Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The working theory is the Legion waruder suits are the bugs answer to the TRIVERSE vehicles. So i supposed the Raider Hangers might be more akin to the VERSERISERS... we'll see... So far Waruders haven't really gotten anything i'd classify as "heavy artillery' so much as just 'heavier hitters'.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    yeah... when these first came out... i wasn't going to get the Dark Cathode colors... but then I saw

[​IMG]
    and knew i needed it in my life. (to achieve that particular set up you needed DA-26 *and* DA-34)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Now that we have DA-82... we might get a cheaper and easier to get combo.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Though the original Raptor sets still seem to have some exclusive parts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly I’m pretty sure the new Versriser suits (at least 01) are pretty well differentiated lore wise - The earlier PS and maneuver suits were deployed from their pods (chambers) but had to be carried long distances by other vehicles. The versliser ones snap shut implying they’re pressurized.

Regarding translations of lore, I don’t quite have the capacity to do a big project but I can try to answer quick questions if something in particular seems confusing from just machine translation.

(Quick background for context:) 
    I am Japanese but spent a lot of time in the states as a kid. It’s not my main thing anymore but I’ve a dozen years or so of translation experience for work. So I’m pretty reliable.

• Like Like x 7
  6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jesus this thread is moving very very very fast with the bumbs....

• Like Like x 4
  7. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Sorry I spam post... I tend to check up on things at night, and for the sake of not rambling walls of text break posts up >_>".

• Like Like x 5
  8. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I suppose my main question is, "are we missing a lot of we can't read the booklets"?

Given they mostly recycle the website/stock photography I mostly just assumed it was the same blurbs on the site.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    One thing I've found absolutely fascinating about Diaclone... is how just "all consuming" it has been in my brain space... Despite the lack of "substantial media", characters (either trooper or mecha)... and quite frankly prior to my collecting the Reboot... no prior attachment...

Almost to a point that it's beginning to overtake my love of Transformers. Maybe it's been because for almost the past ten years- Hasbro hasn't really run anywhere new with the brand... Maybe it's the cost/fragility of masterpiece and the "good enough" and "won't break it as easily" as the Generations have been since Combiner Wars... but I feel like my Transformer collection is in a good spot... (minus the Beast Wars updates- and i'm still not 100% sure on those).

But with Diaclone... it just feels like the world is my oyster. While I've stayed away from the fiscal insanity (for me) that would go along with army building... I do keep getting a want to build a diorama for display/play purposes. Maybe some of that is specifically the 1/60 scale and how that evokes the [War Game] miniatures I swore I'd never build and collect (mostly because I'd never paint them).

It's almost hard to believe that I started with DA-23/24 through DA-29, went back for DA-19 and DA-15... and have more-or-less been with the Reboot ever since.

I really do blame the Gamma/Battle Buffalo video was what really got me off the fence and into the series (plus Maz's articles and various video reviews).

***Added***

I tried my best to originally stick with Black/Red/Grey from the Battle Buffalo- which was why i didn't try too hard to go backwards for the original BP.... But now that Battle Convoy has messed me up... I'm back to debating about it... but now it's harder (not impossible) to find- but at least it hasn't really moved much in price (it was $500 when i was looking for it originally- seems to still hover around there). Patience used to pay off pretty well with this line... but I don't know if it's because it's sped up- or all the global shipping/manufacturing issues... but I feel I've been bit by the FOMO... though... considering I would have originally skipped Battle Convoy (if I didn't also want him for the Prime relevance) Shadow is currently sans trailer... and I feel it's gonna be a *long* wait for Powered and Pods to come out in Shadow/Red Lightning colors. (maybe not... but by then Shadow Convoy will probably be harder to find or gone up in price) I know prices for Shadow Dasher right now are ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  10. TogeAtama

A lot of the info on the site overlaps with the stuff on the box and in the booklets. The box and booklets are almost the exact same text.

One of the draws to Japanese users is the density of the “lore” or tech specs. Pretty much every weapon or piece is explained and has a function in a sort of Star Treky sort of way. (There’s gotta be a better comparison but I’m drawing a blank…)

So for example, the red Rambler is not just a repaint - it’s a more high spec version of the original rambler with more advanced sensors and higher versatility.

Of course it’s whatever you want it to be in your setup but TT really puts a tremendous amount of effort into the setting materials and evolution of *most* sets.

