Takara-Tomy Age of Extinction Toy Catalog

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah AD 26-30 are the 5 I was asking about.

2. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

What makes me wonder is that Takara deliberately showcases their new stuff, as well as Black Knight Grimlock in his darker deco...but every other toy is shown exactly as the Hasbro ones are. Does that mean all of them will be using the Hasbro decos, just with more paint apps and such? That would mean I could just go buy the regular retail Dinobots and not feel finicky about them not being movie accurate...

Of course, the movie also isn't out yet, so that's a thing.

3. donaldhuman

donaldhuman Maximal Defector

The thing is these toy catalogs are meant for retailers and get leaked to the public so they aren't really meant to generate buying hype or anything like that.

And Tonyformer, okay. Yeah there isn't really any more information there other than that. The only thing the other translation didn't say is that New Bumblebee is a temporary name, but that's probably pretty obvious :lol 

4. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Oh, I fully understand that, but one would also think they're looking to showcase what the product actually looks like. The fact that they're using the same stock photography as Hasbro makes me wonder, is all. And if they are the same colors maybe I just ought to buy the Hasbro ones and save money, and nab Takara ones for a few things like the exclusives and Grimmy.

5. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    I think the black knight Grimlock is just a gray scale version of hasbro's official images.

6. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

So they are re-releasing the legends Devastator again

7. donaldhuman

donaldhuman Maximal Defector

That's definitely a good point, but I guess the retailers just don't care enough and it's a lot easier for Takara to just use Hasbro's pictures.

8. mattyou78

mattyou78 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're probably just placeholder images. The initial pics that came out for AD01 were the stock photos for the Hasbro leader figure.

9. Prime135

News Credits:
    The only thing I would worry about with takara's decos is drift, he was described as having gold trim on one of their product listings like the concept art. Since the hasbro one is simply the wrong color I would hope they change it to blue trim to match the final design.

10. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

Starscream and Soundwave??? They bring these 2 guys back to life??

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I'm sure the 3 deluxes are Lockdown, Stinger and Bumblebee.

12. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No because one is a Dinobot.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As much as I want there to be a second Deluxe Bumblebee, I'm really hoping the two non-Dinobot mystery Deluxes are Lockdown and Stinger. I'll settle for getting just the High Octane Bumblebe if those two get Generations figures.

I imagine the mystery Dinobot Deluxe will probably be Snarl. Hopefully he retains his Stegosaurus alt-mode, or at least part of it, since Slug took his tail design. The Voyagers are most likely Slog, aka Sludge, and a Decepticon Drift.

That said, we'll just have to wait and see. I just hope we don'r have to wait too much longer to get some confirmation on whether or not certain characters will be getting the Generations treatment.

14. Prime135

News Credits:
    For everyone speculating that the mystery figures are lockdown or new bee read the translated list I posted. Also, Hasbro did say at toy fair that every character in the movie would get a generations release.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I keep seeing people mention this, yet the closest confirmation of this statement that I've been able to find is that every Dinobot in the movie will be getting a toy. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just haven't seen the proof for myself.

That said, plans change, so something being said at Toy Fair doesn't necesarily mean it's guaranteed to happen.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Looks like Decepticon Helicopter Drift is a real thing after all.

Seriously Takara knock it off using the Hasbro version for promos?

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wonder if A18 and A19 are in fact the Rally Fighter/Vehicon from AOE and that unreleased DOTM G1 Wheeljack retool of DOTM Que? After all I think I recall reading about the Rally Fighter getting a toy in the line and the G1 Wheeljack retool of DOTM Que would be make sense seeing as how the repaints of DOTM Soundwave and Ratchet are part of the Advanced line.

I'm not surprised to see the two other Dinobots on the list too. As for Drift I'm guessing he could be that Decepticon helicopter before he became an Autobot car.

18. Prime135

News Credits:
    I was reading seibertron and tfw for toy fair coverage, if I remember correctly one said it was every character, and one said it was every Dinobot. But yeah if DOTM proves anything, it's that plans change.

19. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are you so sure that the Rally will get a toy? There has been absolutely no confirmation of him being a transformer at all.

The movie characters we are missing are Lockdown, Stinger and new Bee, there's no way that the Sonic is so important as a character that he would have been kept under wraps until now.
    It's possible that they might make a toy for the sake of it, but then again, they seem to be being fairly conservative this time, releasing in film characters only.

I'd much rather see figures of the Trax's or other supercars.

20. warungkopi

warungkopi Member

News Credits:
    i am waiting for good mold of OP. whatever class is fine. at least as good as RoTF or HFtD Prime.

i mean, come on, the best AoE Prime i've seen so far is evasion mode voyager class. Ain't he the main character? why are there are no love for him?