Takara Tomy Generations Selects Volcanicus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Hopefully not, as that would be just depressing. Lol.

2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Never say never. Maybe after the beerbug we'll be getting more Surprises (?).

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Would anybody have predicted Volcanicus again? With minimal changes?

Abominus with cartoon colors and a chest shield/blaster wouldn't be the worst thing to throw out to market. Minimal cost to produce as the feet/hands are already there from the Dinobots.

As far as "what's worth it..." apparently enough people bought the Seacons to make Neptune worth trying, and I'm assuming those sales contributed to Takara going forward on this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Don’t even compare God Neptune to this. He is a Pre-existing repaint of characters that never had new molds. Like how Ruination was needed from Bruticus, God Neptune was needed from Piranhacon.

The Dinobots are just a cheap cash grab set of repaints before better figures for the characters come out. Just like the Movie The Best line, which saw them milk those movie molds one more time before Studio Series came and gave is much better figures of those characters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. regenisis

regenisis Well-Known Member

to any fellow aussie collectors decepticon clones pack is down to $66 on amazon au. only 1 left.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  7. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ikr!, lol. Id make it a priority to obtain him... itd be nice to have some new toon/toy colored fists too...or at least a set of what ever color of pink or magenta they are.
    Yeah, I recall that but I too am curious as to what was said and how specific it is?.... I expect a Landcross and or Lio Kaiser to get a release at some point... * Fingers crossed !* I know Im looking forward to MP Raiden :) 

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I mean a lot of people did on here. Plenty of folks said this was cartoon volcanicus but they were drowned out by people screaming dinoking.

as for abominous goes it’s up to takara if they want to or not. This is also a set that’s not coming out till next year so if takara did it’d be 12-18 months before they’d do abominous if they wanted. Who knows where they’ll be and if they keep doing Generations Select then.

a lot of folks are taking this as “they’re doing all the remaining combiners!” They’re not.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I don't blame you when it comes to a set that still has painted transparent plastic on major components, it was worrying enough for longevity on the POTP Dinos at RRP for me.

I wonder if Takara are using this as a metric to test the viability of a Dinoking set?

• Like Like x 1
  11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    TakaraTomy's Transformers Twitter account is the original source for those photos. Here is the tweet in question. :) 
    https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1306865546378579970?s=09

20200918_064407.jpg 20200918_064347.jpg

I believe they are referring to the fact that no one saw a Volcanicus recolor with new weapons coming prior to the teaser. Once the teaser came it was obvious we were getting some kind of release again of the Dinobots Combiner.

Still hoping for anime Abominus.

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    if they did a dinoking set it wouldn’t be using these molds. This is takara not hasbro. Hasbro would use these and say they’re dinoking. Takara would make them as faithful as possible and base it off their inner robots which if using pre-existing molds would be 2 blots and 2 cut throats and 2 new molds for the torso which they’re not going to do because they don’t make new figures for these bonus exclusive lines. Takaras not about to retool/repaint the dinobots and call it dinoking and pat themselves on the back. This is the company that went its to make the seacons as faithful as possible

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Still waiting...

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORT MAXie

FORT MAXie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  15. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Me too! Really concerned for anything transparent. I already experienced a breakage on my vintage Bigconvoy's left arm that broke. No strsse whatsoever from me. :cry . He was like posed on my shelf then I found the arm separated from his body.

Not to mention the rubberized pointy parts from previous releases of the UW line tail fins for the jets and Mindwipe's wings. They gonna melt later?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Those Seacons entirely remoulded from existing toy designs, you mean? And of course they wouldn't use these exact figures, for instance Yokuryu's head is an alt option for the POTP Cutthroat buck! :p 
    Besides that what I asked made no such assertion, it was about them maybe assessing potential demand/popularity of a Dinosaur robot based combiner thinking that the success or not of this Dinobot set may influence whether they decide to go ahead and "Select Seacon" the Dinoking team.
    Nah, those are the rather naff poor quality stock POTP stickers.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    There is also this Ocean Detail Decals for Power of the Prime Dinobot Grimlock,In stock! | eBay

Official licensed Grimlock.jpg

Unfortunately I already ordered the entire Reprolabels PotP Dinobot set during their now defunct sales promo.

I've been using this decals too (see my Autobot Alliance Prowl and Star Convoy images) they are a bit of a pain to apply and somewhat fragile (they are rub pressure type) but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better that even the Takara supplied one (especially the foil types used)

Makes you wonder how the "old" Takara decals were much much better. Heck even their Conehead G1 re-issues decals could barely attached! They cost cut on the glue too? :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At the end of the day , none of us know what there doing...

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    And a lot of folks are saying "Takara said no more retools" and haven't pointed to where they actually said that.

Which reminds me of "Warden said Bumblebee wasn't going to be a Cliffjumper retool" and then he was. Or how the next Titan was certainly going to be Metroplex because "Warden said he wanted to take a shot at it" and it seems to be the Ark instead. Hell, "We'll never see Beast Wars because Warden doesn't like it..." and then Kingdom happened.

It went from "No more combiners after Poseidon..." to "no more retools after Super Megatron..." and I still haven't seen the links to either statement.

Would be nice to see the quotes because in the past year or so the "but they said...." crowd seems to be doing a poor job of either understanding what was said or even remembering what was said.

Yup. All we've got to go on is what they're doing now and things they've done in the past. I don't fault anyone who was hoping the teaser was more than just Volcanicus because up until that point that's what Selects had been. Now that it's revealed not to be...what it is suggests a willingness to do stuff like Abominus a second time.

• Like Like x 5
  20. tommy2longview

tommy2longview wrecking crew

Its nice but still not enough for me to give my os dinos...this price hurts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.