Takara Tomy Booth at Winter Wonderfest Feb 10th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sam, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I can live with that. Knowing his history, it does make a kind of sense ('First to last...'). In any case I'd rather have a G1 Optimus Voyager robot/cab that combines with his G1 trailer to form Star Convoy than an Orion Pax/trailer combo that turns into vanilla Leader Optimus.

In a way Star Convoy is an alternative version of Powermaster Optimus (sans Powermaster).

I think I would have preferred that approach too. If they're going all G1 Optimus with the other modes, the combined mode could do with some extra Star Convoy touches like that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has lore significance as well. In Battlestars the main baddie created a evil clone of g1 prime called "False Convoy" with the intentions of him infiltrating the autobots and destroying them from the inside.

The autobots did not fall for the ruse, killed false convoy, and then used his body to make Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

tak rev armada ultramagnus.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  4. Murasame

Murasame We like to talk big, vampires do

News Credits:
  5. FatYunChan

FatYunChan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised PE and others haven't made any upgrade parts for POTP Primes like proper thigh and feet fillers. Maybe we'll get them now seeing as we get a third version of the mold.

• Like Like x 3
  6. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I'm in.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Yeah they just sorta peetered out after Volcanicus. Nothing for Elita or Inferno and only hands and feet for Starscream and Abominus.

8. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Has there ever been a time that Takara showed off something unfinished, but there was further retooling on the final figure? I’d really like to hope that is the case with this Star Saber. Retooling the chest panels of the larger robot mode to look more like Star Convoy seems like a no-brained. It seems strange they would retool so much and then omit that key detail. They went through the trouble to tool that gold pointy emblem to lay over the existing faux chest windows. They could have just retooled those chest panels and incorporated that gold pointy trim into the chest panels.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    I was sadly disappointed with the Volcanicus PE set. It basically nullifies the combined mode's thigh articulation, makes him top-heavy and hard to balance, and the new torso is fiddly af to clip together.

I'm shocked they haven't done anything for Siege yet either.

10. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

tak rev armada cybertron optmus.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    yeah! at first i was kinda disappointed to not get a Star Convoy truck mode (and probably no base mode either), but seems like this would really just be *ahem* an evolution of the Evolution Leaders concept, and frankly should work much better the Optimus Shinbackpack.

Hopefully the cab mode will actually be a functional alt mode this go round.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bit of a confession: I’ve been wanting to get into Transformers ever since the Armada days, but I never got any of the toys because my dad thought I was too old for them. And this was when TFs were like “5 or 6 and up” when nowadays they’re 8 and up. He was weird like that.

So yeah, I guess New Armada Optimus is hitting a nostalgic territory for me too. I wonder when we'll hear more about this and Star Convoy.

Is that Galaxy Force red and black Optimus? :eek: 

And is someone cataloging these digital colorings? Because I fragging love them!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

New Armada Optimus has me giddy. I probably own fifteen different Bendimus Primes just because I loved that design so much. To see it in a more modernized style is great.

Some very interesting things going on here. Even if we are beginning to suffer a tiny bit of Optimus/Convoy burnout.

14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    It's kind of amazing how we got to witness three brand-new, amazing looking, entirely different Optimus Prime headsculpts within a single day :lol 

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  15. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Cool. I hope that these will be available in the west without the need for paying import prices. Especially Armada Prime. I was not collecting when Armada originally aired, and I tend to like modern engineering compared to the engineering found in the few Armada toys I have picked up, so I am all in for an update. I do kind of wish that they added a few Mini-Con ports to the new toy like they did for the Armada Megatron and Starscream Generations updates.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Murasame

Murasame We like to talk big, vampires do

News Credits:
    That's true. I did not like most Optimus heads, but Classics, Siege and these are so damn perfect.

• Like Like x 3
  17. superdaddyco

superdaddyco Active Member

Looks like the Star convoy is a heavy retool of the POTP evolution Optimus.  At least that what I can see when you look at the arms and legs.  The feet are the dead giveaway.......

Looks very nice though.

18. artiepants

News Credits:
    ...and there's theoretically 2 more tucked away between Star Convoy's G1 Cab and ML Convoy's Super mode!!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I love how we went from the figure on the right to the new, detailed, and looking to be far more pose able figure on the left. I keep going back to that image of the new Armada Optimus Prime looking over the detail.

NEW Armada Prime VS OLD Armada Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, it's been discussed quite a bit: Seems to me he's sharing: Thighs, feet, most of the arms (although some heavy retooling to incorporate the should turrets) and the truck mode cab front... Still, looks to be nearly as heavy a retool as Big Powered.

• Like Like x 2