Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    20191014_141227.jpg 20191101_074052.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yikes! Crushed? As in crushed to the point of breakage or mostly package damage?

I wonder if they’d be selling any in-tact parts separately or if they had to return any damaged units.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Once you get it in hand, i PROMISE you will be thinking just like i was. I need another one of these. Just do it, regrets suck. Remember, you can ALWAYS re sell what you have, but you will pay double for what you do not have in the future.

Diaclone words to live by.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I told them I didn’t care about the packaging but they said the figures themselves were damaged. I assume they were sent back.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dunedain

Holy S#$t !!! The Diaclone Gods, or the NY/NJ Postal system, have smiled upon me today. Just went out on my front porch on this cold Sunday afternoon, and behold before my very eyes, a large brown package. What are those letters i see upon the packing slip? I do beleive they are the letters BBTS.

Thats right, what only yesterday was "scheduled" for Tuesday, today is in my very hands. My DA 75 and DA 76 have arrived.

Woe to the Dianauts!!! Woe to their tiny empire!!! EVOL is upon the land, they shall be trampled beneath my feet, crushed unto dust, there will be no comfort for their souls. I have arrived, and i am MIGHTY!!!

• Like Like x 7
  6. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Awesome!!! Enjoy them, they’re a fantastic pair! And as with the original Gigantor, the difficulty is deciding which mode(s) to keep them in!

Well, damn, now I need to come up with some extra money fast! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That’s a shame. Good toys lost before they could be enjoyed. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  8. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting for my two. I e-mailed them to see if they had an eta a couple weeks ago. They did not have an eta.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dunedain

Thanks brother. I just went out to eat with my daughters, so i have not opened them yet. I am home now, and about to dive in.

I am not one to spend someone elses money, but trust me, when you see the DA 70 in hand, and all its "bells and whistles" you will need another. Honestly, i was about to pull the trigger on some rather expensive after market, compatible, computer consoles and seats, etc, from overseas, and the DA 70 set saved me from having to buy them. Plus the turrets, those smaller double guns from the Battle Buffalo sets, and that bike, equal SOLD.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m so glad I doubled up on DA-70 (and DA-64 to a lesser extent). I actually wish I had ordered two more since I wasn’t originally planning on having so many trailers…

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dunedain

Exactly, its such a great "add on" set, definitely one of the better ones out there. No wasted parts in that set at all.

On a side note. Anybody else think of Transformers or Diaclone whenever they hear that new African Covid variant called Omicron mentioned? Weird

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, you guys are really pushing me towards ordering another DA-70. I already love the Taurus module from Battle Buffalo and the consoles from V-MAX are definitely an excellent accessory. Plus that bike. Okay, look I don’t have the set in hand yet and I’m all set to order another one as soon as my paycheck hits. :D 

At this point I should just have my direct deposit go straight to TakaraTomy. :lol 

I have seen several mentions of omicron bringing Transformers to mind, however the first thing I think of is the Omicron Theta colony from Star Trek: The Next Generation—where Data was created.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dunedain

If you direct deposit it straight to TakaraTomy it would make things just plain easier, and you wouldnt miss out on any releases that way:p .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dunedain

Looking at the second pic i thought i had missed some odd exclusive release, when i saw that yellow/orange ish bike with the blue stripe. I was ready to ask where it came from and about to hunt it down. That is until i realized i had 2 of them in my stash of unopened packages, of the DA-41 Woman nauts set. I forgot they were in there, and from that set.

Which Omega Supreme is that one, by the way? Is that the Titan class? I have the Fans Toys A and B, giant Omega. Gotta bust him out this week and scale him with some Diaclone.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Titan Omega, all the way.
    I usually don't mix stuff with Diaclone pieces, but Omega definitely lends itself nicely to the line.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dunedain

Hey, in reply to your question about how the Pods are packed, they are blocked up with those white cardboard pieces, similar to V-max. Very weird that TT only did this with the V Max and its Pods, but its plenty of "dead" space in those boxes. Idk why they did that, but i am thinking to make the product look bigger, and in turn so they could charge more.

If you broke down the Pod Granders and packaged them accordingly, they probably wouldnt look like a $60 item. Although, honestly, 90% of this line wouldnt either, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly! I could totally put all my paychecks from one of my jobs directly to TT in exchange for delivery of 4x every Diaclone release, delivered immediately upon production. I'm all good with that deal and whatever bonuses might be added. Yeah, bonuses. Cool.

• Like Like x 3
  18. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The knee jerk ‘companies just want more of my welfare check!’ doesn’t really fly so well here.

The boxes are shaped like a cube because the pod is a cube. It’s a very common box shape in japan actually. The exact size is similar to almost all of my tamashii effects parts boxes. The added padding around all sides is for protection to a low supply high demand item.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

“Specimen 4B will have to fight for his right to exist in the rigid and confounding societal structure of the Waruders - Where mutations are prized but expressions of individuality frowned upon…”

Waruder observation log WSR2111C-4B

9A2966CC-C311-4979-A44E-CFB055204E96.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Dunedain

Makes sense, you are probably right. I just wonder why they only did that extra padding strictly for the V-Max and the Pods, unless it is strictly for the Pods themselves.

• Like Like x 1