Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

I was lucky enough to get the original black DA-27 Gammas when they came out. I pre ordered 4 of them, but that was before i realized that the Battle Buffalo's trailer held 6 of them, or at least 6 of those containers. Now its true, i have gotten way more than 6 containers since its release, but still ONLY 4 of the Gammas.

Plus, i think the DA-27 Gamma's came with a darker shaded container, but the ones after were a lighter color. Not sure if that darker one was released with another suit, and i dont feel like rifling thru all my suits, boxes, and containers right now. I am sure i have enough to load up BOTH of my Battle Buffalo's, the regular and Moon version, so it doesnt matter anyway. Just always wished i had exactly 6 of the DA 27s though. 4 of them is nice, and i should be content, especially hearing that some missed out on them all together.

Now, THAT would drive me batty and keep me up at night.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dunedain

I have a quick question for any of you that deal with and order a lot from BBTS. I have been using them for years, and probably 95% of my Diaclone stuff is from them. One thing i never did, or had experience with concerning them, is when they re list older items for pre order again.

For example, i noticed DA-34 is listed again thru them for pre order. I know that newer, and current releases, can and do go back in forth in stock, from sold out, to in stock, and back to pre order. Thats normal, and it happens.

What i was wondering is how successful are they in getting restocks of older releases, that they put up for pre order again, sometimes a year or longer after its been released already? Like, do they know they are getting more stock of them, or is it a mistake, or is it a crap shoot as to if it comes or not. Again, DA-34 is listed for pre order on BBTS, and that has been sold out, out of stock, and was officially released quite some time ago.

I actually pre ordered 2 more of them, i already have 4, just to see what happens, but i was wondering if you guys have had experience with a specific like this concerning BBTS and how they are with actually getting in older releases that somehow come up again for pre order. Thanks in advance for any info.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got my Tridasher from BBTS this way and didn't have any problems, but I've heard that this is not always the case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so, I’ve had mixed results. I had a preorder that was open for years for the old BP troop pack they had listed for the crazy price of like $20-25 bucks. They eventually canceled it- and I had gotten else where anyway… but wasn’t going to say no to a second set is it arrived some day.

Now I have gotten in delisted preorders if Diaclone before. Got my OG colors TriDasher through them. I think a good chunk of us all hopped on the orange maneuver (beta?) suit they reposted preorder…. So we’ll find out if they found as much as they think they found.

I have some other “surprising 2nd round preorders” open through them for different stuff that should have been filled back in November…. But we all know that story. My current shipment is lost with FedEx up in Sacramento for almost a week now.

This ^

basically throw on the preorder. But also prepare to look elsewhere. Normally I’d say they’re good to go…. But it’s been a weird few years, and Diaclone/‘warehouse finds’ are always never a firm bet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've also had mixed results.

Same cancelled presale on that old troop pack, and there was another for one of the Suits, but don't remember which suit at this point.

I also lucked out and got some hard to finds from them and TF Source relisting a presale for older items.

I put down for the Betas, too, just in case they get them. I really like that one. I think chances are fair they will get more as you can still find them close to retail out there now and I saw at least one other site taking presales again which makes me think a distributor found a large quantity sitting somewhere...

• Like Like x 1
  6. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Dammit, turns out I need two Stang suits to do the Bughead combo I was looking forward to. I’ll just have to wait for the Evolize suits to drop then, unless I find the red one cheap. Still, lots of fun.

Hopefully my Gigantor and DA-70 arrive next week. Never mind my much needed Grander pod and DA-73 set. Will need one more Viper bike after the new one comes, I want two of each. Might just get another set of Dia-Women rather than hope for another release after Gridman 02. CAC80720-23EC-4A48-81DF-C8D3952307D8.jpeg

I don’t recall specifically, but I know I’ve had a couple older items arrive just fine. In fact, the only thing I’ve ever had canceled was the Dia-Nauts and two Viper set.

A3U has three still available. Which means they’re on the shelf as we speak, as I saw DA-70 there in August in the same quantity listed online. Should’ve bought one then instead of waiting. Damn my over packed motorcycle.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Dunedain

You have me intrigued by your "bughead combo" you intended to do. I wonder what it will look like, or which combo makes it up. I LOVE all the insane and over the top stuff we can do with all the Waruder sets.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    "Approaching the Waruder splashdown coordinates. No sign of any movement under the surface, so far..."
    "Keep comms and your eyes open, Unit 02."

