Takara Tomy Generations Selects Volcanicus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. PixHell

PixHell Temp Banned

I can only imagine how beautiful this guy could become with GS red swoop instead of the standard blue one... I know the GS swoop isn't painted like this one, but it should be easy to swap arms, legs and head and fix it. I should start search for it, is there anyone who could help?

2. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

I owned the POTP versions of this set (my only modern era combiner, excluding Titan Devastator & FOC G2 Bruticus). I loved them but passed them along to the children of friends at Xmas two years past.

I’ve been doing some major pruning of my toy collection, but I bit the bullet and ordered these. I recently completed a set of G1 Dinobots. I think I will collect the Studio Series 86 versions as well. I’m excited for them to land soon! Dinobots are the greatest!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    You could try to call your local comics stores. GS Swoop was not very popular at all, so he's been shelfwarming in the locally owned stores here (both of them do mail order as well). That figure also has more severe floppy issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS has it in stock Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Swoop (Red) Exclusive

• Like Like x 1
  5. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Heads up, the gray on Red Swoop doesn't match the GS Dinobots (or the PotP ones, for that matter), and the wings are attached to the torso with capped pins. So if you want it for the red torso, be prepared for the wings to not match the other Dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PixHell

PixHell Temp Banned

Thx, too bad i can't do online purchases right now. I can't get a new pre-paid card because i lost a specific ID card that's required in order to get one here in Italy (it's the healthcare system card, without it you can't get any pre-paid card) and i can't get a new one for several reasons. Btw, i'll keep an eye on this guy. Maybe i'll ask my gf to buy it for me and i'll give her the money back.

There are ways to switch anything on a TF, even wings. Also, GS Volcanicus's swoop doesn't have painted wings. Unless they used a different shade of gray/silver-ish plastic for the red swoop, it should match the colors on the GS Volcanicus's unpainted grey parts

7. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you.
    Also, quick question to anyone planning to replace the feet with 3rd party options.
    Would you consider selling them? I need new feet for Inferno and I don't want to have to buy another Inferno or Volcanicus.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    They did indeed use a different shade of gray plastic on Red Swoop. And yes, the wings can probably be removed with something like a soldering iron, but I wanted to make sure you were aware b/c they're a lot more difficult to remove than the limbs and head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PixHell

PixHell Temp Banned

A hair dryer should easily do the trick. It's Just a mushroom pin.

10. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

Some quick n dirty appreciation after opening Volcanicus up.

With G1 buddies:
    0B3D29FB-C722-4D81-BCB4-0B4417E9C83A.jpeg

A first go at weapons / combiner bits storage:
    4CE63550-8877-49A2-A76A-91E19B339C8F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love the setup with the G1 dinos. In some ways the GS bunch give me great inner child vibes hahah.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

Totally! I think I spent ALL of 3rd grade recess playing imaginary Dinobot games with my friends Emile & Nolan. I would be different robotic dinosaurs by the day, capable of turning into helicopters or submarines depending on the story we were weaving.

Nolan was from the Philippines, his dad was an ambassador, and in the fourth grade his whole family moved to Kenya.

I remember him telling me very seriously about how in the Transformers cartoon he watched in the Philippines the Dinobots would combine. I don’t know if he’d seen Masterforce and was remembering Dinoking, or if he was just imagining something great, but I always dreamed of how cool that would be.

BB92974C-C994-4FD3-B0FF-45F412995DD0.jpeg
    I’m the spirit of childhood combiners, here’s Volcanicus with stumpy G1 style arm configurations. I kinda think I like him better like this!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

14. Hans Panette

Hans Panette AceR Lightbringer

15. Cardion

Cardion A Knock Off The Old Block

News Credits:
    I'm just here waiting for the Cyberverse Volcanicus. Let me know if you hear anything.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The wings can be removed with a soldering iron, that's how I did mine. Generation Selects Red Swoop is now just a pile of reject parts in a box. (Well, one of them is, anyway--I bought two PotP Swoops and two GS Red Swoops so that I could keep one of each in original condition.)

Don't know if a hair dryer would work, the wings are flexible and could distort from the heat. If they do, they might warp away from the body of the figure, which would prevent the notches on the wings from engaging the tabs on the body, making it impossible to lock them in the "up" position.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hans Panette

Hans Panette AceR Lightbringer

It’s GS Volcanicus w/ TWF06t upgrade kit. However, the chest plate and the shoulder plates cannot fit into the body. They are very loose. I don’t know why but just give up using them. The other parts are fine and they make the whole structure even more solid.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Me, Grimlock, have Buster Swords."

• Like Like x 3