  19. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

Ok great, and time wise? 15 mins? 30 mins? A few hours?

• Like Like x 1
  20. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    It was around an hour and half of continuous knee bending for the ratchet to stop clicking. I am planning to see if I can exchange this and I’ll report about that too, so I thought I might as well test the joint’s durability

• Like Like x 1