Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. 100mega

100mega Well-Known Member

The DA-53 Triverse Bullet Core Exclusive Set is up for preorder on BBTS for anyone that still wants it. Says it will arrive in November.

• Like Like x 4
  2. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

My bad, i forgot about that detail

• Like Like x 3
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    Don’t have any Triverse bots yet, but I put in an order.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    $62.99! That's close to original retail. TF Source is asking $79.99 for what they have, right now.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh, a small bit of warning... They sometimes get notified by their distributors that there is more stock, but then it falls through and they don't get them... That has happened to me before with BBTS and reopened presales on older items. So, great if you can get it, but don't be too invested in it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    This latest return to the topic of where the triverse comes from tells me it’s time to dig this pic back up (not mine):D 

73CF3DD8-06E8-427F-8479-6FED144F0EC9.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m still waiting on mine too. I realize things are slow right now. As long as I get it, I’m ok. I’ve got a fricking Superbuy order out there somewhere that hasn’t moved since Aug 3rd…

@TogeAtama helped me out as well! Awesome person! Too bad I don’t have my other trailer pod… and I can’t find my X-acto set…

• Like Like x 5
  8. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've got JoyToy sets at BBTS that were originally supposed to be released in April and were just pushed back again... I cancelled some and ordered from China and already got them, the rest are sold out there, so I'm still waiting on BBTS...

Oh, that reminds me I have only put decals on 2 of my six pods; (four were from my two V-Maxs). :oops: 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TCP had some pods damaged in their shipment. I had two on order but they could only send me one until they get replacements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I think I heard someone stacked a heavy pallet on top of that one or something. It's a shame.
    I feel for TCP, as freight issues are a pain, but I worked retail management for a long time and sometimes you have to eat a loss to make things right, quickly. We had items get cancelled which we had presold at a largely discounted price (cost) as an incentive and ended up having to pay full retail plus overnight shipping to replace them since they were presales, so we lost money on every unit. But protecting the image of the business was more important.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

And i call this mode... The Galvacannon.
    IMG_20211014_051449_955.jpg
    IMG_20211014_051514_069.jpg
    IMG_20211014_051503_049.jpg
    IMG_20211014_051439_045.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

DA-80 Big Powered GV < >| Products | Daiakuron Official Site | TOMY (takaratomy.co.jp)

Maybe it's the VERS cores/compatibility... but for some reason this BP has me more giddy than Convoy did... and I already have a BP Destroyer and the Land Battle Cruiser (BP legs).

I'm still on the fence with the EVOL Gigantor (did he ever have an official other name?) I'm still hoping that when BBTS/TFS get their stock in (assuming it's not all pre-sold out) i'll have the budget for one... but i'm also secretly hoping we'll get the *new* parts as an add-on later? But i'm uncertain... I think Takara has a higher likelihood of leaning into other Hanger Raiders (?) for the Legio/Ripper suits than pump out more specific parts for Gigantor.

That's so far, been the odd thing about Diaclone- the Dainauts tend to get all the additive/expansion sets for their bigger pieces... Waruder (so far) has mostly just gotten "more parts" (Bug/Raptor) as stand alone additional army. But again, i think the Legio/Ripper might change that game up... we'll see.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Spikeytigertron

On a side note I finally caved and picked up DA-52 (I've had DA-56 and it's ironic it's cheaper) and DA-57 to open soon and see how well the interact with Battle Convoy and Tridasher (OG).

It was actually going back through this thread and seeing 52 with Convoy that pushed me to go back and get it (though perhaps I should have waited to see if BBTS might restock- i know i missed a pre-order window a while back). Although paying x2 the price through TFS wasn't ideal... i know it's an 'older' set now (and demand probably spiked after Battle Convoy). Mandrake might have been cheaper- but i'm sure shipping to the US would have pinged pretty hard.

15. Spikeytigertron

[​IMG]
    I would hope that if we get a stand alone Raider Hanger, that it'll be this same grey and just come with an extra red/blue sword (if those are in fact different colors from what the Ripper will come with). Somehow, it almost feels strange that this still comes with the Ripper head unit... since I'd think a short-boi with the Ripper head revealed would look rather... strange.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Spikeytigertron

[​IMG]
    that's criminal how good those look together. Part of me is glad there's so few Marine sets... since they're harder to come by... but darn if they don't look amazing together. I certainly could see where several DA-51 and DA-61s are supported by serveral of the smaller power suit squads DA-62/68.

In retrospect... As much as I do like the colors of the Shadow-Convoy (and that he'd go well with part swaps from BP Destroyer/Red Lightning... An IMS Convoy would have made more sense (but probably should have had the Pod Grander/trailer).

• Like Like x 6
  17. Spikeytigertron

"The V Mover 01 is a multivorable powered suit that uses high visibility aero canopy type cowl armor. Cowl armor made of super-cured aluminum nitride is equipped with a gravitational field deflection shield protection system, and in volette mode it becomes a pod machine that can enter the atmosphere, and by attaching a flight function expansion unit to the front and left and right of the aircraft, it can be operated as a high-performance small flight machine." -Diaclone Product Page

It's interesting how each product's description even between like products parses the Eng-rish different... But This was the first time I noticed that in [Bullet] mode that the cores can make atmospheric entry... I'm not sure this was something previous Power Suits were capable of (hence the raid chambers).

I really would kill for a (preferably translated) just field guide/lore manual for all this stuff. A member many pages back hinted that there might be technical data in the individual instruction/product booklets but I've never taken a translating phone app to them (been meaning to).

• Like Like x 3
  18. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's the draw of this release over getting another ripper outside of pricepoint? Or is it just supposed to be a generic army building unit like the waruder suits?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spikeytigertron

Short answer: It's just an army builder

Longer Answer: it's basically the Red Flinger to the Blue's Stang as Warduer Suits 2.0. The main issue at the moment in order to have a "full" Ripper of each type you have to buy two blue Rippers and the red Legio[n] suit. That's the fence i'm on at the moment... luckily the Blue Ripper should be releasing next month well ahead of the red stand alone suit... and by then they might announce an independent Raid Hanger (the flight/back/add-on) unit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spikeytigertron

[​IMG]

The working theory is now that they've announced the Green Ripper (Dark Cathode) we'll see a purple Dark Cathode release of the Red Legio(n) suit through TTM

• Like Like x 2