Takara Tomy G1 Optimus Prime (Kingdom Ultra Magnus Redeco) With Tensegrity Stand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quite like the Prime but am not into the stand at all.

2. MrLemming

MrLemming Well-Known Member

So they’re taking what was a leader class figure, taking away the only thing really making it a leader class while keeping the price at $50… leaving us with a voyager scale figure (MSRP ~ $30) and tacking on a $20 stand, for a price at nearly $70…?

Just… wow…

I’m assuming the extra $20 for Prime is in the paint job, but I still balk at shelling out almost twice the price of a voyager figure just for getting a premium paint job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Why redeco the Mold made for Armor if it doesn't come with Armor???

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Will the armor be sold separately? C''mon Takara/Hasbro! We want Delta Magnus already!

5. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Man, there's so much kvetching over Delta Magnus, but it's only now that it hits me. Is the Japanese side of the Transformers fandom itching for Delta Magnus too?

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Aw, lack of yellow eyes is lame-o.

Still, not a bad rendition of Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it odd for them to offer the stand on its own as well as a set with the figure and the stand. It's good for people who just want the stand, but I foresee a lot of these guys just sitting around in a warehouse since not many people wanted to pay another $40 (which this figure is not worth even with the paint scheme, imo) for an okay looking figure at best.

It's cool, but it'd be improved by a Delta Magnus colored trailer for the people who want a red-cabbed Powered Convoy. But then the whole set would probably be close to $100 if they add another upcharge for the trailer's premium deco, and at that point, why not just release the figure and stand completely separate from each other? This is just a weird situation.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  8. prime241

prime241 Westbeasty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Just want to know who asked for this

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Seeing how many people complained when Hasbro did yellow visor MP Soundwave it doesn't surprise me but I'm with you there; yellow eyes would've been perfect here. Heck they did it for the cab robot on Star Convoy so they may as well have.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure I'd want a toy intended to have armour without said armour.

• Like Like x 3
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I hope so. Really, really badly.

E-Hobby Ultra Magnus was "the one that got away" when I was low on cash back in the day. I bought the MP version but it's not the same without the Magna Convoy cab robot. Nor was Classic Series blue repaint of Optimus Prime as Magna Convoy the same without the Delta Magnus armor.

This is our best chance at a Delta Magnus that does everything it's supposed to do, more or less (although a Selects version would do well to come with Powered Buggy somehow). Hasbro and Takara's silence seems somewhat deafening when we're getting toys of guys like Galactic Man.:rolleyes: 

12. Supremus

Supremus Well-Known Member

Chromelicious.

13. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Heck CW Magnus into Delta seemed obvious when Delta Magnus appeared and got that name in the very comics the toyline was so closely tied with at the time and of course back then we got three seekers and even Crosscut but not the dead obvious release that seemed so guaranteed. The fact that we're here now with regular magnus having about four versions between Siege and Kingdam and near every Diaclone deco being done from the relevant molds (heck Deepcover got TWO figures including a whole new deco) makes Delta's omission that much more glaring.
    I can only hope somewhere in Hasbro or Takara's offices the only thing holding Delta back is some guy pitching a third Deepcover for remake of the Powered Convoy giftset because there's really no reason to not have made him especially with the Kingdom tooling existing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vaderp55111

Vaderp55111 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I think that with little bit of tooling and retooled trailer Takara/Hasbro could make Super Ginrai from this mold.

15. Vaderp55111

Vaderp55111 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I think that with little bit of tooling and retooled trailer Takara/Hasbro could make Super Ginrai from this mold.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Please no! This mold is utter trash and other than the fact that both Ultra Magnus and PMOP/ Ginrai have armoured up modes, there are no similarities. It would come out poorly and half baked. Back when they did PMOP/ Ginrai as a UM retool in CW it was trash (imo) and there is no reason it would be good.

I don’t get the obsession of retooling figures into other ones that have very shallow similarities.

17. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see no mold on this toy bot mode looks ok truck looks bad

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, that’d be a hell of a way to get an earth mode Deep Cover along with a new character red Mirage AND give us Delta Magnus! It’s all extremely low hanging fruit that would be a great Selects boxed set! I’d drop $100 on that in a second!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Oh yeah; I don't see him happening as a singleton but a in a boxed set like this an extra Deepcover would fit right in and it'd just be pure awesome. It'd be an absolute win of wins if it were to happen. Gonna hope hard.

20. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Hmmm. Maybe if core bot's arms were retooled to be retractable and the panels for the super mode arms could have bigger hands, it just might work. But Ginrai has blue forearms, so I'm not sure how that will translate into the core bot.

Actually, Haslab Star Saber might be a better template for Super/God Ginrai than Siege/Kingdom Magnus.

• Like Like x 1