Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

Welp, looks like there was a payday run on Pod Gantry DA-91. 5 units sold from BBTS between yesterday and just now. No one else has them in stock. At least I have my one unit.

What's up with TFSource and Dia-Guardion? Still no Arrival Date on their preorder listing and everyone else seems long-since sold out. Does TFS just receive their overseas inventory 2+ months after the "usual" retailers?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Dude, where's my TARDIS?

YouTube (Legacy):
    I found a couple entries on Ebay for Gantry just now that are more than I wanna pay, but aren't insane. Of cpurse that means by the time my damn refund money comes in so I can get one they will be gone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They vary greatly... I think they have to wait on shipping containers being filled before they are loaded on a boat. Ordering imports from Diamond a couple of decades back was similar...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Xellos

Xellos Member

I did get my Dia-Guardion from them over a month ago now, had it preordered. They are probably expecting more, I would surmise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That’s been out for 6 months now?? I’m surprised it hasn't sold out earlier.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    So I just got in my Gantry from BBTS.
    F8F6F95F-31AF-42FE-BFBB-1AD859FAEF58.jpeg

And immedietly the first thing I thought to do was to actually use it with Studio Series Megatron to re-create the scene of him frozen in Hoover Dam.
    6FB9CCA9-3AF5-4415-8F65-E92AD8D8DB2E.jpeg

This was a great purchase IMO because you can use it with so many toylines to create so many cool scenes. It’s like a base in a box.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

The most expensive pair of pants I will ever buy are on their way!

I recently received my Dia Guardion from TCP when I shipped my stash with MP Skyfire. When I got around to opening it today, I noticed that he has the visor gap. Can someone explain (or post a link) on how to fix it?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Littletree666

Littletree666 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Darn, I was gonna grab another one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Dude, where's my TARDIS?

YouTube (Legacy):
    So I have decided screw Gantry, gonna get one of those mechanical chain base KOs for the Dia Calibur bay. That will be one less item off my list till I drop the line.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Getter Rays

Getter Rays Believe in Getter

Twitter:
    20230401_222748.jpg

I've been having a lot of fun having these Monster Hunter monsters battle with Diaclone. Scales really nicely, too.

20230401_222800.jpg

Poor bastard got caught in the water beam.

• Like Like x 6
  11. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

Same. I just got a line on 1 more DA-EX Pod Expander and had been waffling over a second Gantry. Looks like I'll have have to pay the late tax.

Regarding it being out for 6 mos, I just started collecting on March 11...so... yea.

• Like Like x 5
  12. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gotcha. Welcome to the party. Get your Ground Dion sooner than later. That late tax will come fast and furious.

• Like Like x 4
  13. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Looks like amazon japan Dions are OOS for delivering to the UK. Dunno about out of stock entirely yet, but it does seem to be being sold pretty speedily for something so large and pricey.

14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

oh god it's happening
    Screenshot_20230402_131133_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Been away from the board for a week due to business and life. Happy to come back and see DA-99 show its face. Makes me glad i ordered 2 Ground Dions now. This set looks dope when applied.

Happy for all those guys getting their GDs soon, that are on the way. This is an exciting time for us Diaclone fans. We have been waiting a very long time for this, and its finally happening. Lets make that room on the shelf. Lets clear the spot on the table. Its time to make way for the best pair of robot pants any of us have most likely ever gotten.

I cant wait to see the pictures, the poses, and all the configurations people will make too. I cant wait to have it in hand myself too.

Sorry to those that missed the last few Pod Gantrys. I must confess i grabbed the one when there was only 6 left. Was 5 remaining after i was done, and now i hear they all went too.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paper towel or rubbers for a pair of pliers then squeezed down gently, but firmly between the ‘ears’ [antena] and the base and it should clip together seamlessly

• Like Like x 1
  17. Triblitzen

Triblitzen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  18. Triblitzen

I have a vague recollection of a time when it was possible to purchase things in special buildings which were reserved exclusively for commerce. The smaller buying-structures were called "shops," and the larger ones were called "mauls," probably because of what they did to the "shops." Many years after the release of unrelated Belgian techno anthem, "Pump Up the Jams," the prophet Steve Jobs sunk the continent of Atlantis, and with it, all the shops, which is why we have nothing to do but stare at our phones all day.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wa_bu_ki_dia

Off of Twitter... I'm impressed that you can homage the original GRB transformation. Granted I think actually trying to shove them together like this is a bad plan.
    -----------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure we'll find out more next week or so... but I'm a bit sad the 'middle lift' will be 'theater of the mind'. But I love the idea of all three Dia Guardian units being able to scramble from the flight deck.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  20. Triblitzen

Ah I see, you're talking about aesthetic balance. Also attaches as a backpack for the Trivers guys, which I haven't tried. I imagine it looks fab on Sunburst dasher, which I'll eventually get around to. Just massively oversized guns. Kinda curious to see what people will do with bits from RB on their DA-65 sets.

Agreed that Convoy's "final form" is most-def Powered with the big guns added. Just wish they'd give poor tiny v-shadow Tim (me) a Pod Grander next Christmas. I'd fly to Japan to pick it up and get KFC while I'm there, because traditions are important.

• Like Like x 4