Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Piecewise

Piecewise Skeleton

Yeah its the only "Tri" I own.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke Walton

Luke Walton RaptorBandito

Does anyone know of a US seller that still has Tridigger in stock? I was planning on grabbing one from BBTS but now they are sold out, and it looks like the Chosen Prime is as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Piecewise

Piecewise Skeleton

I got mine from here
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07XHL2LCT

And the price with shipping was actually less than what BBTS wanted for it without shipping. Got here faster too, ironically

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had Gigantor for a little bit now, and the key takeaway from it for me remains how much fun it is, especially compared to the other Waruder releases. While the Transformer-adjacent connections brought me to it way back when, it was how fun the initial releases like Diabattles and the suits were for me, and maintained by subsequent suits, Big Powered, and Battle Buffalo. There have been some stumbles for me, like Skyjacket, but generally speaking, those releases have been really fun, and they manage to be fun on their own, instead of needing to be bought in bulk to make it interesting for myself. The Waruders left something to be desired for me, especially the suits, because unless I planed on buying a bunch to create crazy monstrosities (I didn't), they're just...there. I was rarely motivated to take one off the shelf and tinker with it. I was never surprised by functionality that I'd forgotten about. Things like the Raptor heads helped a bit, but those still felt like the Waruder suits with more fun options being thrown in.

Gigantor though? He's just silly, dumb fun in all the best ways this line has been for me. It's so big, but has so much presence, even moreso than Big Powered. Either of his core configurations (robot man or dinozord) are delightful, and it's fun to think of alternate configurations and doing so without feeling like I need another Gigantor to do it satisfactorily. While it will be painfully expensive, especially if it's presumably an exclusive, I'm actually looking forward to a redeco of this guy, to the point where I want it on the calendar already to look forward to, and I haven't pined for a redeco of a Waruder mold before. It's unabashedly enjoyable for me, and I want more Waruder releases that are fun like this. The Soldier type mold looks a further step in that direction, which makes me happy.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Pharoid

News Credits:
    This really is the best toyline in more than a decade.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Luke Walton

Hmm I've never used Amazon.jp. Is it very complicated, or do I just use a proxy service?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Piecewise

Piecewise Skeleton

Nah, its no harder than buying through normal amazon. Just change your language to English, create an account,
    [​IMG]
    And then shop as per usual. Not everyone will ship to the USA, but anything "Prime" will. They use DHL, but tend to charge much less because Amazon has a deal with them. It was 99 bucks +14 for shipping for me, with 5 dollars off for using "Digital currency" ie a debit card. Total was about 105 dollars all said, got here in 3-4 days.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Piecewise

Piecewise Skeleton

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  10. Luke Walton

Dude thanks for the tip. I just grabbed one for $113 shipped. Way better deal than BBTS. Amazing!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Piecewise

Piecewise Skeleton

Yeah, amazon Japan is actually really good for this sort of thing, especially right now with EMS and SAL shut down. I always check there before looking for American retailers.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one for $113.85 shipped.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I cannot wait for the Cosmo Tridiller in the Marine colors, the first big addition to their ranks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

I’m surprised they haven’t released a weapons pack for the larger bots so you can have more gun options. For example, my Marine tridigger guns don’t sit in the hands properly so I keep them on his back and use one of battle buffalos guns in his hands but the colour is too light for the marine version and battle buffalo has one less gun

• Like Like x 2
  15. HemanPrime

7B89298B-57CB-46B6-8E7F-F30DFC40D96F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with that. unless they're mounted on his back i'm not a fan of tridasher's guns either. i want like a nice rifle or beefy looking pistol for him

• Like Like x 2
  17. HemanPrime

I hope a weapons pack is gonna happen now that we got a decent amount of bigger bots!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    So if anyone is interested, I have a spare sealed Gigantor for sale. I ordered one from Amazon and it was defective, but I managed to take it apart and fix it. Before I fixed it I opened up an exchange and they started the process of sending a new one, I found out to ship it DHL with full insurance that it would be more than the actual figure. So I asked them to cancel and managed to fix the one I had. They told me they couldn't cancel the return because it was already getting ready to ship. The rep told me that he would tell the delivery service to send it back before it was delivered; well they didn't and I received it yesterday. To send it back it's more than the figure, and they will only refund up to 12000 yen and give the rest in a giftcard. I don't have anything on Pre-order till December and I don't want the money just sitting there. Since I don't want to send it back they are just going to charge my card when the return window expires. So if anyone is interested I am selling it at my cost. Looking for $347 plus shipping. Shipping in US only, I can provide pics if requested. Shipping it probably going to be a bit, the box on this thing is freaking huge

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

017ad8a9fe24fa0e5b75544070ef9a9ea70afccc85.jpg
    0111b3e832d76aa7acc91ad1a61419340c08c2fe56.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  20. DunnoJack

DunnoJack Well-Known Member

Awesome photos!
    Are the dia battles jets on the sides of your first photo (like Red Lightning) attached together, or just resting on top of each other? If they're attached, could you post a side angle of one of them?

• Like Like x 1