Takara Power of the Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Dec 1, 2017.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    No official announcement by both parties involved = no confirmation that the so called merger\ take over even happened. Geez.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have been summoned!

I think it could still happen. I'm willing to hold on to my preorder for now.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Some of them looked different so it threw me off. But clearly it's part of the expectations here not to do that. Understandable

5. illithid

illithid Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If their release for these figures are identical to the Hasbro ones, can I at least get to apply the stickers by myself like their Arms Micron line? Takara, please?

It might be that their budget went elsewhere, like to buff up the decos for the Studio line and the UW boxsets.
    Remember that we get identical TLK release while TR and Legends are separate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinobot Grimlock

Dinobot Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I want Leader Class Optimus Prime 

7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, when you're proven wrong, are you gonna come into this thread and apologize for what an aggressive asshole you're being? Like, I get it, you prefer Takara. In many cases, I do to! But you're being blind to the differences in this situation and kinda just bein a dick in general.

• Like Like x 15
  8. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I do not understand why people are upset about the Legends toy line ending as it has already lasted longer than expected. Most modern TakaraTOMY toy lines has only about 30 figures; Legends has already doubled that amount. Rebranding is just what they do regularly to keep things fresh; Henkei! Henkei!, United, Generations, .etc

What is disappointing is that TakaraTOMY is actually going to follow Hasbro's Power Of The Primes concept instead of something more Generation 1.
    This is very unlike them.

I do have faith that the more important characters like the Dinobots, Abominus, and Predaking will still get the premium treatment.

• Like Like x 6
  9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I’m wondering if this is an anomaly and not a sign for thing to come.

Could be that Takara wants to release these figures but does not want to bother trying to justify or explain the whole Power of the Primes thing. That this is their way of quickly and easily releasing these figures, but not doing so in either of their Generations based lines.

That we’ll only see figures in their version of Power of the Primes that they can’t justify releasing in Legends (if it continues) or Unite Warriors (if that too continues). This would include any of the Prime / Pretender figures, the Scout size (since there isn’t anything to partner them with since Legends were either in 2 packs with another Scout, a Headmaster, or released in Adventure, back when Adventure was a thing). While the Leaders are too focused on the respective play feature (integrated with the whole Prime Master feature with the matrices). That this leaves us with the Leaders, the Prime Masters, and anyone that can’t be shunted with a combiner (i.e. Jazz) to be released in the line. Since anyone who is not going to be put in a box set either relies on the Prime Masters or is a random combiner limb without a group to combine with.

Then this would mean that the Dinobots, the Terrorcons, and possibly the female Autobots seeing a release in a continuation of Unite Warriors. As for Legends, we’ve had long spans without releases from that line before, if it were to continue later on.

Just some random thoughts (or mostly hopes :D ).

• Like Like x 5
  10. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    According to pricing for Optimus Prime on Amazon Japan, that is less than USD $52 for a Leader Class figure...Unless they are hitting more on shipping fees, there is no way that TakaTom could justify the extra costs to put in further efforts (better paint, retools, additional accessories & etc) into what Hasbro has already done.

Remember that LG line has a much higher SRP so naturally TakaTom could deliver more for that line.

At this point, I'm quite pessimistic about getting more when I see these at cheaper prices as compared to what previous Japanese version goes for.

• Like Like x 1
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    no. no apologies needed. ;p

12. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys... some interesting discussion and things noticed happening in the other thread (quoting purely for convenience) that may indicate things are a little more different than they initially seem...

While the arms being hidden could just be angle, the wrist swivels do seem to be there. Does the Hasbro version have them? If not, that's one mold difference at least.

Yep, look at that image guys. Unless it's just a photoshop error or mistransformation, the spoiler is definitely different, as is the back bit it sits behind in the Hasbro version.

This could be nothing, and as I said before, I'm actually okay with the Hasbro versions as is (in fact, I honestly only ordered these because I can't find the Hasbro versions anywhere for preorder at my usual haunts lol.) But if these really are mold differences, I would be very surprised indeed if they went to the expense of new molding or tooling, but DIDN'T go to the expense of different paint apps.

So... maybe we all need to just chill and wait for final product images. These COULD be preliminary, or unfinished.

PotP Diffs.jpg

That said, if not, I'm still okay with it either way personally.

• Like Like x 3
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^Yeah, sorry I sounded like a complete asshat and aggressively seemingly to 'protecting' Takara. It's not frustration either. It's the fact that almost everyone here is jumping the gun and saying that these will be exactly like the Hasbro releases. No paint, crappy stickers, etc. It's not even 2018 yet and Takara themselves have not put up their official pics on their website, twitter feed etc. Like, chill the fuck up, guys. :lol 

Edit: OK, so I stand corrected. More 'official product shots' on Takara's official TF website. It's six months away from their official POTP Takara release. This is the first time they have been half bothered to release something other than the usual higher standard fare. I smell something fishy involving Hasbro...

PP-09 オプティマスプライム|トランスフォーマーオフィシャルサイト|タカラトミー

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Somebody needs to email Takara and ask if they are going to do any cosmetic changes to these POTP toys. I need to know, dammit! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I'm more inclined to think that these are placeholder images. I'd be really surprised if Takara released Optimus with the gray hands. But whatever, I guess we'll know for sure eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  16. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
  17. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's next? Abominus with a grey helmet and grape face?

Hopefully when Unite Warriors returns it doesn't devolve to this.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Only the Autobots were new molds, and they still released most of the BH figures in Adventure anyway. Besides that, Go did very poorly.

19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still reserving judgment until we see final, close to release, images, given the apparent mold changes to Rodimus. It would just be weird to me for them to do that but not change paint apps at ALL. Not saying that's not the case, just saying I'm reserving judgment until we know for certainty whether this is the case, or the mold differences are just mistransformations or photoshop errors or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Not completely surprising, considering Trypticon ended up identical. Maybe they want to aim this toy line at a younger audience, who doesn't care about extra paint applications or cartoon accuracy. I'm interested in seeing what sort of story they come up with for this line.