Photo_1638500884108.jpg

Been thinking of this combo for a while. Diaclone hasn't really given us much in the way of dedicated aquatic units, but most are supposed to work in all terrains.

This is the PS Maneuver Taurus from DA-70 equiped with parts from DA-12 : Gyroseptor for weapons and propulsion. The color finally felt like a sub and I love the way the feet claws look like you would see in on a research sub, too.

• Like Like x 22
  9. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Excellent combo and I totally love the idea of the yellow Taurus being a sub!!

My DA-70 is due in tomorrow!

• Like Like x 3
  10. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

Hmmmm I wonder if maketoys Utopia works well with diaclone! It’s been in the box since i pretty much got it… i think i’ll check it out this weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    You'd have to do some digging way back in this thread, but there are pictures. I think it suffers from the same general issues as Fort Max and Titan Class Metroplex in that some of the detailing (like windows etc) aren't really 'to scale'. As a general romp around play set... it works, the launch decks are technically big enough.

So far, Titan Class Omega Supreme seems to work the best, which is a little ironic considering he's a few inches *smaller* than Metroplex/Fort Max. Though I argue the train tracks on Omega aren't *quite* big enough to get the job done. It works for the bikes and smaller v-movers though. Hell... even Omega's tank is too big for it's tracks imo.

-----

I still imagine when (not if) we get Great Robot Base it'll probably roughly Titan Class Metroplex/Fort Max in size though.

----

I do feel that Tyrpticon (sp) works decently for Waruders... it's been my least favorite of the titan class figures... but as a base for them... it kind of works out.

------

Getting jealous of Shadow Convoy coverage

Oh man... nice pictures that I did not need tempting me into building a red team....

-----

More temptation to 'get off the fence' on those two accessory packs (and their bigger cousins). I imagine with the new Versaulter... we may be in for yet *more* add-on kits in the same vein.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

Well i’ll have to search for those picks. My excitement has dropped off completely now lol!

13. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Keeps reminding me I should look into the Hexabug stuff at some point before it disappears for good. I just... don't know if I want to dedicate that kind of sprawl space (and associated storage) for it.

Found them... way back in the early 160s... holy smokes we've come a long way guys and gals.

don't let it diminish your love Utopia... I'd forgotten how badass that bot looks until i went looking for the pictures. Definitely blew Titan Class Metroplex out of the water (though I think it was slightly smaller?)

God seeing these again is a trip... also w/o context... those BP machines look positively massive in that display case lol.

Also just noticed the computer console designs they used in that hanger display we all pined over... aren't that far off from what we finally got with V-Max et al.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  14. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

Turns out I was only charged for half the quoted shipping cost for the first shipment of the in stock item. Caveats are I'm a prime member and I paid in prepaid balance. Going to go this route from now on.
    -In review if you purchase multiple items (in-stock and preorder) from amaz.co.jp the quoted shipped price at check out is divided between shipments, so you can save a considerable amount of money on shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 100mega

100mega Well-Known Member

My sister got me Raptor Head for my bday this year and it sure is fun to use the parts to spice up the soldier type 2!

IMG_9921.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  16. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely getting some monster of the week vibes from that one.

• Like Like x 5
  17. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

I still find it funny that the colours from all of those sets match perfectly, but from the product photography, you'd swear they were all different :p 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dunedain

I was pleasantly surprised by a nice BBTS box today. Got my 2nd DA-70, being that i told everyone how awesome it was, and you need at least 2, i had to put my money where my mouth is, and get a 2nd myself.

Also got 3 more packs of DA-73, to add to the 1 i have already. Now i got 4 of those bikes for my Pod granders. Speaking of which, i also got 2 more Pod granders, for a total of 4. Then there were 2 DA-62's, now i have a total of 4 of them too.

Lastly, i got my first, and probably only, set of DA-63, Versriser unit 02. Havent played with DA-63 yet, but i just opened it. Love the wheels and ability to make some cool vehicles with big guns.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

THIS.

"And I'll...form....THE HEAD!"

That reboot was nearly perfect until the last 2 seasons...

• Like Like x 5
  20. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6