Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Takara just started a new arms race.

• Like Like x 8
  2. NightCabbage

NightCabbage Well-Known Member

The sword is very long!
    I really hope the sword to ship transformation is good, and somehow shrinks the ship to more reasonable size lol (ie. brings the cockpit closer to the back wings)

-EDIT-
    In looking at it again, whilst the silver blades look like they can move, the blue part down the middle (with the cockpit at the tip) does not look like it could move or transform.
    I guess it's going to be a reaaaaally long ship! Lol

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Given their obsession with spreading all the bits out in the packaging I dread the size/shipping cost for that thing. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    vehicle-set-5-h.jpg

Why am I left wondering if we will have to wait for un unboxing to find out for certain how many drive cabins Vehicle set 5 "actually" come with or if it will come with the sprues of internal adaptor parts or not.

I am a bit disappointed the container isn't black however and it is just another greyish one.

I ordered 2 anyway. (mostly for the cabs) and with the idea that the spider-mech will have "some" future use, and if nothing else a yellow stripe trailer/container is a nice thing to have (same kinda as Vehicle set 4 has). The Yellow Dianauts are cute too. I guess the cab adaptors in this and the other adaptors in the prior sets will have to reveal how useful they are in time.

Speaking of vehicle set 4 I really like how the black jet matches some previous releases so nicely and I would presuppose a future trailer/container will be using the green accent seen on one of the vehicles just as the yellow matches and the blue matches some of the vehicles in the sets too such as the helicopter in set 4 and the container's blue stripe in set 3.

I can see me buying a lot of vehicle set 4 it has so much play value to it.

Vehicle set 4 f.jpg

Buying two at least will allow for a different colour jet/Helicopted via parts swapping which is a nice extra feature too.

But to be honest these little cuties are worth the cost of admission on their own :
    Vehicle set 4 j.jpg

It is a shame that only vehicle set 3 comes with the adaptor to enable interaction with a Tactical Carrier.
    Hopefully if they make a 3rd colour of that they can include the adaptors with that as a bonus pieces too.
    Otherwise we are going to need an improbably number of buggies to get that function from the smaller containers.

Vehicle set 3 b.jpg Vehicle set 3 c.jpg

They don't even seem to show the Vehicle set 3 contents as having the vertical sliding joint either.
    perhaps they can just make one frame with all the adaptors on and just keep throwing that into the sets.
    that would be by far the least bother going forwards.

• Like Like x 8
  5. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

For those who still don't know Japanese, here is a translation of the bottom panel, left to right:

IMG_2141.jpeg

Diaclone features
    1. 1-60 price range

Diaclone offers prices for all pockets, from 60% instant discount (left) to 60% instant markup (top).

2.Best friends forever
    Dianauts' revolutionary design allows them to join you for missions, any time, any place. They will never leave you alone, especially Karen (top right)

3. Instant vintage
    Relive the glorious days of hunting down vintage Diaclone with fan favourites like DA-65.

4. Unicron lives!
    Did you know? Diaclone reboot is a secret love letter to Unicron Trilogy fans. For example, Great Robot Base's commander is called Alexis.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Max Tower

News Credits:
    False scarcity is a boon so says Takara.
    It never crosses their mind they can please everone and not devalue DA 65 by making one in white or Cosmo Marine colours or even neutral grey. (especially as Green Optimus Prime is actually a thing).

Wasn't Alexis the President.. so commanding a mech would be a demotion wouldn't it ?
    Also doesn't that kinda imply that Diaclone takes place after Galaxy Force in the same universe ?

So I guess the Autobots left the Humans to fend for themselves then.

• Like Like x 6
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I am wondering how a bigger Pod Grander would look like for Tactical Mover. Four times bigger?

Hahaha, excellent point. It's decided, in my Dia-lore, Warauders were born from a botched attempt to clone Kicker.

Edit:

From facebook.
    Oooh, now that's intereresting. Diaclone '97?
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 09.11.37.png

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

LEAVE ME ALONE KAREN!

It's going to be very interesting to see how that sword breaks down and how it integrates with DA-100. I mean, it must do right? It's an accessory specifically for Robot Base, so it would be weird if it didn't.

I'll have to scope out the Microman stuff too.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Hope whoever ends up in here doesn't have motion sickness.

1000102534.png

Also, What's going on here, does this thing get even longer lol
    Or perhaps that's a switch for separation.

1000102537.png

• Like Like x 19
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

As somebody suggested somewhere on fb, that lever might push out wing(lets) from the side slots beneath it.
    Excellent homage to Armada Role Play Star Saber... and this is going to be bigger!

• Like Like x 7
  11. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Inertial dampeners and gravitational fields must work in these giant robots or everyone aboard would die.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    How long does it take for a ShowZ package to arrive? My DA-100 shipped out on 4/8 and it still hasn't arrived yet. This is the first time I've used them, so I'm not familiar with how long you usually have to wait.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

Best I can do is RB G-X versus Takara Legends Grand Max + his authentic sword. Also, I never played Xenoblade games, just -gears and -saga games.

She was the girl in the human kid trio in Armada. Beyond that, I dunno because they were cobbled together to be continuous when ported to the US.

ShowZStore takes...a while. It's not so much a big, it's just how their shipping ends up working. ShowZ orders usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to arrive to the US for me. So don't panic, but do check in on the tracking ever few days or so. Definitely don't sit by the door waiting. But I've had 100% success, 0 problems, over the last 6 years.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Gabtool

Gabtool FIYAH!!!

Ebay:
    Anyone else remember the speculation about a third part of GRB, this is probably it. I mean it’s a big sword. I really wanna see more of this thing now, like what does it do? Is it gonna break apart? What is that suspicious switch looking thing about 2/3s down on the blade. Does GRB have a Sentai sword finisher? Oh the possibilities

• Like Like x 4
  15. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Maybe there is a a GX canon or GX shield that combines with the GX sword to make a more complete jet mode.

Any kinda dates associated to the Microman or GX Sword anywhere... if it is out this year I would guess it would be something like December or early 2025.

Maybe alongside the latest pre-order in November being possible at the earliest.

As for Microman... i'm not sure Kojima's house style is entirely compatible with Microman's brand appearance.. but so long as it is at least 40% Microman looking it might be OK.
    Kinda like sometimes IDW Transformers lost the Transformers character by trying to be to Gundam looking and ended up looking nothing like them and other times they retained the character.. so hopefully he doesn't loose the character resemblances down the plug hole like IDW did with the Transformers redesigns sometimes.

I think she used to make jokes about "if she was president" so they made her president when she's shown in later shows grown up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

I don't have RB-GX, but
    I will buy the heck out of this
    hopefully it'll be cheaper than DA-65 RRP :p 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If if he/she doesn’t have motion sickness they are gonna have a lot of close up views of Waruder innards…

• Like Like x 7
  18. The Obliterator

The Obliterator Madman with a Laser Gun

This is a joke, right? Because when I run that image through Google Translate, I get for the headings, respectively, “1/60 scale”, “figure”, and something along the lines of “transformation”.

• Like Like x 4
  19. doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a joke.

• Like Like x 4
  20. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

yes it's a joke, and unfortunately recurring, for whatever reason :) 

• Like Like x 6