Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

Not sure what your question is, but text says:

“Pile Destructor Cannons fire highly pressurized energy cartridge shells capable of shooting through Gigantor’s armor in a single shot. Cartridge shells can be fired consecutively and concentrate destructive power equal to that of scatter-shot type Destructor Cannons, effectively destroying the target from within.
    The extendable barrel allows for use at various firing distances.”

The point is basically that the new BP is specifically designed to counter Gigantor. It sort of sounds to me like it might even be too powerful, so I’m curious if they’ll come up with anything else on the Waruder side to combat this.

• Like Like x 5
  2. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

I guess his question was whether the giant cannons could also work like pile drivers (like the ones frenzy and rumble have) in canon because of the retracting/extending gimmick. From your translation, the answer would be that they're exclusively cannons and the extension is purely to adjust for range. Though it would be pretty metal if a battle damaged big powered in a future pv used the cannons as melee weapons.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I say, as these things are made on assembly lines, who's to say what post-factory mods the owners make. If you say your crew repurposed them into concussion-powered pile drivers, then that's what they did. Yours isn't the one they may feature in a shakey-cam video, it's another one that your team customized.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly for taking the time to translate and shed some further light on the figure. We haven't seen a video with the EVOL Gigantor yet... so maybe that'll do it?

I find it interesting that this VERS BP is the specialized heavy hitter. I guess that leaves the BP Destroyer as the "main line" battle BP with the heavier (probably not heavier than VERS) and the bigger guns. The denotator cannons that the Destroyer uses, and shoulders kind of like a bazooka are still rather unique compared to the other shoulder mounted armaments' we've seen so far. I've always head cannoned that the treads from Powered O1 can shift and are also used as thermal vents for the main cannons.

While the OG BP page does mention that it's components can be used for construction sort of frontier exploration. I wouldn't say 'no' to a primarily yellow and red with black highlights 'construction BP' (not that I think I *need* any more BPs). It would be interesting to see *that* side of Diaclone represented. I have noticed we seem to be getting more 'yellow' crew which seemed to be for construction/search and rescue- etc.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Spikeytigertron

That was indeed my question, I suppose either worded poorly, or with too much extra attached. Like how @Matrix Quest mentions below there's certainly no reason they couldn't be head cannoned cannons (sorrynotsorry). But I always appreciate understanding the formal lore before I go *too* far off into the weeds. It's been kind of refreshing taking myself back through the product pages lately and rediscovering things I either forgot, or tangential details I hadn't pieced together.

So far it seems as far as cannon Power Suit development went (minus whatever was packaed with the book releases of the F-Type... I never got [to read] those). that the E-Type was the basis for the Maneuver Delta... and the Delta was basically the progenitor for both the Epsilon/Gama *and* the seed behind the VERS movers (Triverse Bullet Cores).

Likewise the "lower machine" from TriRambler was apparently a callback to the Dia Battles "Hopper" unit. I also think I've sussed out that the D-Calibur Rambler is the mass production unit for the whole Triverse line (as far as troop building/front line soldiers) while the other three have specialized functions. Which surprises me, because as a ground-based gunship... I'd still think Tri-Dasher would be more functional... maybe it's because Rambler can easily pivot to ground *or* air with it's 'bike' unit. Rambler still feels the most impractical to me... but we're talking about a whole of giant mecha... what's wrong with just strapping one down on a dual engine mobility platform i suppose lol.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

interesting that the Diaclone forces are still using projectile based weapons when the waruders have moved on to beam weapons, force fields and warp gates

• Like Like x 6
  7. Spikeytigertron

At least it's hopefully Friday for you, and you don't work Saturday? So you get all night with your sweet-sweet loot.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Spikeytigertron

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    It is 1:30 am for me right now, and thus Friday. I do have to work Friday nights, but I took off so that way I can have a three day weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spikeytigertron

Yeah.. I feel like the Rippers should have honestly... had the upper hand even on the Powered Convoy. They freaking have personal warp tech....

Presumably prior to them they needed a Gigantor as a gate/bridge. now their damn swords/guns do it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spikeytigertron

Nice! The box is going to blow you away when you see it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spikeytigertron

A series of one-off short stories within the shared Diaclone universe would be cool. Either like SW Visions or Love x Death x Robots.

But I agree with you and @Matrix Quest and others that fleshing it out *too* much can bring more harm than good

• Like Like x 3
  13. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

I think that lore wise, Diaclone forces don’t have that technology yet. The designers have mentioned they like to have the machines feel like they’re grounded in reality, so I’d be surprised if there’s a big shift anytime soon, but very good point.

• Like Like x 4
  14. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

I like how they made the crotch area pieces… pulse and penetrate

• Like Like x 4
  15. Spikeytigertron

KOS-MOS made Ab Cannons cool... what can we say...

• Like Like x 1
  16. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

No sir! i had to use my wife’s cutter thing and it worked like a charm!

C4A56B54-801D-42DB-A8F6-2D19AB66609D.jpeg 693B4B72-DA6C-42D8-9CE8-98ABB7ED3BDE.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Spikeytigertron

Which would explain why they keep leaning into kinetic weapons... just like Dodge- if we just put more power behind the swing we'll beat'em! The drill shoulders still feel off to me... but I loved Gurren Lagann... so I won't say no to, "moar drills". I guess having a staff, hammer, some way to smash with them would just sell me better on it. Sort of like Powered-02... are they just supposed to go all Ramjet up in the waruder's business? I know quite a few anime have used drills for deflecting beam projectiles... so perhaps there's a defensive quality to it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spikeytigertron

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spikeytigertron

I do feel like that Battle Convoy should have come with an extra set of both sheet of stickers.... felt weird just having stickers for 'half' of all the grooves.

***ALSO: if you do use the stock magnets... because punching them, or pulling to firmly as your placing them down... I've accidentally stretched mine (like taffy) on some of the longer ones... it was an easy snip-fix... but still caught me off guard.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spikeytigertron

when I get a moment to get more of my collection out storage (having recently moved) I want to try a display that has various armaments docked on the sides/walls of a Pod Grander... perhaps it's inspired by some of the folks who have stood it up (like Prime's repair mode/trailer). While arms seem pretty easy to peg down... I don't think there's really a 'storage' solution for legs/feet/waists... which is a shame. I suppose specifically with the VERS... there could be a bunch of 'bottom machines' but the top machine arms aren't modular like Dia Battles/Buffalo/Convoy.

[​IMG]
    was also some inspiration... but gosh that feels like limiting the over-all potential.

• Like Like x 10