Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

Ultimately this is my interpretation as well. There are still questions (parasites, "in space" vs. "on a planet in space", biomechanical body, etc) but at its core this simplified take seems like it represents what the description is trying to convey.

Now...androids are basically robots emulating human form. Is the A.I. waldaroid battle suit 1) made in the bipedal / 2 armed image of its creators or 2) was the battle suit specifically and exclusively designed for interaction with humans and human tech (as suggested)?

If it's the latter....then the original Waruder species isn't limited to a humanoid form.

• Like Like x 1
  2. protohuman

protohuman Science is a fantastic illusion

Received my second Soldier type from Amaz.co.jp today. I was a little late on getting a copy from the second small TT restock but purchased one a little higher from a secondary vendor for ¥10,744. Since the package was redirected from domestic Japanese shipping it did not come in a box, instead it was in an envelop. The box inside was pretty thrashed up but it feels mighty liberating taking an empty diaclone box to the recycling bin.

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    20201111_124009.jpg Rise up higher and higher to the heavens and beyond!!! 20201111_131954.jpg

A full on TF × Diaclone story would be epic! There could be a portal that transports the TF crew to the world of Diaclone where they team up, make new mech and fight against the Waruder Decepticons etc

• Like Like x 8
  4. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

^ It's the only way i'd buy TF product. Dianauts plus "giant robot"....

would basically be Diaclone Reboot lol.

Yeah.

5. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Does anyone here have the 1/60 scale Unicorn Gundam? I'm wondering if its cockpit is also 1/60 scale and able to fully accommodate a 1/60 scale diaclone reboot pilot?

The RX-0 Pilot is 5.69ft and we know DC pilots are roughly 6ft so if both are the same scale, theoretically should be around the same size

• Like Like x 1
  6. j5mello181

j5mello181 Active Member

I appreciate that tip Xaxis. DA-19 is on the way. looks like i can safely go kill my order with NY.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Omega23

Omega23 Well-Known Member

Good luck! Let us know how you go.

Been a week and they haven’t responded to my PayPal dispute, even though my orders are listed as disputed in their system so they’re obviously aware.

I’ll give them another few business days then escalate to whatever the “demand refund” thing is. So shonky... hopefully the Gigantor that they actually did ship is correct and not broken, cause I’m 100% on my own :( 

8. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Glad to know you’ve got a DA-19 on the way!! :) 

9. j5mello181

j5mello181 Active Member

Thank god I have an office and could sit & F5 that auction; someone was definitely fighting me for it. In fact in my aggression I might have up-bidded myself like 10 bucks at the end there; but eh.... whatever.

Red Lightning Reporting.jpg

I take back what I said about value for Cosmo Battles that is a huge piece of awesome kit. Those T pieces for the extra barrels are great little bits. Its kinda odd they didn't add those in the initial Dia-Battles releases. While the motorized head is cool, I find that resetting it is kinda finicky. I feel like while pushing it in I'm gonna snap something. I think the Trivers or even Big Powered system is much cleaner.

The real issue is whether I stick with the default head or upgrade to the visor helmet....

Not exactly filling me with confidence Omega. When you sent your support messages did you send them in English or did you use something like google translate to put them in Japanese?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Edix

Edix Active Member

11. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
  12. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    The birth of a new warrior 20201113_200658.jpg 20201113_200324.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  13. j5mello181

j5mello181 Active Member

The Veterans of the Old War Re-imagined The Veterans.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Omega23

Nah just in English. Their English is fine, both on chat support and email but it's just that they seem to have zero care for their customers :( '

16. Omega23

Hey I know this thread is technically reboot but I couldn’t find where this would fit otherwise and also figured you guys would have the best idea.

What are the values like for the OG Diaclone stuff? Big Powered, Dia-battles, Robot Base, Fortress X etc. ?

There’s some sporadic sales on eBay but as the quality varies wildly so does the price. I’ve found a couple of listings on Mandarake but no reference to when they sold, but that’s the best I’ve found. No record of sales on the BST that I could see either.

Has anyone bought or sold one of these lately?

• Like Like x 1
  17. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

There was a vintage Diaclone thread in tfw2005, then it conveniently lost during the migration, been missing it ever since T_T

Well there is this fb group for vintage Diaclone, probably can ask for estimates there.
    The owner of Diaclone Genome Project is there as well.
    Otherwise I normally have a look at ebay's sold listings, and Mandarake's listing

18. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I have nearly all the PG Gundam kits. Including Unicorn. Even though the kits are 1/60 scale and the stand alone pilots that some kits com with are 1/60, the cockpits and seated pilots are more like 1/100 scale and are too small. Always been a complaint of mine about the PG kits. So, no, diaclone pilots do not fit seated in the cockpits of PG gundam... none that I have and I have every mold. Just not all the different repaints or that ridiculously expensive gold plated Phenix.

I have found that the Votom Blue Knight Berserga Story mini pla kits are approximately 1/55 scale. Technically, a slight bit large but the diaclone pilots fit perfectly. Unfortunately, if you dont already have these kits, they are obscenely expensive to get aftermarket or from state side importers. I paid approximately $60 per 3 kit set from HLJ. BBTS, last I saw wanted double. Don't pay over retail if you try tracking these down. They are tiny and even at a breakdown of $20 per kit, they are expensive.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    20201114_202846.jpg 20201114_200046.jpg

Thank you, yeah looks like they are nowhere near 1:60 but I am praying that the 2020 Perfect Grade Unleashed is truly 1:60 scale outside and inside, the preview video and sample promo review showing the pilot appears to show a pilot that is much bigger than the PG ver 1 RX-78-2 from 1998. Amuro at his shortest was 5'5 and at his tallest was 5'9 and male DC pilots are around 6ft so they should fit in a 1:60 cockpit meant for Amuro.
    Screenshot_20201114-202556_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, we will find out next month. It does look like the PG unleased non transformable core block is 1/60 but the transformable core fighter either has an off scale pilot or a legless partial pilot. I have one on order.