Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No way man. ¥15,000 is literally double what it should be. DA-95 was ¥7,400 to ship. Hopefully it's similar to that this year. ¥15,000 should be the price to ship Haslab Unicron haha

Hopefully my location will actually be the saving grace I need for this to be as cheap as possible.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

• Like Like x 6
  3. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Now, now, Spikey, you know that there is NOTHING pointless about anything Diaclone or Waruders, nothing, :p .

• Like Like x 5
  4. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

after paying $300ish (I think) for shipping for DA 95, 99 and 100, robotkingdom is now saying I need to pay $75 extra after I've paid everything else!

• Like Like x 3
  5. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    34945432-87D5-40FA-AD86-8C9940445015.jpeg

837E85A4-AD43-4D56-A641-55F9BCA5043D.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  6. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

^ ooooooh. Goodness.

That Trypticon alt mode is eye catching.
    Extremely.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Triblitzen

Triblitzen Well-Known Member

I took stock and figured out that I could get by with one kidney and only a small part of my liver.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to necro an old post… but it’s wild we’ve been talking about GX for almost a year now….

• Like Like x 10
  9. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Also, for the newer folks, here’s the EXHobby sheets in full glory that some of us (me) keep talking about.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Triblitzen

Triblitzen Well-Known Member

I dunno. I like the red one best, and it's my least favorite of the Trivers, but cosmo might get some sweet MOSPEADA vibes, especially next to the red one.

Sudden sense-memory recall: California in the early fall of 1986, just before sunset, smell of warm, dry leaves. We're on bicycles, pretending that the bikes are Veritech Cyclones, jumping off of them at speed to "transform."

Edit: Yeah if they did CM I'd probably need the red one and two green ones to go with the blue one I have. Toss in 'Jetter, forget about scale, squint really hard and you've got a whole MOSPEADA playset right there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  11. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

The problem with with shipping anything other than slow boat is that they place a GIANT premium on volume (cubic space) and weight.
    If you ever want to be frustrated, ship a lightweight package that occupies a lot of space.

That mode was a new addition for the last release (2018?). Definitely one of the most spectacular designs in recent TF history.

When I quoted this, your image was missing...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I don’t think tfw likes a bunch of nested stuff (can’t blame them) but I also didn’t want to just repast all of @TogeAtama photos lol

• Like Like x 4
  13. Viper2

Viper2 Storming the Moon Gate

...especially if one side of the package is 60 cm or more. Some time ago, I ordered a large model kit, but missed the box was 15x50x60 cm without the outer box, and quite a bit larger than that with the outer box, so the DHL shipping quote was 25,000 yen (ended up using EMS, and almost losing the package due to local carrier idiocy).

Pre-Covid, this was easier.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I can’t remember which carrier (dare I saw AMJ actually handed the EMS (non-priority) off to Amazon US courier… but they straight up left it on a planter box in the rain (door/covered porch was literally two more steps). The outer box was mulch… luckily the inner package had plastic wrap. (Think it was one of my tactical Movers).

• Like Like x 3
  15. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

* This is somewhat off-topic so will keep it short.

Over the past couple weeks I sent an e-mail to some of the good folks here, with a link to a survey on some ideas on other things I might be able to do to help the community and individuals.

A good bunch already provided feedback- again thank you for that!

It also seems like a lot of people had it in their Spam folder, so if anyone missed it, or if I don’t have your address and you are interested please send me a PM and I will share the link / make sure it is still open for your input.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 9
  16. DaveWire

News Credits:
    496A2A0E-27F2-4ECB-8111-65374325F85B.jpeg

Well it is supposed to be based on his battle station mode from the G1 toy.

Trypticon is currently one of the only two Titans I own, the other being the Ark, and given that battle station mode I thought it would be awesome to pit against Ground Dion.

I’m having way too much fun with these Diaclone toys and my wife may have hit the nail on the head exactly why. Not only are they Transformers but the playset aspect of them really reminds me of Mighty Max which was one of my favorite toys from when I was a kid.

• Like Like x 8
  17. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

Sounds like your wife is also awesome for picking up on that!

• Like Like x 7
  18. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Mighty Maxx… now there’s something I haven’t thought about in a long time. In theory my old sets should be around *somewhere* but I haven’t he faintest clue.

I do wish Tyripticon had a few more bells and whistles (or that weird ratchet/hip issue) arguably one of the finnesr city-formers. (Most thanks to them actually using the central hollow space as a (really awkward) play area. Something the rest missed. Omega is notable too… but scaled weirdly (details) and really could have used a wash/paint/stickers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    So what's the total looking like for DA-100 including shipping to the States from AJP? 450USD?

• Like Like x 2
  20. DaveWire

News Credits:
    I saw some Mighty Max sets for sale at Comic Con last year and oh boy was I blown away by the asking prices. I’m not entirely surprised given that they’re full of small, easily lost pieces and minifigures. It really makes me wish I hadn’t lost mine. I haven’t a clue what happened to them. Probably just one of those things that my parents sold or gave away while cleaning house as I transitioned to adolescence. I’m positive all of my sets were complete too.

I can’t complain about Trypticon. My brother did just give him to me for free. The Ark I only picked up when it was on deep discount and I wanted it more for Teletraan 1/Mainframe for than anything else. I usually stay away from Titans as I tend to find them a bit disappointing for the asking price. I do find myself kind of wishing I had Omega though. And Tidal Wave was an instant preorder for me since my brother and I had (and I’m pretty sure he still has) the original toy.

I’ve been busy headcanoning the Diaclone stuff into my collection. Since the Car Robots make up a bulk of the original G1 line and the Diaclone reboot focusing mainly on stuff that came before it, I envision them as Cybertronians from a period long before the Great War. These Cybertronians became involved in a conflict with the biomechanical insectoid Waruders. The Waruders had an insatiable appetite for energy and metal. They literally cannibalized the Transformers and in turn evolved transformative abilities of their own.
    The Transformers were losing badly until they joined forces with a diminutive race similar to Earthlings and Nebulans, the Dianauts, who were similarly fighting a losing battle against the Waruders. They discovered that if they combined their technology together they could greatly increase their power and turn the tide. Thus began a fusion of Cybertronian and Dianaut technology. The alliance rallied behind Dimicron Prime, the only Titan to ever hold the title of Prime and in the end they eviscerated the Waruder Empire.
    Most of this ancient war including contact with the Dianaut race was lost to legend. Two things remain: 1) the general humanoid body shape that most Transformers possess to this day is based on the Dianauts forms which they adopted to better synergize with their allies. 2) Insecticons are the result of a experimental merger of Waruder and Transformer and was the last remnants of their once mighty empire.

• Like Like x 6