Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. protohuman

protohuman WTB: Black Fire Convoy & Botcon TM Tigatron

Naw naw naw.
    The waruders ran out of a/c on their home planet (global warming) and came to Earth to steal Freon r-12. They even converted the moon into a big freon pump under the dia-corps nose. Both factions are on the look out for more "alien" tech and resources.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

Finally! Someone is actually paying attention to the Diaclone fiction :D !
    Yes.

Protohuman's humorous post is correct as well.

I'd only add that the Waruders have other planets under their control and use their populations as a part of their own invasion forces (or as supplemental forces). That allows one to get creative with regard to what they add to their official collection. I believe Earth has colonies as well so trooper / equipment variety could pop up on the Diaclone side.

I thought you were referencing ノリノリ部長@ノリノリ戦記 (@norinoritype) | Twitter at first but that hashtag is something different ( a different story).

The Waruder troops are , as far as i can tell , cyborgs. The close combat troops with claws have the central nervous system and brain from a primitive aquatic creature from some unknown planet housed in a tech body. That makes you wonder what the waruder troops with the rank of Strategist / Intelligence officers have housed within their tech bodies. Are the strategist the original Waruder species or based upon them?

The "big A.I." as you probably know now is one of several (5 i believe) large A.I.'s on several land masses ( they seem to break down by continent more or less. Not exactly but more or less) that govern world affairs , plan defensive strategies , etc. .

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VaporwareII

VaporwareII Well-Known Member

They want our freon? Weird. I have been using google translate on the diaclone world mook, but I had no idea what google was trying to say when it waruders wanted "Afreon", but now I'm a bit disappointed. lol

Otherwise, thanks for the info. The latest stories make a lot more sense.

I imagine the higher ranks of waruders or a faction within are at some point going to be tied to the Acroyear via the Takara SF Land links, or at least alluded to. The reboot team has to have someone pushing tighter world-building across the product lines or they managed to hire an extremely competent team with zero superfans, lol.

I would have asked these questions direct to JP-diaclone-twitter but I've already had a couple of translation failures and misunderstandings, and the Twitter redesign doesn't play well with google translate anymore. Back to translating each tweet one by one.

They are playing a bit at the colorway game popular in the art toy world. Alternating colorways to avoid single color releases can drive multiple sales for customs (one for the collection and one for me). Or say they have a very popular colorway such as marine and they keep it back to drive sales on a limited basis. It keeps the hardcore fans engaged by forcing them to army build pricey limited editions without knowing when the next matching colorway will show up.
    The designers have made no bones about diaclone being a passion project with limited funding to this point, so I expect to see lots of moves out of the art toy playbook even now with the expanding number of molds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. protohuman

protohuman WTB: Black Fire Convoy & Botcon TM Tigatron

Just playing about the Freon and global warming thing. Waruders are after something called Freeson "free zone" energy which allowed them to evolve to their current level. More on this in Act-1 of: ストーリー|ダイアクロン オフィシャルサイト|タカラトミー
    We need someone to read the story radio drama style.

• Like Like x 3
  5. VaporwareII

Oh hey, there we go.

Wait the diaclone force blew up the moon fighting the waruders?
    [​IMG]

6. Suntzu28

I was about to say "Not literally lol" but you beat me to it. Still....your original simplification is pretty much accurate lol. They did strip their power resources bare.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VaporwareII

Nope no backing down now, it's canon now. Freon is the core of the entire storyline

• Like Like x 3
  8. Suntzu28

I support it.

The Galactic War for A/C.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In the grim darkness of the future, there is only...comfortable room temperatures...and war.

• Like Like x 7
  10. VaporwareII

This is the Google translated section from the mook that prompted me to ask in the first place. I thought freezone was a place.

Freeman on Twitter
    Hmm the tweet didn't link with a preview
    Here's the text.

[What is a freezone?] In the 2060s, when petroleum resources were about to run out, Humanity was looking for the next energy resource.In the past, solar heat, wind power, Geothermal, etc. But catching up with rising energy consumption. There was no spider.Even the most promising nuclear power efficiency, There were many problems with safety and cleanliness.At that time, a great substance was discovered. Friezo It is.
    Freezone is an inversion that exists as a solid in the Earth core Phase material.At first glance it looks like a heavy metal, but liquid night Does not change.Because of antiphase energy, it is always higher than the surrounding altitude It has the characteristic of being 10 degrees lower.Due to this characteristic, To below absolute zero, which is impossible with ordinary materials It is possible.Freezon beyond absolute zero loses balance and nucleus It begins to release more energy than fusion.But now we know all the properties so far Has not been explained.So wh at's going on in the future It is unknown what can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Century King

Century King Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the Verse Raiser series are going to be themed after the three Triverse machines? Verse Raiser-1 is a jet, maybe 2 and 3 will be tank and car themed?

There's also the mysterious, hinted at Triverse-4. I'm hoping if it happens, it's either space or sea themed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wolfx

wolfx Well-Known Member

Not really digging it as a bullet cockpit module for the Trivers due to the weird claws sticking out. I'm really waitingfor pics of it as a head for Battle Buffalo though. I'm guessing its either gonna look great, especially when the inevitable "shadow" variant is released, or look awkward due to it being skinny. Might look like a mushed up head.

13. GGPiKE

GGPiKE Dianaut

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For anyone looking to catch up on the Diaclone story, this is the best translation out there. I *think* this was translated by some English speaking Japanese fans.

ACT 0: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 0
    ACT 1: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 1
    ACT 2: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 2
    ACT 3: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 3
    ACT 4: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 4
    ACT 5: Microman Club - Diaclone Act 5

(Click through for next Act at the bottom of each subsequent post)

This has been posted before here, though a few years back.

• Like Like x 10
  14. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Tri-digger review up...

• Like Like x 8
  15. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Robots build robots:

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 23
  16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    HLJ is charging for Tridigger, this is one im super excited for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    AE charged me for shipping a few hours ago. Hopefully by Monday I’ll have them and my second red lightning. AE has had pretty slow shipping the last few times unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    You’ll probably be sooner than me, I forgot I had the POL thing turned on so I had to manually ship it. Be sure to take some pics to make the rest of us jealous!

19. JShimko

JShimko Well-Known Member

Yep, Amiami charged me lastnight for Tridigger too. This is my most anticipated of the Trivers line.

20. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 When the Curtain Falls

I was seriously gonna cancel my Tridigger today, but HLJ invoiced me before I got the chance. I was planning on getting it later, since a lot of this stuff seems to be staying in stock longer than it did when they first started the line, and I’m not really jonesin’ for more of the good guys. I hope this one is worth $25 more than the other two. Anyhoo, it shipped, along with the Jetter that’s been sitting in my warehouse for two months.