Takara Tomy Booth at Winter Wonderfest Feb 10th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sam, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I’ve came up with an official classification for This new Bumblebee, new prime, and MP-36 Megatron. Mullet-formers. Business in the front, mess in the back. Actually Mulletpiece!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's pretty helpful for those of us who've just come to this thread, imo. I've read the 90+ pages so far, but I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to do that.

I'd actually recommend frontpaging StrifeZ's post.

• Like Like x 3
  3. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hrm yeah I missed that. You're right. It's probably that. Oh well. Sad they'll take the fake chest short cut. The toy is ready made for the mods I said.

I do think the boots are going to have some trickery though, somehow making the PotP Orion Pax "back" the front. Question is, how do they do that without having the wheels facing front too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See that's what I'm unsure about too. My assumption is either there is an ankle rotation hidden by the side flap or that from this angle we cant see it but the wheels will fold onto the side of the legs we cant see from this angle exposing a new optimus style shin.

Either way, with the added engineering this is going to be an objective improvement over the POTP version (in terms of being a toy)

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I think people are letting me their imaginations run a little too wild. It feels like *something* is going on with Seige Jetfire beyond what we've seen, but I don't think Armada Prime is related.

There may be a later Armada Jetfire released.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    The way I see it, the remolding is actually more extensive than what we can observe right now. Apart from the external main robot mode stuff, they've also apparently also modified Orion Pax into a G1 Optimus Prime. That's not a minor remold, imo.

As for the truck mode, I wouldn't be surprised if they've made a few more Star Convoy-like changes to it that we can't see.. For example, they could easily swap out the double back wheels for tank treads, like the original.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I can't imagine there won't be some way to make the cab a long nose. That's what Star Convoy is. My best guess is either extra parts that become weapons, or maybe some extra fold out panels on the trailer. Sort of like how Rodimus has those two big panels his trailer has that clamp onto him. It would be odd to remold that much, only to stop at the front of the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Grumpy Old Veteran

News Credits:
    Some of those MP 10 repaints look really cool. I really like the Black, white and teal one.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    That's the thing... I don't really think this is "Legends Star Convoy". Not really. Not in the way LG-EX Dai Atlas is "CHUG Dai Atlas".

I think this is a celebration / homage figure for the 35th anniversary. A cab that turns into a likeness of the G1 toy, which is something that's never been done. A trailer which through visual inspection in my post a page or two back, is unchanged externally (in terms of panels) in vehicle mode from the PotP release. And then a combined trailer+cab robot mode that homages the last G1 toy, Star Convoy. So "First becomes Last', something like that.

Thinking it over, I don't actually think there is an appropriate mold that could be modified for Star Convoy's vehicle form yet. But this makes a not bad hold over for a robot mode.

I'd say, given what seems to be going on here, the "real" CHUG Star Convoy is yet to come.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    To add to that, I saw someone else post this, but it seems like they're going to imitate the art on the back of Star Convoys box where G1 Prime is seen becoming Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    I just noticed something.

[​IMG]

They remolded the top of the shoulder piece and the back of the shoulder (removing the smokestack) and put the guns on a hinge. Why? Because they fold backwards.

[​IMG]

The yellow rectangles are where the hinge would be. This is a picture of the PotP Trailer interior from the bottom. The Star Convoy guns, when folded back 180 degrees would allow the same transformation. The bottom of that new panel would be touching the top of bottom (obverse) side of the Super Robot mode's chest "top". The turrets dome would be pointing towards the bottom of the waist.

In other words, the turrets are stored internally. This trailer is 100% going to look like G1 Optimus Prime (and thus, like PotP Optimus) and not Star Convoy. Only the super mode is Star Convoy. The rest - the cab and untransformed trailer is going to be a very toy-like G1 Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  12. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

They may do that. If they do, he’ll still have faux front windows that aren’t the actual cab windows. Either they do what you suggested or they retool Orion Pax’s torso with faux cab windows. There’s no escaping him having faux windows in his smaller robot form. Personally, I would prefer they retool the Orion Pax torso to resemble Optimus Prime’s torso and then retool those larger faux windows to resemble Star Convoy’s upper torso. I think that would have been the better route to go in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    "Wooow! I think I drank a little too much Engex."

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I really doubt anyone outside of Japan is going to stock on Optimus Prime figures that are mainly intended for the Japanese market.

Sorry. The force made me do it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you mean like how no western sellers stocked super or god ginrai?

• Like Like x 2
  16. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Powermaster OP...

• Like Like x 1
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    different character and remolded figure, plus i was piggybacking on the sarcasm of someone thinking western sellers might not carry a japanese prime figure

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Gusion

not sure if already posted here,

• Like Like x 6
  19. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    I guess I can live with that. Knowing his history, it does make a kind of sense ('First to last...'). In any case I'd rather have a G1 Optimus Voyager robot/cab that combines with his G1 trailer to form Star Convoy than an Orion Pax/trailer combo that turns into vanilla Leader Optimus.

In a way Star Convoy is an alternative version of Powermaster Optimus (sans Powermaster).

I think I would have preferred that approach too. If they're going all G1 Optimus with the other modes, the combined mode could do with some extra Star Convoy touches like that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has lore significance as well. In Battlestars the main baddie created a evil clone of g1 prime called "False Convoy" with the intentions of him infiltrating the autobots and destroying them from the inside.

The autobots did not fall for the ruse, killed false convoy, and then used his body to make Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 2