Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

That makes perfect sense, actually. I like having an extra 1 or 2 though, as i will keep them in "shuttle pod" mode.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Well-Known Member

YouTube (Old):
    If people aren't ok with these, I'll delete em, but I really wanted to show off the base so far. Just today I moved the repair bay up a shelf and redid the lighting. Still got a loong way to go though. Not completely done with the floors, the control tower on the surface level needs a floor, and rhe lower levels are barely done yet. Though I do have the main command room layout designed.

20220513_213727.jpg 20220513_213711.jpg 20220513_213653.jpg 20220513_213647.jpg 20220513_213640.jpg 20220513_213632.jpg 20220513_213621.jpg 20220513_210359.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  3. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I sometimes forget how much I love my Battle Buffalos and their components... The new "parts" just give me more reasons to revisit them.

Photo_1652505943913.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 19
  4. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

Aghh... your right. Was trying to think of a similar lower tier mystery container with maybe an upgrade, motorcycle or dianaut. Your prediction seems more logical as it would allow them to produce variant add-ons (white wings/black treads).

• Like Like x 2
  5. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

Am i the only one who's extremely pissed off by the fact new dianauts can't drive old bikes?

• Like Like x 5
  6. PixHell

*Intensifies*

• Like Like x 3
  7. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

I haven’t been involved since day one - I got in right after Diabattles Red Lightning and never looked back. I think your sentiments regarding the line are echoed by a lot of fans, myself included. To me it’s kind of a miracle these even exist today and it genuinely makes me happy that there is such demand for a unique line that so much love and effort has gone into. Myself (and many other fans in Japan and from what I see here I’m sure across the globe) are just as excited to see where it goes from here! Hopefully we’ll see more about GRB by the summer and then some!

• Like Like x 7
  8. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

Nope- lots of people over here were very vocal about this. Apparently there are some workarounds using heat and an exacto knife, but it does feel like a bit of an oversight. Personally, I do hope it’s addressed in the future but it’s not a huge deal to me because I have enough 1.0 troops and not so many bikes so it doesn’t really bug me.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

^ This

I posted quite a few images regarding the mods required to achieve a greater range of motion pages back.

• Like Like x 5
  10. PixHell

I think i have only 3 bikes but one is red, and considering i display mostly my red bots and dianauts it pisses me off...

Damn i missed it. I must search it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Tokyo Toy Show is on next month so fingers crossed that Takara will be back to live shows in a big way.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Awesome Welles

Awesome Welles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received a little Diaclone "care package" yesterday with some bits and bobs I was missing (even managed to snag the one remaining Grappler @Boknight hadn't bought yet... :D )

IMG_0738.jpg

I've been housesitting at my boss's place and noticed a collection of cute little ceramic houses in one of the rooms. Just a quick proof-of-concept for now, but I reckon I might have some fun with these over the next week!

IMG_0908.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  13. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

I guess I started right before you, it was BP Destroyer, Battle Buffalo, and “the gamma” that got me to cave on the line- and it’s been a whirlwind ever since. Never thought I’d find something that would dethrone my love of Transformers. But this line has scratched a few itches transformed never really went “all-in” on.

Also hits my zoids/battle tech/table top trooper building w/o need for models/glue/paint lol.

fingers crossed we see some rough “engineering proofs” or design sketches.

I forgot about this until you mentioned it lol. Now I am sad :( 

here’s hoping. Heck at this point they got a few things they could surprise me with. Rest of the Hard Diaclone reveals, GRB, or Dia Battles/Buffalo 3.0

feels a little off scale-wise but still fun as heck.

that was one thing that seemed “off” about Gridman. I always assume those kind of characters (and Megazords etc) to be that scale in the pic. So it was a little weird to see him ~ 2-3 stories tall instead of 5-6.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube (Old):
    The Gridman Anime states that he couldn't materialize at full size like in the LA original due to Junk not being in good condition. It couldn't give him enough power to enable him to make his "digital" body manifest at full size therefore, and if the assist team manifested their vehicles, both they and Gridman had to manifest at even smaller size or Junk would explode, killing them all.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

Ah!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube (Old):
    Yeah, in the original show when the assist team and he formed Thunder or Dyna(I think?) Gridman forms, he was supposed to be around 200 ft tall if he were in the real world. His normal size was around 140 ft real world scale.

In the anime, he twice manifested that size, but Junk couldn"t handle the load on its systems, so after that he usually was around 70 or so, but if the assist team joined the fight they all shrunk down to where when they formed Powered Gridman he was about the same size as he was after the first couple episodes, around 70 ft. So alone like that I think he was 40 to 50 ft.

There was an episode where they all tried to manifest full size and combine, and they "glitched", and froze in mid air, with like pixelation and wobbling. Junk almost blew up then, but they demanifested, and later tried again but shrunk down so Junk could handle it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PixHell

So, if he reaches full size his genitals will blow up like a nuke? Cool! That's something i would love to see in an anime.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PixHell

Btw, i wonder if anyone ever made some cover pieces to make this IMG_20220511_190245_859~3.jpg
    look less like a failed chicken and more like a dinosaur... I would love to have a waruder suit that turns into something that actually resembles a dino.

I could sculpt something myself actually, but i'm not that good when it comes to mechanical details... But i guess i could buy some cheap KO transformer and use its parts.

There's a dollar store near my house that had a KO oversized RiD Grimlock (the green one), if it wasn't for the fact i want something that matches the original head colors i would've bought it.

It should be pretty easy to cut the head apart and shave the inside enough to make it fit...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I’m thinking about getting DA-…. Uh… the Tactical carrier. Why doesn’t this have a number? :lol  However, my focus right now is getting things that go with DA-65… will this hold the mechs that come with DA-70, as well as DA-64. Will this thing be of any use to them or is it specially for the other tactical ones?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It isn't a part of the main Diaclone line, so not number coded. I agree that is annoying.

You can transport the Type-F Powered Suit with it.
    pic_tactical-carrier_30.png

You can also use V-Max parts to make it a smaller forward base.
    pic_tactical-carrier_28.png

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 10