Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    How many times are you gonna repeat this?

• Like Like x 8
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm selling 1/4 of my collection, and only keeping/buying Masterpiece and Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    You don't get it the same day, but it's pretty quick. 3 days or so

4. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    It's honorable to support small business.

As long as they don't complain TT charges them 449 later.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Super Mario will be real in 2023

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    277230-merchant.jpg

What're ya sellin'?

• Like Like x 10
  6. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just paid $365 for MP-44 today from Amazon.jp. Shipped. So there are cheaper options now, and there will likely be sales and opportunities in the future. I do think it's likely that we'll see a Cab only version of MP-44 for something like $250. But we will have to wait for announcements. With how Hasbro milked MP-10, I think it's safe to see there will be a lot of options in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I have almost everything on my sales page here.
    All unopened, new in box

• Like Like x 1
  8. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

I ordered MP BW Megs from Amazon Japan and it came fast and safe. I saved a bit too. I just got a notice that I was charged for my MP-44 pre-order by Amazon Japan. The total with shipping was $326.08. If you compare that to buying it domestically you save a ton, which I am able to put towards my next purchase. For instance, BBTS sells it for $449.99. I am in NY and if you add in their $4 shippijng and taxes it comes to $489.99. That is a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    That's not what I meant. No one in the US can do same day either. If you buy from TCP today, you get it next Tuesday. If you buy from Amazon JP, you get it next Tuesday .... for 120 bucks cheaper.

• Like Like x 3
  10. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well above 250 is too much for me that is the problem, for others is easier for you, have the money i am happy with you, but lets not hide the sun with one hand for the majority os us is not the same, there is also people saying this figure is amazing that is also repetitive and i am not saying stop with that.

11. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    That transformation... doesn't look bad at all. I love how they've combined a few transformation techniques from Sunstreaker with mass-shifting vehicle parts to form the backpack and the way the arms expand out, instead for MP-44 it's in the shoulders rather than the forearms. They probably used other techniques that I don't know of, but I just skimmed the video - for obvious reasons - and don't own most of the MPs yet nor do I transform the ones I own often.

I like how there are still some similarities with the previous MP Primes, such as how the matrix chamber and faux grill sit underneath the vehicle and the gray waist is formed by the front wheel wells. Fits in with the legacy of the MP Primes that came before him. It's very nice to see, feels a little nostalgic too which makes me more tender about this release. It's kind of sweet how it's built up to this.

The legs are definitely something we haven't seen before, completely original instead of the old tired waist turn, thighs collapsing, feet twisting upward and legs pegging together with a lot of G1 inspired Prime toys up until recently. Which I commend TE-01 for trying to do differently as well and MS-01 to a lesser extent, but the result is more or less than same - which are robot legs sticking out of a cab.

Despite how much parts and steps MP-44 has, this transformation actually seems like something you'd easily get used to after doing it a few times. Looks like a combination of Sunstreaker and MP-10. Can't wait to transform him for the first time! Also, at first I was a bit anxious of handling let alone transforming Prime, but after seeing that guy handling MP-44. Well. Let's just say my MP-44 is in good hands. ;) 

The initial impression of the transformation we got from the scan seemed like it was on MP-36 levels of transformation, but it appears to be only a few steps up from MP-10. Maybe more than a few steps but still. Looks way funner and less tedious to transform than TE-01, that's for sure. TE-01 is less intuitive in terms of engineering IMO, it's complex because it tries to be clean but it sacrifices sculpting for the head and resulted in inferior articulation, even to MS-01.

I apologize for bringing up TE-01 again, I sold that figure a while ago so I know what it's like, and leg transformation aside, MS-01 is basically MP-10 in terms of engineering so it's the main comparison. The amount of articulation TT achieved while maintaining such great sculpt and proportions with their engineering is, bloody, brilliant. The transformation scheme looks fun and not frustrating.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Congrats!

13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being most of us paid $320, after a couple of reissues you should be able to find one for the price you want new or used.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    To save a little less then $50 a month since first pics showed wasnt exactly difficult lol.

& to clarify , I never once complained about price or how TT is screwing over fans . I’m fully aware of AJ and have ordered from them in the past . I had a dam good credit line with TCP , and I’m not paying $400 whatever retail there asking . So your real house wives jab earlier was cute , it kinda ran its course the first time around .

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  15. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks bro i hope so

16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 32
  17. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

How is there any debate about the origin of those sound clips? That's definitely not young Peter's voice, the inflection is completely different from the way he said those lines in the past. Cullen has a very distinct G1 Sunbow voice vs his Bay films and beyond voice.

• Like Like x 6
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    130 can be used to buy a good figure. It's almost one MP Hound.

It's not about saving. There's many reasons why people would pay more i.e. faster arrival time, etc, etc, but you are getting the SAME item the SAME day as the rest of us for 130 dollars more.

Savings? Get out of here. Real Wives of Cybertron don't need to save ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
  20. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder how many people are changing their mind about a new Starscream and seekers now.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.