Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

At this point the Waruders feel more like Protoss to me : High cost high quality units… it is the Diaclones that are the swarmers. Which makes sense given that the waruders are invading aliens with stretched supply lines… Even the Ripper has that Zealot feel

That’s the only way to make the lore work given that one Gigantor basically flattened the entire base defended by some big powered GVs until the Trivers got there. There must be a huge cost to deploy such a powerful unit such that it’s use is limited.

That’s why the lack of specific background stories work for the line … it can be anything to anyone. I don’t want definite good vs evil type stories… the Waruders are desperate to survive coz they are facing an energy crisis of their own and they just see humans as some ants squandering resources which they can use to help their species survive.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DeceptiKong

DeceptiKong AKA Sick6Sins

Drago and Ghoul show in stock at the chosen prime. I just ordered!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

walder suit series | product | diaclone official site| takaratomy

" the walder suit consists of a core module "worm pod" that houses the pilot and a variable mobile unit "larva" that fuses with it and changes into limbs. worm pods have powerful combat capabilities alone, such as directional energy attacks emitted from canopy crystals and restraint attacks with robust flexible tail units that can be remotely separated and connected. in addition to the "hammerhead" type, there are various units large and small."

.... huh.... so I guess when Gigantor "shoop-da-whooped" with the pods in it's body that... wasn't 'new'... also I guess Saber Head (the sword) being a remote/drone entity wasn't 'original either'.

Also, I had just always assumed the Worm Pod slotted into the 'Power Suit' but I guess it's more of a biomechanical evolution/growth from the pod itself? I suppose that would make the Pod Bunker from Gigantor make more sense... shoot out little worm pods a bit like orbital drop pods and then they 'evolve' into the suits/grow tails? Certainly ups the psychological intimidation... no wonder humanity put faces on mecha to intimidate back!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spikeytigertron

*sigh* getting really tired of waiting for TFS and BBTS (though BBTS has been sold out).

Where does Chosen Prime ship from?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  5. Spikeytigertron

Ghoul Head (or Pod Bunker) definitely has that "hive" energy to it. Waruder also got a bit of Zergy in them too between the bugs and that they'll 'take' (convert?) units with those hunter pod chambers.

I know some folks have tried to theory craft the idea that waruders could infect Diaclone mecha. We can definitely see where they've analyzed and adapted the tech- if not outright 'hijacked/corrupted' it.

It's actually really fun watching the technological leap frog from the early sets to current.

There also still hasn't really been a Dianaught unit that can do this: [​IMG]
    and that's just the 'basic' unit of the swarm.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Spikeytigertron

From a morphology standpoint if one posits that Waruder tech is 'grown' and doesn't reproduce per say... where do we suppose the jump to Solider came from. You can sort of follow the bread crumbs with worm/larva/fling-stang to integrating with raptor/bug head to get to Mega Grappler and Rippers... But the solider strain which feels related to Gigantor is a different beast so to speak. Perhaps the Gigantor's kaiju mode adapted to the introduction of Big Powered and the Demon (humanoid) mode was emergent... so they took that then miniaturized it for the Solider- which just happened to be coinvent to be anti-VERS troops as well.

But I agree with the idea that Waruder seem to have a higher investment point in their troops. The fact that with the Mega Grappler II/Ripper and Solider I/II the warudroids are fused into the suits like Protoss Dragoons was *really* interesting. I'd assume they'd be piloted by veterans.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    You weren’t joking.
    178EC3AB-77FC-4264-BF39-7E42825BADA3.jpeg 3C425285-E85E-4BBB-AE0F-AC040A3ECB18.jpeg CDC84EF1-AA01-448C-A401-F96551984A99.jpeg A1A0E362-9667-4F9B-ABC7-5452686B2E4E.jpeg 8FCEC215-CA83-46E0-A293-F5EDC3EF12B0.jpeg CAEE28DE-5C17-483E-A921-345BF1D194B8.jpeg 6D629FC3-61B2-4FB7-AB12-AF899A50AB80.jpeg 021382DB-9B0B-47DA-8E57-12CB4D2FAAD0.jpeg 6BE5AA46-2114-45E1-AC02-01E4286D668F.jpeg 3E3343F6-0325-44A9-A64C-9DA0013F7856.jpeg 709E8785-4179-49A0-8E50-F763D1BC27F5.jpeg AC764D57-7343-44FA-AA4F-0171A6CF28BC.jpeg

