Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I originally got duplicates due to buying collections. Everyone had a Dia-Battles, so each time I bought a collection, I got at least one. However, as these are all mass produced, troop building works with any unit.

I did go out of my way to get a third "Prototype" colors one (DA-01EX) as to me they are very striking. They also look a little like they are under construction (primer coat with a few accents) and I'm hoping to get around to making a "factory" display, eventually...

I can't fully explain why the Vers Suits aren't as attractive to me, but there are a lot of little things. They just look a bit awkward due to oversized shoulders and feet. The sitting cockpits and canopies also make them look a little pot bellied; the aesthetics are just off to me, almost like they are from a different toyline. That is probably my core disconnect.

Next, the price point as mentioned has been off-putting. There hasn't been a Vers one at under $40 USD. I grab the earlier suits as add-ons and to build up for free shipping.

To be honest, I just love the small size for world building. I can have a TV tray be a whole base or battlefield. (Half my photos are just done on TV trays.) I still really want a small Waruder mecha the size of the first gen Powered Suits. The "worm pods" just don't quite fit that niche, and their suits are a little too big with suffering poseability.

In addition, I'm also not as big on the TriVers sub-line and the core integration as some others are. I like the new customizing aspect they brought, but swapping cores is just not something I spend a ton of time doing.

Don't get me wrong, I have them all and a couple of duplicates, but I don't see me getting 8+ of any of the Vers ones like I have several of the PS and MS ones. The new Type-4 version is very interesting though, so I'll be giving it a chance.

(Note: I agree Alpha's head was awkward, but was designed specifically for use with Sky Jacket... I wish it was able to be hidden with a pilot inside.)

Updated: On a separate note, just got my V-Shadow... Why didn't it come with number decals? I was hoping for more numbers to fix issue with V-Max only having 1s... Loving the "Red Lightning" metallic parts and by mixing with non-metallic red, helps pull together Cosmo unit that wasn't metallic.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Cayce Pollard

Cayce Pollard Well-Known Member

1172518D-8CDC-46D6-8AEE-AE222DDC06D3.jpeg I think 4 pod granders can be attached to a DA 65 without it being sketchy. You do have to be somewhat careful opening and closing but I never felt worried doing so.

• Like Like x 18
  3. Omega23

Omega23 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Love this. There was one of the early CG videos from TT that showcased the OG Big Powered and had the underwater scene. Definitely a big part of what sold me on the line originally.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Another new image!

10697C79-058E-4C4B-B753-715D8B421CEC.jpeg
    23016631-FE64-4560-B81C-5C430C82917B.jpeg

Looks like the front section of the Bullet Core extends outward for boarding. This just keeps getting cooler!!

• Like Like x 10
  5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Really curious how the cockpit on this one will look.

do you guys think it’ll come with a container like earlier suits?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don’t think it’s going to have a container due to its size.

I could, however see them creating a transport vehicle that would have a troop of these in “transport mode” mounted on it. Assuming the Gamma Versaulter does indeed have a transport/storage mode.

• Like Like x 4
  7. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

I'm half-expecting the frame will have box-like transport mode, or just put every limbs at the back :D 

• Like Like x 5
  8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    a troop transport would be great for these things. I’d love to see various trucks and repair bay trailers and such. Maybe a drop ship

• Like Like x 4
  9. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Says it will have a hanger.
    43F73BB2-B879-4BA9-9F5C-ED352791E9E3.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hanger, not hangar... I think that is that thing we kinda see on the back in some shots, but I could be wrong...

And, I love that photo they posted. Well set shot...

• Like Like x 6
  11. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Any and all of that would be awesome! Hopefully the Diaclone design team is thinking along the same lines!

Yeah, I’m not sure what to make of that. Suspension hangers are hardware used on trailers. Maybe it’s something to connect it to a larger mech/vehicle.

Yeah, could be. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 5
  12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well shit. This is cannon vs canon levels of annoying.

I hope it does in fact come with a little box to fold everything up into. They should just tweet a picture of the contents already. Lazy lumps.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Haha, right?! :D 

Keep in mind this thing is twice as big as the original Gamma, so if it does come with a new style of raid chamber it will be bigger than the old raid chambers.

I think we’ll be getting full info and preorders this week.

