Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Viper2

Viper2 Storming the Moon Gate

Welcome to the ignore list. I'm really fed up with this kind of alt.toys.transformers style of argumentation. Grow up.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

The Diaclone Wars continue.
    The decimation of my CHUG forces freed room for some new guests.
    20240614_174305.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  3. NEOLAB

NEOLAB Obsessed with Robots

What the actual fuck is going on with this thread

• Like Like x 8
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Toy pictures and carry on

Finally, after two weeks of being abandoned in the lobby...
    20240614_182201.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  5. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That was unnecessary and uninformed. @Viper2 has been an active member in this thread for a few years.

Please, keep this thread respectful, it’s been one of the few positive threads left on TFW and we don’t need this kind of friction here.

• Like Like x 15
  6. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the post the started this mess and the one I have issue with as disrespectful

Some reported issues might not be widespread, like DA92 ankle or DA100 canopy

Some might be widespread but not actually as concerning upon further inspection (Gale bumpstop)

Others have actually been confirmed as issues and actively addressed by Takara, such as the paint on Zeronos and Garuda CM. I’d lump the hip/knee design change from DA14/17 to DA33 in this category ad Takara physically changed the mold to fix them

Still others are confirmed but Takara declined to fix: Garuda Raven’s dropping tail section and the inaccurately colored Valhound (not the color shown in promos and doesnt match the wheels, iirc)

If these things were discussed and sorted here, then people would either miss them or be left to find it on their own

That is why I find the whole attitude of handwaiving any claims of damage to be so offputting.

You can’t tell me you havent benefitted from discussions on this thread, I know you’ve been part of them.

7. NEOLAB

NEOLAB Obsessed with Robots

ohno.jpeg

I like this combo.
    IMG_1136 Large.jpeg
    Quick digibash of red and blue armor as well. TMs are starting to really blend in with the mainline, aren't they?
    RedBlue.jpg Red.jpg Blue.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  8. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

After today's CHUG decimation, a few options freed up.
    This is not ideal, but access is far easier now.
    20240614_195659.jpg

Edit:

Today we lost a team member.
    A pillar of this hobby.
    A hero.
    A stoic.
    Long live
    the stool. Rest in peril.
    20240614_195948.jpg

OH GOD

This is not a coincidence.
    This is not Luck.
    This is DESTINY
    20240614_200637.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lack of Horus stock is "concerning".

The random floppyness of the Raven was weird his tail planes on mine were so loose it was crazy.. so much i'd say it is a manufacturing error they are that loose, his tail is pretty loose where it attaches to the body too.

Two coats of nail polish in the hole later though "problem solved". Most of the skeletons I even up having to floor polish something like a hand, wrist, or knee and always the ankle spurs. Shame they don't check the tolerances better and maybe the steam and a squeeze method might work to on the kness in particular. but it may be a plastic that is to hard to respond to the heat in the desired way.

As for the Valhound on the Raven.. that went straight into the Motorpool and was replace by a black one from the Vehicle set so any issues there don't bother me so much (after all the the other two have more or less matching Valhounds with their release).

• Like Like x 4
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Fourth EX core: great stuff

20240614_203420.jpg

Edit: fifth core: useless, unnecessary, and that new head looks way too big for some reason.
    It'a worth getting this set for the new Argo core, but that's really 70% of the appeal.
    20240614_212312.jpg 20240614_212359.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  11. OptionZero

News Credits:
  12. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

I'm able to get it to JUST squeak by on all copies. No damage or scuffing. What bugs me is that there's no "catch" which confirms that it's locked into place when extending the cab segment. The pseudo lock position I achieved is like a delicate balancing act based on friction and I'm sure not intended.

Inevitable online temper flares. Someone has a bad day and goes ham.

Meh. One person amplified an issue (issues) into a bigger concern and implied widespread impact and quality failure. That's a cheap shot that even Hasbro isn't universally guilty of, let alone TakaraTomy.

Another person countered with additional evidence and a more grounded approach. Then egos happened. Forget the egos. If someone dog-squeezes on your pics and creations, then get mad. (And you likely will have allies just as mad.)

But otherwise, share the info as verifiable and let individuals synthesize their own conclusions based on publicly available data. It's okay if those conclusions don't match yours. Your conclusions influence your own decisions, etc.

And definitely don't stop sharing the info you dig up. It's helpful and educational.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Please stop posting cool photos of the alternate Tactical Mover cores. I am already spending more than enough on this hobby, please stop making me want things that I thought I could safely avoid.

• Like Like x 8
  14. OptionZero

News Credits:
    i’d get at least one of each EX set, as they offer the opportunity to make a “squad leader” or custom unit to lead your pack. Plus they come with Dianauts

• Like Like x 3
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah unfortunately it is actually the most expensive place in the world to buy from now for someone in the UK (that is why I loudly complaned about Operation Monster Force until recently being a BBTS exclusive line) I need Chinese stock of Horus (or maybe Japan).

I need to check HLJ perhaps. It is a gap in the collection I'd really feels, inexplicably UK retailers that sell Diaclone never got it that I have been able to find so far.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Today I found time to open and play a bit with Cloud Across.
    First impression after taking it out of the box was, hey, it's not THAT heavy...before I remembered it's only half of the full toy. Speaking of the box, I wonder if Takara could've made it smaller by packing thing differently.
    Everything of the figure feels solid. It doesn't have the premium finish that you may find in other lines, but this is something meant to be played with and can't be too delicate to handle.
    Of the two flying modes, I think the sky carrier mode looks better than the sky fortress due to the narrower profile. The combination with Ground Dion suffers from the top part looking large compared to the bottom, but it's the mode I'm currently using since it saves a ton of footprint for display.
    I haven't tried combined robot mode yet but I checked the arms. I was glad to see that yhe elbows bend slightly past 90 degrees, it doesn't really affect how you can pose the figure in any meaningful way but every bit of added articulations is always welcome for me. The ratchets including the ones in the wrists feels solid and I'm hopeful there won't be problems with holding a giant sword. I liked the hands, it's a shame only the outer fingers can splay, but they look more natural than other articulated hands where the outward joint is at the base of the fingers instead of inside the palm.
    I'll probably try the robot mode on the weekend, so far the impression is positive, let's hope it will stay the same.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've often found with this line that "I think I can skip it" bites me in the rear eventually...

This is a great point. Not only does it allow for leaders/diversity if you have squads. But I'd even go further to say, that just adding the extra texture/colors can really change up some of the releases (Looking at you Argo).

Glad you've finally been able to experience the set. The issue with the LandBattle Cruiser/G-X base thing... is the arms for me... it makes me wish they could 'go somewhere else'... Imo Metroplex and Fort Max (Titan) had the same issues for me... but I do love the idea of hangers in the shoulders being usable while in ground mode... so... it's a bit of a wash.

Honestly all the hangers and cubbies we got between 95 and 100 has been quite staggering.

• Like Like x 5
  18. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I understand re-using parts runners is cost efficient but I wouldn’t have minded some unique weaponry in those sets

a different rifle, maybe a bazooka, an axe or a hammer, some different stuff. Small parts like that might need new molding but with almost no moving parts it seems like an easy job

• Like Like x 5
  19. OptionZero

News Credits:

Functional module modes really add to the play value

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah... Or... doing the Riffle/Sword/Shield runner from Gamma again... I wouldn't have hated that either. Those loadouts while universal...are a bit rarer now imo.

• Like Like x 4