Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought some Sharpie silver and gold markers thinking they'd be useful for fine details they turned out to be utterly worthless the ink both stains, discolours, blotches and rubs off. So yeah Sharpies and your toys "not a good mix" I just use them on paper now & bought some paint Markers to use instead, though overall regular brushes work best, Paint is kinda expensive these days mind.

Though there is another technique you can use which is a bit odd ball but it does require fixing afterwards which is to use Water colour paint pencils or even just straight up water colour paint in it's various forms, very easy to clean any misapplied parts and some spray fix on top will seal it in place or if you prefer don't seal it and so long as you don't get them wet it won't come off accept on raised areas and if you change your mind it will just wash off, it can be a useful technique for say darken a character eye sockets up a bit or adding definition between fingers (something I used to do on a lot of Master Piece Seekers).

----------

Anyone found the Amazon Japan link for those cheap Metal containers that they supposedly sell in 100 Yen shops in Japan as desk storage novelties they look like they'd make super set dressing for Diaclone (all be a tiny bit anacronistic).

• Like Like x 6
  2. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sold in US at Daiso USA, but if you have to order online because you don't live near one, the shipping is crazy high. You'll have to buy a lot to get the cost each down...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I'm not in America which is why I wondered about getting them right from Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Dude, where's my TARDIS?

YouTube (Legacy):
    When its actual painting, best things are acrylics and/or Gundam Markers. Just be sure to seal them with either brush on acrylic varnish, or better yet, semigloss clear(Tamiya is best).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube (Legacy):
    My own take on the Calibur Gaia Quaker mech mode. 20230312_210122.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ah, sorry, I couldn't see a location in your profile. I haven't seen them on Amazon.co.jp. If you don't want to put your location out there, that's fine. Depending on how much you're willing to pay, using a proxy may be your best option... If interested, there may be some on this thread with local access willing to help.

7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Existential dilemma.
    Recover a Buffalo, or get a second Grand Dion?

• Like Like x 3
  8. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

Definitely a subjective question :p 

Personally I don't get much out of duplicates, but many here do. Especially given there will be multiple configurations and expansions for Dion, I do see some value here.
    But I would get the Baffalo hehe (I like my white one)

• Like Like x 5
  9. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

The form answer here is 'yes'.
    But... For me, I'd be inclined to go with Dion (+various upgrades). And if I changed my mind after getting them both, you could probably sell it and get a Buffalo anyway.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a really good way to look at it... Dion isn't likely to lose value... and while Buffalo's price might always creep up... it'll let you decided if you even want two Dions (i just wouldn't have the space to fully enjoy two of them).

On a side note: I will say Buffalos really require a full set of maneuver suits (preferably six gammas or deltas) to really 'feel complete'. I could see the lunar (white) version having more diversity in it's cargo fwiw.

I certainly struggle with duplicates... that said... the only Big Powered I'm missing now is IMS... but (and maybe it's justification) feel that OG/Destroyer/VERS at least provide some uniqueness. While I have Red Lightning Dia Battles... I keep asking myself if I need Alpha Plus or an OG... part of me wants it for the parts/colors... but they (or I suppose Red Lightning) don't specifically bring 'anything new' to the table.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Recover a Buffalo?

Has it been dropped in the sea?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    The buffalo required to be placed in the recovery position after a particularly traumatic engagement with a Vajra. It's been two weeks, and the pilots on-scene are still filling out reports.

Speaking of recovery, that was supposed to be one of the primary benefits of DA-14 + DA-19 (or any BP 04/05 x4 configuration). Would one make the argument that Pod Grander/Gantry has superseded that role?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  13. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Don't you just hate the enablement on here? The inconsiderate twit that posted this has tipped me into ordering a second dion. How I hate them.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Great Robot Base now has an extra pair of pants to change into after he encounters the new height of EVOLness that the Waruder have cooking :D 

• Like Like x 4
  15. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Grand Centurdion

• Like Like x 2
  16. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

those prices are worse than pirahnas

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube (Legacy):
    Fortunately for me, reality is a far greater kick in the butt. Buying for my collection is hard enough, buying a toy that even spread out over many months that will be more than one months rent(GRB) simply is impossible for me to afford or justify, even if I had the money for it. So all the enablement in the world ain't working on me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Someone could 3D print an adaptor so you can link two sets of Gran Dion legs together to make a huge spider tank.

I wonder how possible a Faux Transformers Metroplex like base mode for the legs would be, I keep wondering "If I could get him to do the splits" then they'd be a long line of treads with a cabin in the middle... if that is even possible.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That would be one hefty adaptor! Probably better off forging it lol

Been thinking about that too and I don't think it can. With the way the backs of the legs are linked to the fronts, there's no way to rotate them outwards and you couldn't turn it out from the hips without the rear sections very quickly clashing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Triblitzen

Triblitzen Well-Known Member

I have the light blue Ripper. Which I wanted to like a lot. When I tried to put the head module into it though, I had to push pretty hard. When it finally went in, the head impacted my thumb and one of the tiny antenna/ear things on the head broke off. The plastic inside looks like it might have been contaminated? Or it's possible that I failed to heed a warning in the instructions (I'm almost completely illiterate, though I can sometimes understand the language when spoken.) I spent half an hour "combing the desert" *cough* carpet and found the tiny bit that broke off. I thought about customizing this piece, since it's probably basically valueless now, but I don't have any skills.

Thinking maybe I'll end up calling it "battle damage" but also kinda curious if anyone here thinks the toy is still worth anything. I have never sold a toy before, and have no real idea how to appraise them. I normally give them away to friend's kids, but I don't think that makes sense for a Diaclone piece, even a busted one. Too many fiddly bits that can be swallowed.

A penny for your thoughts.