Takara Siege SG-47 ASTROTRAIN

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darkstone, Oct 9, 2019.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I prefer the darker gray version.

2. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    132DF2A6-DC9A-4118-A198-3A1A1862BEB2.jpeg 634F3575-F5A6-4315-BEBB-8A8A308AB9E3.jpeg
    I prefer the taller one ... on the right.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

TR Astrotrain has it in height and and bot mode, but his alt modes are poor compared to the new seige Astrotrain. Seige has got the cartoon touch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very torn on this guy. I think I want him, but I absolutely do not want to pay a Leader price for a sub-Voyager figure.

TR Astrotrain is currently on my shelf, and I think I like the look of this guy more overall, in terms of all the modes. I tend to prefer more "modern" interpretations for my CHUG figures, so I very much liked the original Classics Astrotrain with his bullet train alt mode, but he's ultimately too small for a current display.

We'll see where end ends up price wise down the line. Shockwave, another questionable Leader Class figure, is priced much more affordably lately, so hopefully the same fate befalls Astrotrain.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

That scratching on the top looks terrible. He shows off all the issues with Siege. Too many panels, looks like a bunch of blocks, and exorbitant pricing.

6. SammySaturn

SammySaturn Well-Known Member

I\'m so excited for this big boy, it\'s crazy. I love Astrotrain so much. Only thing I wish, and this is just me, is that we got a more Heart of Steel Bumblebee/ Thomas the tank engine/ little steam engine design.  Would love to see what he would look like smaller and more compact. But despite that, I\'m very excited for this guy!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Or, rather than half ass Shockwaves alt mode so they could shove in his gun mode as an Easter egg, Hasbro could’ve just given him an actual alt mode and we could’ve gotten a decent Shockwave figure at a decent price. The fact that we’re having to pay an additional $20 (well not anymore. Last I checked on amazon yesterday, it’s $30) for junk that Hasbro had to include to “disguise his gun mode” makes it even more ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

This, this, and this.... CONCUR

• Like Like x 2
  9. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

I agree totally on this point, & almost put it in my reply (but felt it was long enough as it is!), the only question then is how many people would then kick off about about Shockwave having an inaccurate alt mode, especially since his earlier Prime Wars figure had that alt mode.

I think if we’d had a few Shockwave Voyager figures by this point Hasbro may have done so, but there was considerable pushback on the previous ‘War for Cybertron’ Deluxe Shockwave on his design & alt mode as well as his size and likely HasTak figured it was better to go this way and give fans a ‘perfect’ version (the previous poster even acknowledged it was the definitive Shockwave)

Personally I think either way fans would have been disappointed, but what I would say (especially with the new Astrotrain) is just don’t buy it at full price & wait for a discount! Astrotrain is in 2 consecutive waves across two lines & will be everywhere (the first waves are always overstocked anyway), there’ll be a Black Friday or Amazon or New Year deal or the like & just pick him up cheap then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AOEGalvatronRox

News Credits:
    The thing is is that I feel Astrotrain is actually worth the $50 (even I’m surprised that I’m saying that since, just a few weeks ago, I was vocal in my disappointment that we're having to pay more for what is so obviously a voyager figure). He comes with a coal tender which turns into pieces of armor and a launch pad for his shuttle mode. Then there are the weapons he comes with. He looks like he’s worth the 50 bucks.

I would argue Shockwave is the only leader figure so far that just isn’t worth the price. As I said, if they’d given him a decent vehicle mode like a tank, we could’ve gotten an amazing looking Shockwave at a decent price. That’s my only issue. The stuff that’s included with the other leader figures serves an actual purpose. In Shockwave’s case, it’s just additional junk that not very many people use (for emphasis, I said “not very many”. I just don’t want someone to think I’m speaking for everyone).

• Like Like x 1
  11. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Seeing as how each Walmart I've ever gone to has 2-5 shelfwarming Shockwaves, people agree with you.

After seeing Astrotrain. I'm cancelling my preorder. TR looks better. Both alt modes are equally lousy. If I want a train, then I'll just buy a model train. I mostly display my bots as bots anyway. Rarely in alt modes, unless it's awesome, and not the case here.

After WFC, I'm probably exiting Hasbro TF altogether.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll take Siege Astrotrain anyday over TR.

Never cared for making everyone a Titan/Headmaster and the pointy tap dancing feet kill me.

• Like Like x 7
  13. AOEGalvatronRox

News Credits:
    Different strokes for different folks. I personally think this Astrotrain looks much better than the TR version. It actually looks like there’s some complexity involved instead of putting the figure in a borderline static pose for the shuttle mode or making the figure do the splits and placing the arms on top of the legs for the train mode.

I may not even stick with the entire trilogy. I’ll continue collecting Siege, but after that it’ll just be Studio Series that I collect from. I just have a hard time getting hyped for Earth Rise since it’s going to consist of designs we’ve seen rehashed multiple times.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Matchbox

Matchbox Mild Collector

I kinda wish they continued the battle damage to the Front of the Shuttle

15. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    But wingtips are so spiffy! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  16. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Your opinion and my opinion differ.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    For some, height = $ or vice versa

18. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Am I in the minority or was I the only one who liked 9 inch leader robot toys like Sixshot ,Overlord?

The folks complaining over hollowness of robot modes feel like a faint memory compared to the new throng complaining of it's too short.

I like Astrotrain and will get him since his alt modes ,robot modes generally look great to me. I don't care for the tender except in train mode. The multiple guns are cool.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev Only $400, anyone can afford that, right?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Yep

20. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev Only $400, anyone can afford that, right?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube: