Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I was losing interest in Cloud Across, until I heard the Headmasters' OST
    Best video review evah

• Like Like x 3
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Diaclone is semi-managable to collect so long as you don't go to nuts on the army building finding it is more of an issue for me than the price.
    Though do think maybe The Blue Buffalo was a hair over priced for a straight up repaint. But I guess that is pretty relative as some of those 2 pack of small suits had completely delusional price points.

• Like Like x 9
  3. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

Forgive me, but what does Headmasters's OST mean?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Considering how long it has been since the last Buffalo release, I'm sure new molds were probably needed.

Edit: Also, the cost of design is spread out over multiple releases, not just in the first one.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They mean that the "Original Sound Track" (Music) of the Headmasters cartoon was used in that video review and they liked that and it renewed their interest in Cloud Across.

Yeah I guess if it was an entirely new design as well it may have been well over 200

• Like Like x 7
  6. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I am still hopeful for a Dark Cathode version of DA-82...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wasn't DA-82 a variant 3rd colorway? All the parts had been released prior in the main 2 colorways.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

It is indeed different, still Anode type.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ares58

Ares58 Well-Known Member

HLJ has said that Cloud Across has come in and out of stock but it’s still in my open orders and I haven’t gotten an email yet. Is this normal?

• Like Like x 2
  10. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unless you have a "private watehouse" account AND a meathod of payment hooked up (I use paypal) for auto payment, this is completly normal. It will take a day or two for them to manually invoice you. But, if you placed an order, you have a copy in their warehouse. No need to worry. If you have a payment hooked up, it just automagicly pays for the item the moment it comes into stock and goes to private warehouse and waits for you to select the shipping meathod. No lines. No waiting.

• Like Like x 7
  11. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

And it took KOs to adapt an inauthentics Blue cockpit pod compared to the authentic red. Both have unique gold worm pod tail caps

• Like Like x 2
  12. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of private wearhouse on HLJ… and speaking of ‘not buying everything at once… this reminds me of the time I accidentally bought an extra MP Megatron and Takara Devastator… because it’s been a few months since they’d released… swore I’d ordered them…. Forgot ordered them through HLJ…. I should have just paid the 10/20% restocking fee lol…. That was a very expensive lesson. (Also part of the reason I try to go through only 1-2 etailers any more…. Wasn’t HLJ’s mistake though…)

• Like Like x 5
  13. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    I really don’t know why we didn’t get our (usual) TTM release of DA-82…. That’s one ‘issue’ this line does have… every time you think they’ve established a pattern… they swerve with new colors… or ‘missing’ releases lol.
    ————
    I suppose it’s possible they kept a few of these release on their ‘back pocket’ to sprinkle out the end of 2024 and beginning of 2025… to give our wallets a break… and something more reasonably scaled to the <D>Vehicles. I’d love to see waruder ‘insect walkers’ revisited… even if they’d be kind of pointless I suppose. Maybe an alternative (smaller?) worm pod, or one with legs that pop out the sides? Crawler pods?

• Like Like x 4
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Cosmo Trirambler would have shelfwarmed into the next dimension

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    LOL your not kidding… (and… I probably still would have bought one..) actually… it’d probably be the best match for that funky vehicle…(I assume the red one was an homage to Akira etc…

• Like Like x 3
  16. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A green Cosmo Tri-Dasher was definitely something that would have sold though. They unfortunately probably would have done that sand-tan color instead, though...

• Like Like x 6
  17. jaxson

jaxson Member

I collect traditional Transformars and Diaclone Reboot. The materials, attention to detail and the engineering of DR are in a different class from mainstream TFs (which I still enjoy a lot). I'd say masterpiece TFs are close as well as some 3p figures. If you pick up a new Titan class and hold it with a bigger DR figure, it's very easy to tell just by weight imo.

• Like Like x 5
  18. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

I have all of the above you mentioned, and DA 95 + 100 gives you a very different experience. Titan Metroplex and Fort Max gave you the size and the simple transformation, but their gimmicks are mainly opening chest boxes, hollow leg shells, or moving platforms where you can place small transformers on it. Articulation is quite limited as well. All these are result of a big toy in a budgeted toyline, with many corners cut. When it comes to Unicron, it focused on even larger size and a very complex transformation. There were barely any gimmicks except the planet mouth and Unicron's moving eyes and jaw. But it was meant to be a big imposing display in either form, with not a whole lot of play value.

When it comes to Diaclone, specifically DA 95 + 100, it tries to bring all of the above mentioned features in one (or should I say two :D ). Complex transformation took a back seat, because Diaclone is more focused on playability. And when it comes to gimmicks, just look at some of the reviews or stop motion animation videos. Gone are the detail-less empty boxes or hollow compartments. We have functional doors, elevators, mechanical landing pads, mini hangars, multiple vehicles being housed in it that also combine or transform, full cockpits with mini crew figures, actual pathways and stairways designed so those little dudes can literally walk from one area to another, in which the whole thing can also combine into a giant robot that looks cool and full of details, and with multiple modes or forms when separated....the list goes on and on. It is really a much richer experience with everything all at once, not just focus on one or two things, in a toy that is also meant to be played with, and has the quality to back it up. The ratchets on DA-95 feels way nicer than any of the titans'. Not even close. Every inch on the figure is dense and filled with function. You can see and feel where all those extra money went. And the full package of everything it offers make it well worth the high sticker price, and worthy of the icon of the Diaclone line.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  19. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    73024362261__4968DC0E-E805-4D15-B3B7-B1111F1094DB.jpeg IMG_3979.jpeg

Damn, it dwarfs my cat.

Everything appears to be intact and in good working order. Looking forward to getting Cloud Across one day and completing the set. Until then this guy had a date with Trypticon.

• Like Like x 16
  20. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose so? I was just rotating the arm to align it and it came right off. It wasn't jammed or anything, so i'm hoping it's a one-off.

Also just as a warning to folks, if you buy from AmiAmi, make sure you keep your box label, the physical paper invoice that came with your package, and open your products within a week of getting them. They've agreed to help see if I can get a replacement part, but there were a number of hoops I had to jump through to prove to them that this was a product I had bought through them.

• Like Like x 6