I….. don’t think I’ve held a smile as consecutively as I did in the 30 minutes I opened this. It’s a work of art.

• Like Like x 20
  8. Spikeytigertron

Thank you for shoving a V-Mover in there... I've been dying to try that and I haven't gotten around to it.

How do you feel the yellow arm unit goes with Convoy?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spikeytigertron

The more I think about it... I know a lot of folks here (and on some days even myself) were kind weirded out by Convoy's Chest/Core integration... but I'm starting to think it's mostly awkward because they were planning Powered Greater around it. Though I suppose they *could* have kept the Convoy head stored in the Core unit instead of onboard VMAX-01.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spikeytigertron

Battle Buffalo Mk.IV.< Striker >| Product | Diaclone Official Site| TOMY (takaratomy.co.jp)

Given that the Taurus (head) unit was effectively the tactical droid for the Gamma squads... I'm shocked we never got a green murder ball... and that it took until DA-81 (50 releases later) to come back around to it.

It's also interesting that the Decisive Battle mode for the Battle/Striker Buffalo sounds soo much more complicated than any of the other mech in the Diaclone Corp.... in-so-much is that it even requires access to a separate AI network.

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    It’s not the same yellow used as an accent color on Convoy, but it looks amazing with him. Like it’s a part of him and not an add on.
    Also, friendly tip. “Double posting” as it is called, is a little frowned upon on this site. I think a lot of people would prefer it that if you had something else to say, you either kept it all in one post or edited your first post and added the rest in later. I in no way mean this to be mean, it’s just a little bit of TFW etiquette.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Spikeytigertron

Ah :(  I'll endeavor to do better. Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose it's that I figure they tend to be different enough ideas, without having to dissect a quote post to reply to different parts. But, I can see the cons to having a couple pages go by with just one person just kind of shooting thoughts out into the forum.

• Like Like x 3
  13. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Goa'uld swarm with Protoss-level technology

PERFECTION.gif

• Like Like x 3
  14. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

First off *thank you* for mentioning SW Visions as i don't recall hearing or reading about this at the moment. I don't follow Star Wars so it simply may have not been on my radar. It looks interesting and i'll be checking it out.

With that said PRECIELSY like that.

I personally am inspired by the fact that the official lore states that the Waruder empire controls entire planets and that they recruit mercenaries from said worlds. That presents a creative blank slate for Diaclone stories. I don't follow HALO closely but the novels tell stories of unique (i.e. not Mister Chef and his crew) teams in far off locations that have definitive beginnings and endings.

Stories are told that don't damage the foundational lore in the HALO universe.

Come again? Is that official lore on the Takara site?

• Like Like x 1
  15. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe TCP is in Texas.

16. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning this - I’m pretty guilty of this as well and didn’t realize it could be taken the wrong way!

That’s interesting - I don’t remember seeing that! Do you know where it was mentioned?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

I can't recall the exact segment of Takaras ongoing storyline where this is mentioned but it would be my absolute nerd pleasure to reread it and find it for you heh. I'll do so later today assuming someone doesn't beat me to it before that time.

18. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the reminder. I try to do this unless they are quite different topics, but can forget when it is late or I get excited about something...

• Like Like x 1
  19. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Mesa, AZ 85215

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My two Pod Granders and DA-73 are processing soon at BBTS.
    Meanwhile, my Drago and Ghoul, DA-68, DA-70 and DGU-3 should be here Sunday.
    Woot!

• Like Like x 5