Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

I was blown away by my first few Mandarake orders via DHL. It's kinda nuts - several other delivery/shipping options have similar rates from that part of the globe, yet DHL manages to streamline the whole affair and show up in 3-5 days door-to-door? 30+ years ago, FedEx used to be the king of absurdly fast delivery speeds. Now I cringe if my parcel is delivered via FedEx Ground due to their notoriously "meh" performance. (They're infamous for repeated "attempted delivery/no one home" excuses when the recipient is literally watching their door.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Can you take a jumbo plastic trashbag or two to protect it? I've done similar with my semi-local shops if going on rainy days.

• Like Like x 4
  3. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The weird thing is I find domestic DHL to be extremely slow and poor at keeping track of my package’s location. Every time I see that DHL is handling a delivery in the States I dread it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Gale, the closest thing we are getting to something akin to a truck :D 
    and a close friend gifted me the Raven, so will fix him right up and will play air-support to Gale

• Like Like x 6
  5. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Must be your particular distribution center or driver... I'm in US and it is amazing in NC. It all depends on timing, of course, too. It has to arrive in Chicago early enough to catch transfer to state distribution center and arrive before trucks head out at midday. And, as I'm rural, my drivers routes can have them going all over the place, so there can be a 1 day delay, if they don't get this far before they stop delivering for the night. But, I have received items from Japan in less than 24 hours to 72 hours, depending again on timing. (My state's distribution center is about 3 hours away from me.)

• Like Like x 2
  6. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

The benefit of smaller EMEA countries.
    Japan > Hong Kong > Bahrain > Germany > UK in 72 hours.

• Like Like x 2
  7. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd like Tread as much as I do until I actually got one. Then I bought a second in the tan color. It's hard to say which is my favorite. I like them all for different reasons. But, the fact that I got 2 Treads and 2 Hawks and only 1 of the others probably suggests something.:) 

• Like Like x 5
  8. DaveWire

News Credits:
    For instance Pulse shipped out Gears to me last week. According to DHL tracking it sat in Illinois for several days without moving. Then it finally jumped to another part of Illinois. I didn’t even know it was out for delivery until it arrived yesterday.

Just checked again and it says my package did arrive in NYC as of 10 minutes ago. However it now says my shipment is on hold. So now it’s just a waiting game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I just have this feeling" to quote Hotrod... that they are going to sell base skeletons individually or in a 3 pack and maybe in some sort of bonkers colour.. they might even go proper weird and sell the Bullet cores for them seperately (as they have been doing).

Not sure if they'd do that in the colours that already exist or if they go loud and make them in more loopy colours like apple Green or Bright yellow.
    They have covered a lot of the usual colours already.. but there is still some traditional colours they have not got to yet such as the shades of Orange.

If they decide to make another "vehicle without the frame" I could see them doing a Yellow Submarine as a gag release.
    The ravager might work well in Hero colours too.. that one I can see them selling as some sort of "truck" to hault containers on its own.

But then some suggest the Orbithopter repaint annoyed people so much that they won't do it again.

But if they sold the frames at the same time as the vehicles.. maybe that might work.

That is the problem with this line though you get things in a funny order and don't realise you need them until afterwards so you have to buy stuff "just in case", so props to all those crazy kids who bought a bunch of V-Max trailers they got plenty of use out of those in the medium term.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I expect we'll be seeing some special repacks to make those scavenger characters soon, other than that, who knows.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RoadCaesar

I don't recall the last time I used DHL domestic, but I do find that ANYTHING shipped from Pulse has some level of shenanigans happening. Regardless of carrier.

12. DaveWire

News Credits:
    This is actually the first time I’ve gotten something shipped from Pulse through DHL. Usually they ship with FedEx. I only used it as an example of my latest experience with domestic DHL. My experiences with DHL are roughly the same no matter where I’m buying from in the US. So when I did my first Mandarake purchase and saw it was going to be shipped through DHL I was a bit mortified and then pleasantly surprised when it arrived so quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I have bags that big at home...I'll have to check. If it was shipped one per case I could also ask the shop to give me the outer box as extra protection if it doesn't rain too much.
    I'm also probably being too cautious since I'm not going to keep the whole box, I'll have to get rid of at least the plastic tray since it takes way too much space, but it would be nice if I manage to keep the cardboard in good conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Agree on HP being wierd. It varies by which warehouse they ship out of... DHL only does US domestic in limited markets now. They closed all the walkin and smaller distribution locations in NC except big distribution center. Anything started domestic via DHL elsewhere is fulfilled by other services here. There used to be a good one less than an hour from here about 10 years ago, but when they made the change, they closed them.

I had to store each one in an industrial trash bag, the kind they use on construction projects. (I've managed to hide the box from myself or I'd tell you the size...) Most of the interior of CA is firm foam and cardboard. Only the accessories are in a plastic tray.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RoadCaesar

@Matrix Quest beat me to it, but - yeah - 3/4 of the packing volume is a foam tray surrounding the main fuselage and larger components. The plastic tray is rather small.

39 gallon trash bags would be viable.

If it's in. The original shipping box, I think it also has the plastic bag enveloping the box itself like most other releases. I can't recall.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Mine were in plastic, inside the shipping boxes, but there was a bit on one end not quite fully covered on both.

----------------------------------------------

My Ravager and <D>Vehicles Set 1s hit my stash at TCP in the last hour or so! I Just hit ship on them. Fingers crossed they get here by Saturday to enjoy this weekend...

• Like Like x 3
  17. Stitchwolf

Stitchwolf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I am normally a huge fan of ShowZ, but their April Fools joke this year kinda sucks.

They "shipped" my Cloud Across on April 1, but it didn't actually get picked up by the postal service till the 20th.
    It then went on a boat and didn't arrive in port until May 12.
    It stayed in customs till the 18th, and is now "somewhere" in Canada.

I'm in the US.

Today is day 60.

Shipping time "15-25 days" my ass.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Just a lil question; if we kitbash something for our diaclone bits, do we post here or in the 1/60th compatible thread? I wanted to check before I finally start crafting my idea for a Waruder transporter thing..

• Like Like x 3
  19. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If made using all TakaraTomy Diaclone parts, here is fine. If using other toyline 1:60 compatible parts, the 1:60 thread. (If a custom base, use the base/diorama thread, etc.)
    There are several threads for Diaclone discussion of tangential topics... These are the main threads:

• Like Like x 6
  20. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For something that big going by boat from china to North America, sounds about right so far.

Right or not... still sux

• Like Like x 2