Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

Fuck me locking the hip piece on MP-44 takes more strength than I have!! How the fuck do you push it past that locking piece?!?

2. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    You won the Internet with that. Good day sir

• Like Like x 3
  3. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    making me sad...

I mean HALF THE BATTLE!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. dickenz

dickenz METROFLEX?!?

News Credits:
    This is the knee issue and sounds like your ratchet housing is broken. Fix is here Minor/Repaint: - MP-44 Knee Fix

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Haha awesome! Should’ve been Bluestreak though so could have Shaggy’s voice in there!

• Like Like x 9
  6. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

Great lolz. I didn't hear any breakage. I was just posing it and noticed the legs looked different. I'll check it out. Appreciate it.

7. Robotmonkeys

Ebay:
    The paint is a little matte isn’t it. I was thinking the same thing but it will give those pieces a little luster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw man, I had to deal with Bay Prime being a pyschopath tearing off bot faces, but I never thought I'd see G1 Prime jump into action just to blow away a poor innocent tortoise. Shame on you Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Sure! I just followed @Jarrod's instructions below. Worked a treat and only took a few minutes.

I disassembled the heads and took the antennas out for this btw.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dickenz

dickenz METROFLEX?!?

News Credits:
    If it goes it won't necessarily make a breaking sound. It can be a fairly minor scuff to the edge of the housing that prevents the ratchet engaging properly. Check Brutiking's damage (or almost lack of) here:
    [​IMG]

Essentially the ratchet piece and housing should be one solid piece not two. This is how the ratchet is able to sheer out of the housing with improper movement or bad moulding. Thus why glueing it in place as per BrutiKing's fix is viable.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Robotmonkeys

Ebay:
    Thanks! I will definitely be doing this. Also, it looks like my S 1 antennae are not the same length. Hopefully this may help with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chockey88

Ah no, i was doing it wrong!! You have to lift the back speaker piece up out of the way then it clips in easily!!

Thank God for wotafu's video on the transformation!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

re: knees issue ratchet piece/housing, etc

Ya know?

There must be some sound reasoning (at least on paper) on why it's not a single piece other than being a straight up bonehead design decision from TT.

As such, does it really require glue to fix this?

or can the issue be rectified by using/saturating it with just ye always-TF-reliable Future/Pledge polish?

My copy should be delivered today since DHL failed (again) yesterday.

btw, TT should have just included straight ear/horns as extras if they're worried about transit or packaging breakage for it.

The bendy/curved ears/horns looks really stupid from the pics. Toon-centric my ass...

:throw 

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    its crazy how good the Starscream head looks on MakeToys Meteor... its PERFECT

its on with blue tac for now until someone releases a shapeways adapter

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  15. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Can’t spend more time on this right now, here’s a quickie! :D 

6A03A03F-064C-4040-85CE-ECB88CF5B8F7.jpeg

Awesome!! I hope this works to fix the damage that was done to mine from the way his head was positioned in truck mode. I’ll have to try the hair dryer trick when I have time. Thanks for letting us know that worked!! :) 

• Like Like x 21
  16. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    On my copy both hips are wobbly. I am wondering if this is intended for give?

17. Matt Random

Matt Random Well-Known Member

Received my MP-36 + MP-44. I was not prepared for how big the MP-44 box is. Seems unnecessarily deep which results in a floppy plastic tray.

Didn't have the time last night to tackle the transformation so just admired the truck and goodies. No obvious paint issues so far. I really like the little figures as it is something I always wanted as a kid. I find they add a lot to the play and disability. Especially for alt mode. However, I'm afraid to try to move Spike's hips. Others seem fine. Looking forward to having a block of time to transform it. I'm not into complicated transformations, but in this case I just gotta free that bot.

Couldn't put Megatron down once I opened him. He is beautiful although I dread trying to take the fusion cannon off the arm. I was also surprised with how the plastic feels. Not as nice as I was expecting.

I'm having to rethink where I'm going to put these two. It'll take more space than anticipated since it seems a shame to not have the trailer and Megatron's cannon out on display. The trailer on MP-44 just begs for constant play and tinkering and Megatron's cannon was one of my favorite parts of the original toy.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  18. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

I ended up giving up last night and went to bed. Both lower legs are disconnected from the rest of the body, sitting in different bowls with their respective parts. I’m kind of disheartened by the whole process—I’d hoped to be able to enjoy Prime when he arrived, but instead, it’s all just frustrating.

I’m not going to give up, though. If anyone who’s done the fix wouldn’t mind helping me out, shoot me a message. I can maybe send some pics of where I’m at, and what I’m struggling with. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. chockey88

It took a while to transform, with only a couple of difficult parts because I wasn't doing it properly (thank god for Wotafa's awesome transformation video!). MP-44 is hands down, without a doubt, the definitive G1 Optimus Prime figure to get. Haters will say that I'm just a Takara fangirl, but this thing in hand is fucking gorgeous!

Everything, and I mean everything, folds and clips in perfectly! If you go slow and follow the instructions, it's a great transformation! The paint application is almost perfect, with paint on almost every surface. The shade of red, blue, and yellow give me so much nostalgic bliss it's not even funny!

And that fucking backpack that everyone hates doesnt even look that big, and suits the overall proportions of the body perfectly!!

If you don't think this is worth US$350, I can assure you it is well worth the money! This is right up there with the quality of the expensive 1/6th scale figures in my collection! If you're on the fence about this, I suggest you get onto one of the Japanese retailers and buy this straight away. You won't regret it!

IMG_1958b.JPG IMG_1959b.jpg IMG_1960b.jpg IMG_1961b.jpg IMG_1962b.jpg IMG_1963b.jpg

• Like Like x 48
  20. chchchch

chchchch Weight Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    These are some of my favorite pics yet! He looks so dead on to the cartoon here!

• Like Like x 3