Takara Tomy Legends Trypticon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can never read these things the right way.

For some reason I can't get my brain deviate from my normal reading pattern.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    There's an Australian who's been translating the comics and has been very helpfully putting arrows in to help people with that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

The tail on mine ratchet broke too. Takara ver

4. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that.

How did it break?

• Like Like x 1
  5. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp, looks like I'm going for the Hasbro one. Probably on a discount.

For those doubting, it is looking like Hasbro and Takara are coordinating to have more equivalent releases. Look at Takara's TLK figures, they're identical to Hasbro's. I'm guessing Trypticon is an experiment to see if that would fly with the Classics figures.

6. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    I hope Takara is okay with losing sales. Maybe that's the issue. Hasbro is tired of losing sales to Takara and wants everything to be universally cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I cancelled my Trypticon. Not interested in the same dull deco and same poor QC as Hasbro at double the price. Not even going to bother with Hasbro's version either. Let the major retailers stumble in the dark panicking over unstocked units "mysteriously" not selling to customers they've trained to drag their feet for triple coupon special savings discount 4U.

• Like Like x 3
  8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Movie stuff is usually the same because of the small lead time. Seems Trypticon is a similar situation. Releases were very close to each other.

The rest of Legends have been different and continue to be different.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I love how people are blaming Hasbro for perceived problems with Takara product. That seems fairly paranoid to me.

10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Losing sales how? We aren't their demographic.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

You are probably right, but TT knows that international sales of these bots are apart of their sales none the less; small as it may be it some cases.

I think this is just TT not giving a flip this round. Transformers are such a small piece of TT these days.

This just means Hasbro did a kick ass job this round as to making a good Trypticon. The winners are really the consumers outside of Japan not having to pay a premium for something Hasbro seemingly not doing what fans wanted the first time that TT usually cleans up. I mean some people are getting this at $125 shipped to their door while domestically Japanese are paying 22000 yen plus any sales tax. That is almost double. Exchange rates don't count in this equation. They use yen and 25000 after taxes is a crap load of money for a mass produced Hasbro "import" sort of speak.

Everyone got a free comic out this too since it is published on the internet already.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RKillian

News Credits:
    Oh that is not even close. Hasbro shipped a $150 product with broken hip ratchets and other problems. The Takara version being the same crap with a higher price tag doesn't excuse that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right that Legends is continuing to differentiate after Trypticon. But I can't buy the lead time idea for why they're the same. Legends Fort Max came out last September. So Trypticon is only coming out a month earlier by comparison. I don't think a month would make much difference. If Takara wanted it to be distinct, they would have made it distinct.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope the future Titan releases aren't like this. What a disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

You do have a way with words. Cheers to this.
    I don't find Trypticon Junk or dull/boring though. With seals applied, the big boy really pops and I'm not talking about exploding springs.

No it doesn't excuse it. But this isn't anything new on either Hasbro or TT. Just usually the other way around.
    Nor a surprise. It is the same model. The probably cost $50 at the most to make / materials and all. The markup is incredible all the way down the line. Retailers make out fine in the end even in extreme mark downs. A profit is a profit no matter how small these days. Hasbro and TT just need those averages that will pay the premium before the mark down and that is success enough.

It is called kicking the can down the road. Hasbro and TT are in the "Just enough to cross the finish line" mode and they are fine with that; and apparently so is the fan base, myself included. My take.

16. RKillian

News Credits:
    I have no doubt that Hasbro/Takara profit on the sale. Retailers are another story. They're sitting on stock for a year or more in so many cases. There are carrying costs associated with that. And then, after they've sat, they have to mark them down 50% to move. It amazes me that anybody smaller than TRU even touched Trypticon after what happened with Fort Max. Some dealers had them at NJCC and I genuinely felt sorry for them. Not sorry enough to buy it but sorry nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Thanks! love these translations! much appreciated!!! BTW, did you ever do translations for Godbomber's (LG-42) chapter?

• Like Like x 2
  18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    17k at nippon yassan.

19. RKillian

News Credits:
    I should probably mention that I very rarely cancel preorders. Up until this year, where I have been slammed with "surprises" from all sides, I had cancelled maybe two things ever. So it's not exactly lightly that I would bail on this. Takara has been good at delivering more value than Hasbro with the Legends line so Trypticon has been a real disappointment.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Same here, I think this is the first one I've canceled in probably 15 years now.

• Like Like x 1