Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Soon I'll need a bigger microwave
    20240124_091806.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet Gi Joe Classified would be a good Coffee table book too as well as Diaclone is maybe Streetfighter II figures (metaphorically speaking).
    Though I guess the fun thing about Them is its quite likely many people wouldn't ever have seen them before due to the lack of media and them not really being a thing in the west "officially".

Where as other brands would work on the Nostalia Bait angle instead of "what is that" angle. Unless they mistake it for Transformers or Starcom that is.

--------

I got to thinking about how DA-01 parts work with the Buffalo in a few ways and it's repaints and now there is the Blue Buffalo they might want to do a Blue Calibur Diabattles mech too. Perhaps the Red lighting version of the mould so it gets the fancy new hands or even some parts mixing of space parts with the remoulded parts would be nice. It would bump up the play value a bit.. some older mini mech in the same shade of blue might be a nice complement too.... (Though there is options elsewhere of course).

• Like Like x 6
  3. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

I can literally speak to this (anecdotally)! A buddy of mine with equally deep roots in the 80s and a shared love for Transformers and Starcom was exposed to Diaclone solely through my pics and only starting in 2023.

He finally visited last month and it blew him away. All the same characteristics that we already know:
    • Scale is completely lost in pics due to fine detailing (he was surprised they were so small in person)
    • The magnets and transformation elements 100% reminded him of his much loved Starcom product line
    • The modular nature of the products was overwhelming (in a good way.) Def TF meets LEGO meets Starcom for him.
    As for DA-102 counterparts - another Dia-Battles would make 5x colors. That would definitely be a first. And a D-Calibur color way wouldn't be unwanted, but wonder if it's something the market as a whole would respond to. There's a LOT of Dia-Battles out there among the 4 colors already. If you go back in this thread to the beginning, quite a few collectors picked up MULTIPLES of DA-01 and DA-01EX when that's all there was.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OrionCelsius

OrionCelsius Member

My card was charged by AMJ for DA-102.
    I've been super excited to get a battle buffalo! I see the older ones all the time on Mandarake, but can make myself pay that late tax!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Harryg11

Harryg11 Well-Known Member

Finally managed to pick up a dark cathode bug head for a semi-decent price! are the pilots completely translucent on it or just the green bits?

• Like Like x 4
  6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Make the Diaclone one a limited edition print, and exclusive with deluxe packaging and cover. Collectors will buy it for the 'collector street cred'.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

Alright, I’m going to preface this by saying I’m in a bit of a collecting rut. I’ve been slowly falling off the Hasbro-released Transformers train, having dipped my toes into other hobbies, including Lego and comics, and even picked up a few 3rd party figures. There’s been some things that have really hit and some that have been misses.

I remember owning some Diaclone knockoffs (Edit: it’s this one!) when I was a kid (probably around the mid-90s), as well as SSSS sets (Drago!) and that level of parts-forming has always appealed to me. I love mixing and matching parts, so combining things together just hits.

BigBadToyStore had some Diaclone preorders front paged over the past some months and I’ve been looking at them, but not understanding if what you see in the picture is what you get. And when I search for more info, I feel like I’m holding several ends of spaghetti noodles and trying to unravel what goes where and what comes with what. My worry is based on my having purchased Kotobukiya model kits in the past (here’s looking at you, Hexa Gear) where the line I collected was very much mix and match, so when you looked at a set, often times it showed what else it could be used for, but you had to really dig into what you were getting.

What would be the best guide to understand what is what, and if I wanted to start collecting Diaclone Reboot, what should avoid and what should I lean into?

Many thanks!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  8. CharlemagneSupernova

CharlemagneSupernova Brick Sith

Is there any difference between the Gridman Full Color figure and the one that comes with Battles Gridman?

• Like Like x 2
  9. CharlemagneSupernova

CharlemagneSupernova Brick Sith

Your best bet is the Diaclone Reboot page on TransFormersLand. It lists pieces individually.
    Transformerland Diaclone Diaclone (2016)® Collector's Guide

• Like Like x 2
  10. MonaLazaBeak

• Like Like x 4
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Da-01 mould (or similar) would be nice in Calibur blue as then the wings can be lent to the Buffalo and match nicely then. I guess the parts that are usually blue could be red or silver depending on what look they wanted... reverse colours wouldn't be bad. but the red/silver look is nice whn you see that so blue silver only wouldn't be bad either. Though the accessory sub-vehicles being a unique colour is plenty appealing too.

The single pack one is shiny painted. There is reviews on youtube that should show you what you need to see.

• Like Like x 4
  12. RoadCaesar

I was you, literally this time 1 year ago. Then I found this forum.
    • ダイアクロン オフィシャルサイト|タカラトミー This website from TakaraTomy shows each and every release and what it includes. (You can use Google Translate for best effect.)
    • Diaclone sets - with a couple of recent exceptions - are self-contained but also integrate with most all others. It's TF meets LEGO.
    • There is the "hero" product line and the "Waruder" alien invader product line. You do you, but the hero products work best together and vice versa for the Waruder. That's not set in stone.
    • Avoid eBay and older products (2015-2022) at first. Take a few days to dig into what the product line is. Consider products that are currently in stock at your favorite etailer.
    • This forum (especially on page 1 and forward) is by far the most helpful resource on the English-language sites that I've found over the last year. MANY of us were referred to page 1 thru present for a full understanding. It was the best hobby advice I've ever received. And frankly, it's a very interesting and quick read. Don't be intimidated. Enjoy the pics and excitement. You'll end up with TONS of resources and knowledge overnight.
    • Diaclone is TakaraTomy-made, and uses HIGH quality plastic ABS materials. They're (mostly) already assembled with maybe some trivial accessories on sprues like a small model kit. They are smaller than they look in pics, but have IMMENSE fine details.
    • There really isn't any way to go wrong or acquire any duds in this product line. Unlike TF CHUG, there is no real buyers remorse or disappointment.
    Everyone will recommend you their favorite and preferred release for a "first pick up." None of those recommendations are wrong. Just zero in on one that appeals to you the most.

