Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Lklee78

Lklee78 Well-Known Member

50275B60-20F5-4E35-B3D7-BD675E70CB04.jpeg

I believe the problem is my ratchet is too strong for the plastic so the notch is starting to shear. How should I fix this? As you can tell I already shaved off some of the plastic on the blue tab. Ignore the sloppy paint job from the factory on the white part.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
  3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    would gluing the piece into the slot fix it?

4. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    How did you keep your fingers from burning?

5. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Oh...guys...it’s so beautiful...he’s in perfect condition with only a couple scuffs...both knees work perfectly! The transformation was so fun!! A couple bits I got stuck on because I didn’t look at the manual closely enough, plus first time everything is stuck of course. He looks fantastic!!! Photos to come after I enjoy him a bit more and transform him a few more times.

• Like Like x 11
  6. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

Arrival from
    Cybertron!!! image.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  7. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    OMG DHL is just fucking with me at this point...They told me Prime would be delivered on Monday...I was surprised they'd deliver on a holiday but waited for hours anyway just to find that no-one ever showed up. I sent them an email on Monday when they no-showed and then filled out the delivery form on their website rescheduling the delivery for Tuesday afternoon. Both of these communications included my full address and buzz code for the building. Tuesday I received a text message saying they cancelled my delivery attempt because they did not have the buzz code that I provided for them on Monday. Upon receiving said message, I called them on the phone and talked to a supervisor who apologized and assured me that it would be delivered today (Wednesday) between 3-5. However when I checked the scheduled arrival date today it had moved to Friday between 3-5?!? Now I've just got off the phone with them again and yes it is confirmed that there was ANOTHER error made yesterday and it is now scheduled for Friday. I'm out of town tomorrow and Friday, but now must rush back to try and get home before 3 on Friday afternoon or else wait until next week as they won't deliver on weekends (although apparently stat holidays are no problem.) Honestly 3 times they have told me it would be here and 3 times they were wrong. I'm so annoyed with them right now. The funny part is that I was originally given an estimated arrival from AJ for next Tuesday the 10th and I was totally fine with waiting until then, but instead DHL decided to tease me all week with false promises about it instead apparently just to piss me off and make my week more stressful. Their only other solution was for me to drive 2 hours through rush hour traffic to another city to get it myself. I'm pretty sure DHL are working for the Decepticons.

To be fair, they have emailed me a $25 gift card that apparently I can use for things other than shipping through DHL, but (as you may guess by me spending the cash on MP44) I have zero fucks to give about the money. Be fucking professional. This is total amateur hour bullshit.

/endrant

• Like Like x 2
  8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    So it sounds like it’s simply there real tight. Just pull as hard as you can and it will come off eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MSWF377

MSWF377 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

said the actress to the bishop.

wait...

:lol 

---

anyway, my mp-44 should be delivered today since tracking says it's with the delivery-courier.

unless, of course, shenanigans happens...

• Like Like x 2
  12. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    What's your adress. I'll go and check out.:D 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

You know Prime, always giving Megatron a chance. He's sharp enough to shoot the seatbelt off of Spike in Transport to Oblivion.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

TMan978 has a review up - I think the lower ratchets are gone on the knees in the video. He doesn't mention it though.

Can someone please confirm?

Watch from 34:00

• Like Like x 5
  15. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus WHY do people have to handle their figures so violently?!?!?!

Maybe this is why I NEVER have issues with my figures; I NEVER handle my figures like this.

edit: and I love Tman reviews....but he's gotta lighten up on this figure.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    Antenna
    Do not use a hairdryer on the antennae. As you can see a couple pages back, you run the risk of melting them. One second too long with a strong hairdryer will warp them forever.

Knees
    One of my knees was malfunctioning. It's ratchet only had 2 clicks instead of 5 or 6. I bent the knee all the way and it reset the ratchet.
    Please try this before disassembling your figure.

Hips
    Are the hips wobbly on this guy for everyone or just me? I think its got some intentional give but the joints worry me.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Yeah, he’s a good reviewer but he’s too aggressive with the expensive stuff. I wouldn’t dare to move the humans around like he does, I seriously think it’s why they’re being broken. You can’t say it’s entirely TT’s quality control or design choice if people are handling this like a £20 SS or Siege deluxe.

18. KayODave

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, there’s a bit of give in between each ratchet click. It actually helps give him a really good A stance.

Do you have an idea for an alternative to the hairdryer, or is it just an SOL situation?

19. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

That is exactly how my copy is and same knee too. The ratchets still engage, but not until towards the end. It was never like that before. I barely posed him at all and I"m very careful with my figures.

For those that have done the knee fix is this what it looks like to warrant the knee fix here or is this something different? Also, if it requires surgery how intense is it? I saw the write up, but are we talking 15 minute fix here or?

20. KayODave

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If your knees are tight enough to hold a pose I would recommend just leaving them alone.