Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Same

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Are my eyes, and the camera perspective playing tricks on me... or does the rifle look reconfigured between the two pictures? Also... that heel looks like does something suspicious.

------
    You know... if this thing ends up coming in Moonbase (tm) colors (white) I'm going to have to really fight the want to put and Aperture Science logo on it and find a companion cube....
    ------
    [​IMG]
    (Burai | Code Geass Wiki | Fandom)

The chonky backpack reminds me of the mecha from Code Gaeas too.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The rifle does look like it breaks up but it's the same in both those pictures.

• Like Like x 4
  4. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Yeah, I can see the lower-torso can be swing back.
    I think it will look like DA-90 Raidbullet in integrate-mode (alt-mode)

And will buy two if one is priced around JPY 9000, and no other release at the time...
    will not miss Gamma this time

• Like Like x 3
  5. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Is that what you think that silver circle (just above the sword) is? I'm still not sure if the arms are on block-rails (like most of the pre-triverse stuff) or not. Though the hard points/rails are a nice touch. Shame the dianaughts don't have open hands to hold onto them. Though I suppose a Gamma might be able to grip it with it's hand... maybe?

Wonder if this release will be DA-91 (though if it's a sub-line it may not be specifically numbered).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There was some text that was tweeted with that image and it gives just a bit more information:

upload_2021-11-29_4-32-28.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kio

Kio Well-Known Member

My 2cents:
    Even though this is a upgraded powersuit, I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being roughly the same size as Dasher. The arms and hands look very similar to V-max's. The swords also closely resemble Dasher's & Shadow Max's swords.

I think given how bulky that chest is, and the identifiable pin in the lower back, the whole upper torso opens up to store some sort of bullet core or bike. We already know they are leaning this way because of DA-90's gimmik.

Hard to tell if the arms are pinned, pegged, or use the V-Max / Dia Battles slide in function.

The cavs have extra pins that would seem to indicate something folds out from the back of the legs.

Color:
    I'm not 100% sure this is "Black." Given the red and light blue accents, I could easily see this being in the new Dcaliber color just like Verse BP. I would be fine with this, especially if they released some of the other figs in the new color scheme or perhaps even re-tooled versions.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    :O ooooooooh
    Agreed on the colors. It's hard to tell in a vacuum even with DA-80 it's a tough guess with the weird lighting the pull sometimes. I would hope it matches the DA-90 core which looks black. But like you, I'd take either color.

If they are Dasher or Convoy size... I'll probably restrict myself to one, unless the alternate color scheme just really blows me away... but if they're going 'black' first... then that saves me sweating too much. (though I did cave and get the rest of the D Calibur Triverse Jetter/Digger... so we'll see if I hold out).

Hmm... I guess the VERS BP *technically* has a 'double-knee'. But Convoy didn't get opportunity (though i'm not sure it'd have played well with the Powered Greater equipment).

-----

It would probably be too much to hope for... but the Sky Jacket came out around the same time as the original Gamma... would be really interesting if we got a 'bigger' Sky Jacket that retools parts from the OG and the Gridman subline.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kio

Kio Well-Known Member

Given how clean and skinny the legs are, I would say it is a sure bet they are planning some sort of powered armor set to compliment the new gamma. Dunno if it will be a new Sky jacket though.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don’t think it’s that big. If either the whole torso acts as a Bullet Core, or the torso frame holds a Bullet Core, scaling that first image held next to an actual Bullet Core ends up with the whole Versaulter being somewhere in size between the original Gamma and a Trivers, about 1.5x-2x as large as the original. Probably around the same height as a Legiocore.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Is the Legio core pretty spot on size-wise to the Mega Grappler (base warduer suit + raptor legs)?
    [​IMG]

I'd be tempted to throw the other scale comparison but turns out neither had a mega grappler in them... I got a feeling the Tacticool Gamma is probably going to be "Headless" in size... so Legio+ the lower leg unit from the Raider Hanger (which is roughly half it's full height- which would put it in the ballpark of a TriDasher).

----
    Maybe it's just the weird 'knees' on the Legio I think you might be right @Xaxis They probably share the same universal joint in the hips.

