Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it does look a lot like one of those in robot mode.
    But I get a distinct Gerry Anderson Space 1999 vibe from the vehicle mode however.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really? I got more of a gundam spaceship vibe from it. Like the unicorns weird space maneuvering gear or the crossbones gundams core ship.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touché…. Looks like someone can’t handle the truth or being called out.

Deny all you want… but with all the unnecessary descriptions of ur “v huge collection” your intention is plain for all to see. The rest can reach their own conclusions…

As for my permission for you to post: you don’t need it and me withholding it isn’t gonna stop you from posting anyway but can you at least please stop acting like a creepy guy trying to describe the size of his dick on Tinder… you’re just coming across as trying too hard… There’s nothing impressive about make believe anyway…

• Like Like x 2
  4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Wtf happened to this thread. Can we not all chill a bit?

• Like Like x 12
  5. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    @Boknight and @Dunedain could you guys please cool down, take a break and if you really need to continue that conversation take it to PMs. Thank you. :) 

Definitely a good call on the Double Soldier and Dia-Guardion similarity. There’s also the shoulder missiles, which are described in Dia-Guardion’s official page and present on the toy (but hard to see) in the blue shoulder blocks on either side of the chest cockpits.

• Like Like x 9
  6. DiaNaut

DiaNaut 72nd Battalion Epsilon Unit

Really heating up in here. We all have different amounts in each of our collections, so there isn't any need for competition, especially since that's not what this thread is about. Twitter would be better place for that, I've seen some pretty crazy collections going on in there. All that matters is if you're happy with your collection!

I honestly didn't notice this until you pointed it out, maybe I should give it a little paint or something...

• Like Like x 8
  7. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah! I had read about the shoulder missiles and thought they were supposed to be in the red shoulder parts, but then I saw a post from a Japanese collector on Twitter or Instagram (I think someone in here linked to it, but I can't find that now and I'm too lazy at the moment to do a more in-depth search) that pointed them out on the toy and added paint.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Very cool observation. Both Double Soldier and Twin Combat, at least to me, are more like very deluxe Powered Suits, especially with the upright pilots and view ports, where this is more of a mecha, but the design influence is clear now that you pointed it out.

(Vintage Double Soldier is near the top of my grail list, and I did get a beautiful Twin Combat recently. I did a pictorial review of it over on the Vintage Diaclone Thread, if anyone is interested.)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure there are a lot of "Vintage" spacecraft designs with similar parts even the Discovery from 2001 shares some design cues.

Specifically thought I was reminded of these craft :

Battlestar Galactica toys-probe.jpg

The Ultra Probe from Space 1999 (with an Eagle Lander in the background) Damn that Lander just gets better looking with age for some reason.
    Perhaps as NASA keep praising it and saying they want to make one.
    Spacer-1999-Ultra Probe.png

Both of them have a seperating front end that is a functional landing craft.

But I guess if I stretch the point I could tie that to Fireball XL5 or even to Starcom too. (boy do I miss Starcom so very much).

starcom-mattel.jpg

The unreleased one in the top left corner below ->

That wouldn't look out of place adapted to a Diaclone toy I'd say. & of course they share the "Container pod" idea in that the vehicles turn into them and also can be carried by the larger ones (or even slung underneath) in fact they also have wind up motor deployment like some Diaclone has and even magnet feet on the figures and one even has an elevator activated by dropping the figure on it again just like diaclone.

But if you look the Starcom line also has the pods that open out into themed accessories like medical bays. repair bays and then all of them can make a mini-fort, that is something that is so well suited to Diaclone too with the Tactical containers being perfect for something like that it seems to me.

Perhaps I like Diaclone so much because it does remind me of those other things I like, (I also used to collect Microman so that doesn't hurt either) and I've always loved Action Vehicle toy lines and you just do not get those any more unfortunately, so Diaclone is about as close as it gets in some ways.

toy-starcom04.jpg

The last thing the Spacecraft design reminds me of is Star Trek Work Bee's they are VERY similar to those too.

But just for fun.. can you see what might have inspired this design perhaps (look up).
    Very Bulletcore like though isn't it.

micro-shuttle.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  10. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It does have a very similar style t9 the vintage ships. Picture Number two I can definitely feel the energy of that one in the diaclone one

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Dude, where's my TARDIS?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Personally I think the Gundam Core Fighter are more an inspiration for the bullet cores than anything, since core fighter do pretty much the same thing IE cockpit for a mech/escape pod in an emergency. Even the design asthetic looks similar.

I will say though the Delta Flyer does have some similarity to the Triverse bullet cores though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Brink 37

Brink 37 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Hey, do we know what color the tm-11 wing pack for the tactical mover expansion set is actually going to be? I ask because I have the blue grey tread versaulter and I wanna know if it's going to match it or be white. The photography has been a bit odd with the coloring

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  13. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

100% I completely thought instantly of Space 1999 when I saw Hawk :D 

I love Starcom - I'd love to have some, but they're waaaaaay to expensive given they're 30+ years old :p 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I’ve said all I cared to say on this topic too.

15. Brink 37

Twitter:
    I see a lot of parallels with Gundam Wing myself, especially since the Argo was revealed. 20230114_083451.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It’s shown on the Tread Versaulter and the color matches, so it’s a pretty safe bet that the wing parts are intended for that model and use the same color plastic.

upload_2023-1-15_14-43-23.png

• Like Like x 5
  17. Brink 37

Twitter:
    Just wanna be safe given the figures actual color is more blue and I'm trying to plan my purchases. TM03-TV14.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Now you are thinking about my DICK ???? Whos the creepy one now?, and fantasizing about make believe?:oops: 

I really wish you would STOP harassing others, and being a bully. Please stop commenting on what you think is in my mind and pants. I am simply defending myself against your personal attacks.

Although i NEVER started with you, i will no longer comment to you, if you would please stop obssessing over me. Thank you sir.

I love Diaclone and discussing and sharing about it. I will continue to only do that, as i ALWAYS did. I dont care about other guys dicks and what is truly in their inner most hearts desires that is SO clear to you as you lay down at night in your bed fantazising. That belongs somewhere else.

I am done with this.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  19. Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Back on my bullshit again, trying to think of some good entry points for me for this line now that I'm coming in... seven years late?

After giving it some thought I narrowed it down to potentially two to three potential starting points:
    1. Trivers, with a Triramber and one of the other three, plus a Versriser Unit.
    2. Waruders Legion Ripper (Dark Cathode) and Vajra, once that releases, along with a Warudaros Soldier Type for Max Waruder Play Pattern and to keep a unified colorway throughout.

3. Somehow managing to fork over the money for one of the older releases or biting the bullet on Great Robot Base once Cloud Across is revealed.

There's a "3.5" in there somewhere too, which is just buying the Pod Grander separately so I can buy one of the other Battle Convoy colorways to go with it, but I doubt I'll be able to luck into one anytime soon.

So that's where I'm at, yeah.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Thanks brother. That means a lot. It was literally one of the last things i wanted, that happened to be during the beginning of my collecting. I was STOKED to get 2 sets in one. As you and even Boknight pointed out, i might have paid a little more than if i waited and hunted around longer, but i felt i waited long enough, lol

Plus i have not used any Japanese sites, including Mandrake. I am sure i am missing out, but i just havent pulled the trigger yet with them. If i could find more of the Waruder sets, at an even cheaper price, i would prob get 8 more.

Like you said, why Takara has not made more is bafffiling. I KNOW it would sell. Plus if they added a Waruder equivalent to a motorbike, in the set, SOLD. Idk what that would be, but something cool.

• Like Like x 1