We're currently on the eve of the release of the top half of this product line's "Titan". It's an iconic super robot Mecha from 1980 updated for 2023-24 that comes in 2 very large, separate pieces: DA-95 Ground Dion. (available now) and DA-100 Cloud Across (coming in March '24). They combine to form Robot Base Grand Cross (G-X) which is a 62cm tall Mecha with tons of bells and whistles.
    1000003736.png 1000003561.png 1000003665.png

I can't recommend that as the first buy because it is a significant investment. However, it is 100% a goal due to what it is. You won't miss out for NOT having it, but it's gonna be fun.

I recommend:
    • any Tactical Mover Versaulter. These are Mecha that all have a shared frame and cockpit location that each transform into specialized machines. I personally love the Garuda Gyrolifter: 1000004125.jpg
    • I also recommend the DA-102 Strike Buffalo D-Calibur coming later this month in Asia and +2 months later abroad. (See the TakaraTomy page link above for more info)
    Finally, post your questions here and the same people that helped me become a superfan will help you do the same if that appeals to you

• Like Like x 7
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

- Diaclone info DA-01 Dia-Battles V2 – Diaclone Info Hub

- Avoid: avoid expansion kits without having the base figure first.
    (Which might sound silly, but somebody might think that for DA-88's price there is a couple of V-Max sets included...)

- Lean into: it depends. You have multiple play patterns:
    • - small power suits (and Diabattles, and Big Powered)
    • - Maneuver suits (and sky jackets, and Battle Buffalo)
    • - Tactical Mover
    • - Warauder
    • - Triverse and Verseriser
    • - D-vehicles (latest subline)

My personal advice, as always, is: get a DA-80, the best "all-in-one" Diaclone package. If you don't like it, you should be able to sell it and recover most of the money.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ares58

Ares58 Well-Known Member

As we’re approaching T - 1 month before Cloud Across, I just wanted to say that in my three years of collecting Diaclone, this past year has been some of the most fun I’ve had in the community. Im aware that I’m probably one of the younger collectors here, but the help I’ve gotten plus the collective hype for GX has been a bright spot in not the brightest year for me. Thanks, and here’s to completing GX!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Omega23

Omega23 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    What a legend and genuine MVP candidate for this thread :) 

• Like Like x 7
  16. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

New Arrivals Day, for me at least!
    I love letting my stash build up, it increases the excitement once it gets here.
    Besides Garuda (which I’m pumped to receive finally, as it was delayed significantly), everything else is a recolour, so this was an easier stash to let accumulate.
    Cloud Across will not be allowed to linger however, choosing the quickest shipment method for that!

IMG_9464.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  17. RoadCaesar

I asked in the KO thread specifically, so answer there or PM me, but can anyone please direct me to a specific online-based seller/store that reliably offers KO Powered Suits that TakaraTomy did not release?

Again, at least one user has posted pics, of PS C in red, PS A in Yellow, and more. But they've ignored all inquiries about where they came from.

So if anyone can help (with specifics like a specific AliExpress seller, online store, etc) let me know in the KO thread on my post there or through DM.
    MUCH appreciated!

Meanwhile:

I just received another x20 of these stands:
    1000003839.jpg

They're just so good for what I use them for!
    • Assemble in moments.
    • Cheap as hell, but reliable for the price
    • Can be configured as needed.
    • Work as secondary stabilization stands for nearly every sized set, even Big Powered.
    The downsides:
    • No ratchets on hinges. They are held in place by tension
    • Weight limit. So max is any/all Versaulters and even TriVerse/Powered Greater 01.
    • Brittle. Out of the previous 40, I broke 2 by over tightening (but salvaged and used the unbroken parts elsewhere.)

• Like Like x 4
  18. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

Welcome to the thread! :)  You’re definitely in the right place. I’ll just add that as a collector of both Diaclone and more recently a little Hexagear, the latter is much more confusing. With Diaclone, you do see some compatible options mixed in with promo pics, but official retailers and on TakaraTomy’s site there should always be a picture showing the parts that are actually included. Also, they are painted and as detailed as they show, often with more mold detail hidden (in areas you wouldn’t think to look on other toys) - which is partly why they photograph so well.

It can be a deep “rabbit hole” to jump into, so myself and many others here would recommend caution (pace yourself) but if you’re interested definitely go for one of the more easily available items that speaks to you ;) 

Yes - the one without the armor is fully painted so it looks more premium/shiny. (This would probably scratch with the armor.) The mold is exactly the same.

:oops: 

I would say we’ve a lot of candidates for that honor on this thread!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  19. MonaLazaBeak

Wow, just wow!

These are all such great, positive and welcoming responses. On top of that, with the extensive info provided, You’ve all given me such excitement for this series.

I have some credit over at BigBad, so I’m going to take a look at what’s in stock and start with one. Undoubtedly it will snowball from there, especially if I can’t keep my finger from hitting the “Add to cart” button for the two sets that will eventually make up “Robot Base Grand Cross”! That thing looks amazing!

Thank you all again. You are all just fantastic people.

• Like Like x 11
  20. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

welcome aboard :)  if you don't mind not understanding any words being written/said,
    there is always youtube and/or twitter, just search for ダイアクロン

but NOTHING beats this forum-thread here in tfw2005 for 2016 Diaclone in English

• Like Like x 7