• Like Like x 7
  11. TogeAtama

Yes, totally this!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Ah, that *is* interesting. I also pieced together that not *all* the blue triverse re-issues were mass deployment/production models. While that seemed to apply specifically only to Digger/Driller... Where-as the Blue Tri-Jetter sounded like another one-off/specialized unit like Sunburst. While the blue rambler was based of the upgraded Red Rambler.

I do wish they did a better break down or explanations of some of the fire arms/munitions... FZ Denotator rounds seem to come up a lot but a lot of the others (like the drills) are still kind of a mystery, wrapped in an enigma.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I am starting to come around more on the theory (and interesting playability) of Gatsblocker with the VERS system. Perhaps GATS will be the next evolution/iteration.

Though I also wouldn't mind a mash up of Sky Base and Dia Attacker as sort of a heavy air support/transport.

While Dia Train could be an option- I also feel like how Cosmo Roller and the Land Battle Cruiser DA-19 kind of got rolled together.. I think Dia Attacker/Sky Base would be a reasonable evolution to fill a niche.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    @TogeAtama I suppose some help here would be greatly appreciated. Are the Pile Destructor cannons... pile drivers, cannons, or... i suppose knowing diaclone WhyNotBoth.gif.

Now some part of me wants to see a mech with a wrist/arm mounted Pile Driver like from Front Mission... bet those would crack some Waruder suits.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Odd request- but does anyone have the bonus (female) dianaut up for sale/trade? I'm still not sure i'm committed to wanting to pick up the whole set to finish my Destroyer crew.

oddly enough if it had the Shadow-Jetter head... I might have caved... there's just something about the OG head that I just don't care for. Plus his colors don't really match any of the other Triverse imo.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    The more I think about it... the fact that they reversed the fe/male ports for the leg connections for all the BPs... really was a missed opportunity (even if it would have looked really silly). I still debate about this set mostly for the Gun-arms... But the boosters and secondary (?) arms wouldn't be wasted on Battle Convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    triverse volette core set | product | diaclone official site| tomy (takaratomy.co.jp)

Interesting lore nugget hidden away on the bolette core set (spare heads) I guess each *is* equiped with a BIG-AI? That has to be separate from the main ones like Land Master than are in each of the mega-zones. But the idea that the cores have their own independent systems *is* nice. So whether one takes that as complete remote operation, or just pilot assistance like and FCS (fire control system) is fun. Alternatively they could be like dummy plugs from Evangelion. It would also still make them stand out compared to the V-Mover (i guess that's the official name).

I am surprised we never got a re-colored (or remolded) release of these.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man I really wish Vers Big Powered could attach its drills to its wrists. If it could that would quell all of my uncertainty about getting it on top of the Destroyer I already have.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, the VERS attachment points for the feet turning them into mini-tanks plus the new Bullet Fighter (Powered 2's core unit) were a big selling point for me. I also like that Powered 4 and 5 have a more traditional train linkage (though w/o a Land Battle Cruiser 2.0- it kind of kills the land train dreams).

Also I'm oddly amused that I can do a conversion of the VERS BP *into* Destroyer (minus the unique head) between some of the auxiliary releases (81/70/64).

I'm still mystified on the colors and have a feeling we'll have to wait for in-hand reviews to get a better sense of them. They're not the pre-existing 'real' or 'hero' type- and they don't match the D-Caliber either...

It would be ridiculous but I'd bet money you could attach the drills on the Pile Driver Cannons for "extendo-drill poke!" As it is, most of those cannons look like auger bits (bonus points if they were actually die-cast... i'm sure they're not)

** additional**

I do feel they could have done a command buggy refresh, oh well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I stand corrected... I guess the E-type Power Suit (that comes with BP) is capable of atmospheric re-entry- which is also why it *doesn't* come with a raid chamber. I guess the solo release DA-20 didn't either... now we know 'why'. Which... actually makes sense watching the combination video... the thrusters in it's chest must put out enough force to neutralize the descent. (Guess I'm surprised the F-type didn't have those capabilities).

BIG POWERED GV | PRODUCT | DIACLONE OFFICIAL SITE| TOMY (takaratomy.co.jp)

. . . . . . Not *once* have I *ever* seen anyone connect the Bullet Module from Dia Battles to the Powered 1 Unit... (where the command module would sit)....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4