Takara-Tomy Diaclone Reboot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transmorph633, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 5
  2. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  3. TogeAtama

TogeAtama Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  4. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Gamma is an awesome Maneuver Suit! Any revisit is welcome news to me. I love the shield and just the way those shoulder pieces add to the suit.

We've had black, olive-green, and blue already... But, that doesn't mean it couldn't be a new color or combo... It does seem like the teaser is a bit much for a reissue though.

Gammas do look great in the Sky Jacket and that hasn't been released in a long time, so maybe it is a set? I'd love to see the Sky Jacket in "hero" colors or red.

Polish_20211124_223123148_polarr~3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm so tfsource have DA-26 for $150. I've always wanted 2 of those but gosh darn that's a super high price.

Maybe I'll just wait for a dark cathode version of DA-82...

Also this made me laugh:
    upload_2021-11-25_18-46-3.png

Big oof :p 

• Like Like x 8
  6. TogeAtama

Entirely random, but these guys just seem made for each other… Captions welcome! ;) 

17E05B60-194D-4387-BBEC-6FE61B14490E.jpeg 5FD758F4-9BC7-4AE1-834D-90222EF5523E.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. TogeAtama

You mean $350 USD?! Wow. Here in Japan they go for around $250 or so usually on auctions. I imagine they’re a little harder to find overseas but that’s a little silly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spikeytigertron

Spikeytigertron Well-Known Member

Yeah, Gamma's been my favorite of that series of suits. I don't feel it's a fair comparison to compare them to the V-Movers. What could be cool, is some form of new "orbital drop raid chamber" that maybe stores 2-4 gammas (or other suits). Off-hand I really couldn't even tell you what new colors I'd even want... But also just offering Gammas in any of the already released colors as a new single release... would be a god send. I know they seemed to be one of the most popular of the maneuver series and were heavily troop-built. Considering the 2-pack with the Army colors was a TTM Exclusive- and the blue set was bundled not only with the Delta, but also other base parts 'asking' for $100 for a suit is pretty crazy (assuming one was trying to troop build a blue squad).

I'll also vouch for the awesome-sauce that is/was Sky Jacket. My only quibble is that it was part sprue kit and a lack storage (no meaningful plastic tray). Perhaps it could even be an updated Sky Jacket that integrates with a V-Mover or Bullet Core.

A TTM Dark Cathode DA-82 is probably the better bet, unless you really want the smoked cockpits for the Raptor Heads. It always bothered me that some of the promotional material for DA-34 used the purple suit from DA-26. Though Considering it was a TTM (if not convention) exclusive with a list price of 7260(y) and almost four years old... the price isn't *terrible*. Also the DA-82 TTM Dark Cathode probably won't get you both colors, and will also probably have the silvering on the inside (which looks stellar- i'd be tempted to spray the inside of my waruder suits).

The price for Shadow Dasher (DA-44) is insane though. I caved and paid their (TFS) mark-up on DA-52 (VerRiser 01) and find it hilarious that it cost more than the TTM DA-56 (shadow recolor). Though I blame V-Max Convoy and Sunburst Dasher for that.

Same with TFS' Red Lightning Cosmo add-on (DA-48) for $250 (9680Y MSRP). While I haven't noticed too much of a 'late tax'... those two stand out as an "oh snap!". Though for a while whenever Gammas were in stock those were going for almost $120 a pop too....

God that makes me want to smash order on the rest of the 'blue squad'. I got DA-74 and went back and got DA-40. The 'bent cannon' issue with DA-71 had me cancel my pre-order... but I'm also weighing getting Ghoul/Drago instead... (instead of 'in addition too' x_x).

I didn't think the Gridman X Dia Battles was so much shorter than Buffalo... wow... that makes that a bit of a harder sell for me.

• Like Like x 4
  9. NightCabbage

I caved and bought 2 sets of DA-26 :p 
    I figure, even if they release a nice dark cathode version of DA-82, I'll just get 2 of those, too. And the more the merrier, right, coz they combine in really cool ways! I'm looking forward to seeing how they (and DA-87 dark ripper) will combine with DA75 & 76, too.

This hobby is expensive. lol

• Like Like x 5
  10. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    A Doo-Ron-Ronny-Moe! 0E359494-EE80-4005-A71B-977F5804FB0B.jpeg

Damn I want those, but yeah, makes more sense for me to wait for Cathode Evo. The DA-24 I have coming tomorrow should tide me over until then(he said, knowing that he’s full of B.S.).

I did not need to know that there are toy Peacock Jumping Spiders. I love them. All I hear is the song from the Ze Frank YouTube episode on them.

Funny you mention that, it’s the same for the photos of DA-38. I have a DA-24 incoming just so I can do those combinations.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

Nice! Are those MISB or pre-owned?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spikeytigertron

For the price, I'm presuming they're sealed. I haven't really poked around TFS' site on pre-owned... but I'd imagine they'd flag it as such. It always makes me wonder when old stock pops up though... like the DA-22's that showed up out of nowhere.

13. NightCabbage

You scared me for a second LOL

Luckily it says
    • MISB (Mint in Sealed Box)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

Pricey! But still nice!

• Like Like x 1
  15. NightCabbage

Yes, definitely :S

But it was one of the few older sets that I regretted missing out on, so I thought, better fix that while I have this last chance :p 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spikeytigertron

That's certainly how I felt about DA-52 and DA-40 (although they're not nearly as old). I would almost be tempted to pick up another set of DA-26 to even out my suit numbers (I think I just have two [four total] stangs and flingers [red/blue]) but it feels a little indulgent with some of the other sets up for grabs, and coming out in several months.

Has DA-79 (Shadow Convoy) started shipping out yet (from JP or otherwise). I'm still really on the fence with picking that up too. If anyone's received him, any thoughts? Especially compared to V-Max Convoy if you have him as well?

• Like Like x 1
  17. TogeAtama

Not to enable you or anything but it’s this.
    Saw it in a gacha machine on my vacation and couldn’t resist.

And Ze Frank is great - I can’t pretend I get all of his stuff but enjoyed it quite a bit.

Edit: For using rambler as a bike, the main gun from Jetter makes a great set of handlebars:
    14BAC8C7-E4F7-4326-B081-DCDD96705CAF.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. TogeAtama

Should be coming in this weekend if I’m lucky. Comes with a couple of extra weapons but other than that should be exactly the same core bot just in different colors. I’ll be sure to comment on QC and such but let me know if you’d want to know anything specific!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spikeytigertron

Hopefully his knees are coated better this time around (not that i'd wish chipping upon you- or ask to test it lol). I'm curious what scale his swords are (since I believe- but could be wrong) that the Dasher/Triverse swords are smaller than Dia Battles. I'd also assume he's a pretty close 1/1 match for the rest of the 'shadow' sub-set. Though, I think some of the reds are still a little off (oh well).

• Like Like x 1
  20. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s happening: RK shipped out my Battle Convoy V-Shadow. I hope everyone who ordered is ready.

• Like Like x 10