• Like Like x 5
  14. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

In the Triverse line "suspension arm" refers to the back mounted control pivot arm unique to each mech. "Hanger" on DA-65 refers to two different items, the bullet core to interior trailer piece and the chamber to interior trailer piece.
    Maybe Gamma Verssaulter's suspension hanger is a combination of both functions, or maybe it is merely a trailer stowing component. Really hard to decipher at this point.
    The chest detail with the red pivot points on this mech appears to be a cantilever like "suspension arm" for mounting the guns or shield(s) upon his back. If I'm right than I am the next magician future teller man! lol

• Like Like x 6
  15. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not practical, but would be awesome to have a ship these guys hang off of by their backs. Then the connection releases and they drop in.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    20211206_074806.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  17. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think they are really building this one up slowly prior to listing it to ease the sticker shock of this new premium release. Hope I'm wrong, but...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you about the 'pot bellied-ness' of some of the V-Mover suits. I think that's the main reason I like the 01 (flyer) and the 04 (that comes with VERS BP/DA-81). I think the large canopy helps... but the Jeep/Tank guys... I was less interested in... even if they did look pretty heavily armored. there did seem to be a disconnect (literally actually) between the hips/legs and the rest of the design flow.

I agree that the waruder could use something smaller... but I worry that ship has sailed... I'm still shocked we didn't get a solo/pair release of Ant Heads. While they'd still be larger than the stang/fling suits, they would have been something *different*. I suppose for 'smaller' like the worm pods... some of the little tiny guys you could make with Raptor Head were there. (basically the build which was the second head with legs). That could have gotten a little $20 solo or pair release for $40. Maybe that'll follow up after DA-82 and one can 'piecemeal' a new Raptor set lol.

wait... V-Shadows DOES NOT come with number stickers?! Man... there goes the point of the pod extenders having numbers....

@Matrix Quest DA-48's red or DA-07? My 48s in storage atm... but I was going to swear it's metallic red. I still wish I had DA-07's cannon arm unit... still not sure i'd use the rest of it...though.

That's a great shot! Just got my first extender from FedEx after it being lost in the mail for a week. Can't wait to get it all open either later tonight, or in the morning!

I probably should have quoted further down the line, or added even more quotes... but as it was pointed out, as much as I would like a new Raid Chamber for the big boi... I agree the hanger is probably those arm apertures. It's kind of funny... I sort of wrote them off with Tridasher... but then they threw them in with V-Shadow... Takara must really like them. I wish they had more articulation.

I could see a weapon crate chamber where... if the shield and rifles disassemble, they could be stored there... I was actually sad to see they're giving us MORE SWORDS! I know the fiction keeps pushing 'melee is the best way to deal with waruders'... but swords don't make 'pew pew' noises... unless they're Powered Greater or Ripper lol.

Oh! you know what... I wonder if the sheild and weapons can disasemble and be converted into a drone pode like Powered Greaters sword/shield module...

Now that I think of that... It would be cool if these VFS frames did come in a raid chamber and could just orbital dropped onto a battle field lol.

Not sure if it's the lighting... but blueberry just doesn't quite resonate with me like the blackberry lol. But it's also looking at them in a vacuum.

Consider the list of things it comes with just exploded... I'm worried he's now going to be like another $130 release... which doesn't really seem fair... if the OG suits were $40 and this is roughly twice the size... that'd put it @ $80. The extra stuff might push it to $100... if it's actually got die cast then... oh boy....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It is metallic, but a completely different shade... Or at least mine was.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Making a separate post just to circle back to this specifically... what is going on here? loks like there's an internal armor/layer to further protect (pin down?) the pilot? This shot also makes me wonder if there's a rudimentary AI onboard. I know Takara's posed 'pilot in hand' before.... but it's just giving me serious Titan Fall vibes. I also still feel like there's something up with those legs... Hopefully we find out more this Friday.

[​IMG]

Is that the Gamma's core, or is that a different VERS unit plugged into the chest? That'd be a weird cross-promo (unless it comes with more than one core). I guess it is the same core... just that the silver triangle/vent thing that's popping in the top picture isn't as bring in the bottom. It kills me that Takara can take such amazing... but also equally as frustrating.... product photos.

I... also apparently did not notice the (rather large) pistols and hoslters in the second photo....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5