Takara Tomy Booth at Winter Wonderfest Feb 10th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sam, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would not be cool with that, they wouldn'...would they?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of that myself. It would make a lot of sense because how else are they going to release a voyager Optimus Prime that can combine with his trailer to be an 11 or 12 inch super robot?

• Like Like x 1
  3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume the doors behind the head are where the head goes in alt mode and they just flip forward to hide it in robot mode.

Also I think micromasters can ride around in the backpack, kinda like how you can put countdown in Omega's tank.

4. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Ah shit! Black Arachnia will be bought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. goobahead1

goobahead1 chug enthusiast

Ebay:
    also to go with my earlier post about sky garry and grandus... new sixliner when!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm all for anything bringing back the classic Hotshot memes and jokes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 21
  7. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'd love a new RID Optimus, especially after the QC clusterfuck the Japanese reissue was. I almost bit and am glad I never bought it.

• Like Like x 6
  8. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

if you look at the physical photo, at the back of his head i think you can see the top of Skyfire's blue head crest thing sticking up from the back.

so yes, they would do that, but i also think thats why the "helmet" design is so generic, that why when you have him in skyfire mode it doesn't really look like he has a second face on the back of his head. though in armored mode he'll just have a skyfire face on the back of his head...

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Micron Legend Convoy looks like the figure we SHOULD have gotten with a follow up to RiD instead of the embarrassment that line was top to bottom. Looks awesome. Headsculpt and arm guns and hand cannon are all so great looking. He just looks perfect in almost every regard. Hopefully he's got transparent windows to keep it up. Heck, he looks more like "Masterpiece" then most of what Takara is shilling as Masterpiece these days (Far, far more interesting then MP44 Tighty Whiteys)

Star Convoy looks impressive all things considering, but the G1 chest popping through from PotPs Prime looks a bit janky. Hopefully deco will make that look better, but i want the windows to be shaped right and i doubt they can pull off him having a long nosed cab. (but would love to be proven wrong)

Why is the news story referring to the Convoys as Siege figures, aren't they LG-EX like Big Powered?
    Aesthetically, they are all kinds of different from Siege. (not all covered with crazy greebles)

Jetfire looks really good, but he looks just stupid large behind those Voyagers. And i'm really surprised Takara display him with all the goofy armor on, he looks terrible that way (that helmet is REALLY bad). Nice to see the Jet mode without the armor, looks way better and confirms it has vertical stabilizers.

Masterpiece Bumblebee V2 just looks like a disaster and an embarrassment. How far the G1 MP line has fallen. That backpack. Those feet. That head sculpt. That fake chest. ugh. :puke: 

the Beast Masterpieces continue to impress, though. They're out of my price range at my BW interest level, but man they all look great... but yeah, B.A.'s got a bit much anatomy going on...

I haven't seen anything yet, has the story come out on those Nike MP-10s? i'm just assuming they'll be made from pure unobtanium...
    I've got Flywheels, Triggerhappy, Slugslinger, Darkwing and Sixshot on my desk, and Flywheels does feel a LITTLE nicer, but the "quality improvement" as reported on these boards is grossly exaggerated IMHO. It's mostly just the lack of visible hollows that makes them seem nicer. (and consequently adds to a feeling of "heft") but aside from the silly "grunge" paint they are still as relatively paintless as the Prime Wars trilogy. And there's really apparently been no major QC improvement with all the issues people are having with stress marks, panels not tabbing, Flywheels tank mode not going together, Magnus needing his smokestacks sanded to be put together...

• Like Like x 4
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Please, that's eye to eye with MP Star Saber.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, as I'm not interested in MPs since they went in the G1-cartoon-slavesih thing, I can't say exactly, but I feel like it's been weeks we're hearing about a new cartoon accurate MP Bee..

Looks small to carry deluxe figs.

The more I look at the whole figure, the more I wonder if it's not simply where the arms are hidden in jet mode. I can't find them otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DrOblivian

i found the thing

"he WFC-S28 JETFIRE figure stands at 11 inches in robot mode and converts into a Cybertronian aircraft. JETFIRE figure comes with 2 JF-25 HS Photon Missile Sky Launchers, 2 HS Photon Missiles, 2 JF-15 HP Jetboost Particle Beam Cannon, 2 SF-M2 Radiograph Boosters, Skyshield Aerial Armor, and Skyshield Battle Mask accessories. Use weapon and armor accessories to convert figure to C.O.M.B.A.T. READY mode. Figure features multiple C.O.M.B.A.T. System weapon ports to attach weapons, enabling custom configurations in bot and vehicle modes. JETFIRE has a special feature where Deluxe figures’ (each sold separately, subject to availability) attach to jet mode so fans can imagine them being deployed into battle from above. Adult fans nostalgic for the original TRANSFORMERS animation and kids discovering classic characters for the first time can share and experience exciting play patterns for all generations."

13. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

So im guessing the Armada Prime is the second commander class figure. So are we getting a decepticon for that size? Can Jetfire possibly combine with armada prime? And if we do get a decepticon commander can it be Tidalwave please or as a Titan Class to oppose Omega Supreme I feel like Tidal Wave should be his opposite number

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    i hav FEEEET!11
    yAy!

• Like Like x 2
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I think they'll need to do a new Armada Jetfire from the ground up.

• Like Like x 6
  16. DrOblivian

naw man, if we are getting an Armada Prime, then that means a potential Megatron, and Tidalwave has to be able to combine with Megatron. i would prefer a Tidalwave who can combine with megatron over a titan class Tidalwave.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

OH DARK POISON OF MY HEART...

4370EABE-904C-459E-8A38-33291BAB9BF4.gif

• Like Like x 20
  18. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

So my dream of a new (and good) Armada Hot Shot figure might come true? I'm not dreaming, am I?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Normally id agree but if they if they are the same size class and line it seems too coincidental especially cause that New Jetfire is already trying to capture multiple elements of the OG toy/character.

20. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I'm stoked as hell for Star Convoy, but...Armada, huh?

It's okay, Takara. You don't need to make a CHUG Fire Convoy. It's okay. I get it.

:cry 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.