[​IMG]
    Pulled a different picture that came to mind... so x2 OG Gamma... sounds about right. Now I want to compare a worm pod to a bullet core... I can't believe that hadn't occurred to me sooner....
    ----------------
    Also on a complete side note to the current topic... I would have sworn in my minds eye (before I packed him up) that Gigantor was bigger than he looks in this scale chart... but I also don't have Ripper yet. Also, anyone that has both versions of Gigantor on hand, I'm starting to realize what some folks have mentioned about the color pallets. it's almost like the Drago Skull (and Evo head) along with the Arachnetor really were designed to go with the OG Gigantor's color pallet. And by extension the OG Gigantor's Kaiju skull goes better with the newer release?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    While I have some Waruder suits and Raptors and have configured them similarly to Mega Grappler, I don't have them set up that way at the moment. From memory though, I'd say that's probably close in height to the Legiocore.

The hips and legs on the Gamma Versaulter won't be as chunky as Legiocore's. They look very similar to those of Tridasher or Trirambler, and I'm thinking they'll be slightly smaller than those.

If you take a Bullet Core and imagine it with arms on its sides, and a waist and legs attached to the bottom, that seems to be a good approximation. I can't tell for sure from the photos though if the sides of the Gammer Versaulter's torso are comparable to the sides of a Bullet Core (like the one from Tridigger, as a great example) or if the torso is a housing with the Gamma Versaulter's core being the inner portion with the "head" and "chest".

Speaking of the chest, it looks like it could be a panel that folds down for pilot entry. Maybe. I'm really loving this design though!

That scale chart is accurate, Ripper is a tall one. Lots of sharp bits too, Ripper is a fitting name. Handle with care! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Spikeytigertron

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to my Ripper shipping. Though I'm still on the fence if I want to order a second one, so I have the Raider Hanger parts for the solo release Legio core. Kind of wishing they'd give us a hint if that's going to be sold separate... especially since it's leaned to heavily into with Legio core's product page (unless they're just going to do several runs or a higher batch of Rippers). I'm also curious if we're gonna get the Purple Dark Cathode Legio to go with the Dark Cathode Ripper's green. Also wondering what colors (presumably) we'll get for the Dark Cathode Mega Grappler release. I'm on the fence if I want those sets since I technically have them with the Raptor and regular ones... but getting some easy troop builders with the exact parts- so you can use the raptor kits for 'whatever' is handy.

Speaking of (!!!) those cheeky lil buggers... they don't confirm what translucent colors (if any) are on the 'raptor' legs for the Mega Grappler... talk about creative photo angles. It's... probably red... but it's *really* hard to tell

• Like Like x 1
  14. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on the translated description, I feel like this will be between the current triverse and powered mover suits size-wise. That picture of the neutral pose suggests a fairly large backpack, so I am wondering if that's where a big part of a bullet core (or possibly motocruiser) would fit. Calling it a Mover (and based on the description), makes me think there will be at least one self-propelled vehicle mode, similar to the current mover sets (but maybe without the need for additional pieces). It would be nice if this ended up being similar in size and price to the legiocore.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda hoping that this new dude has one of the smaller mechsuits as a core, since its upper torso seems a bit bulky even for just a bullet core. But with any luck, they will post more details and possibly pictures in the near future; I'm eager to see what this thing can do!

• Like Like x 2
  16. pamupuma

pamupuma Well-Known Member

Just saw that BBTS has pod granders back in stock. I grabbed two--not sure how many are left.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Iroh Want Eat Like a Fat Happy King small.png

Nice beefy, better proportions, good looking amount of articulation, big fuck off gun, what's not to like? Alright Takara how much are you asking for it now?

• Like Like x 4
  18. 100mega

100mega Well-Known Member

It looks so obvious to me that the chest is a verse core. The arms peg into the holes that are usually found on verse cores and the crotch and legs must detach.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I’m thinking the same thing, perhaps more elaborate though after looking at the two photos we have so far.

Here’s a rough sketch of how I think the Gamma Versaulter will work, using Tridigger’s Bullet Core as an example.

The blue areas show a frame that will be hinged so that it can attach to the ports in the sides, bottom, and back of a Bullet Core. The green areas represent the arms, which may or may not be detachable from the frame.

119EDE2D-97EF-4932-929E-7533C7E52EF7.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  20. 100mega

100mega Well-Known Member

I think you've nailed it!

• Like Like x 4