Takara or Hasbro Masterpiece?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jacranky, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Which Masterpiece version do you tend to prefer/buy?

1. Takara Masterpiece

24 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Hasbro Masterpiece

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. Both - Because I'm a completist and need to have it all!

16 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I went with Takara. I prefer their versions for the most part and will probably continue to do so. I do have two Hasbro MPs; 20th Ann Prime and Starscream. Both great figures and I much prefer the colour scheme over MP-03. But I also have MP-04 since Prime's alt. mode looks so much better with the trailer.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Hasbro is cheaper. Hasbro wins.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I dont buy takara items simply because they are more than i want to spend on toys so i gotta say hasbro. Hell i am not happy with the price tag of hasbro MP grimlock not to say i regret buying him he is an awesome figure but still ouch.

4. Boy Constrictor

Boy Constrictor Well-Known Member

where's the igear option

no seriously, my preorder of faith leader is the closest thing i have to a masterpiece

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I voted both (i'm not a completionist however) because i really do like the masterpiece line and so far i've liked figures from both.

6. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I have the Grimlock and the Megatron Materpieces and they are both from Takara and Im going to pre order the Rodimus prime Masterpiece from Takara very soon, could anyone tell me how I can start a thread ?

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I voted for both.... but not because I'm a completist. I sometimes buy doubles of figures I really like.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    usually the takara ones look nicer, except skywarp and starscream, american MP Skywarp is beautiful!

i usually go hasbro cause it is more affordable, but i'll take takara if i can get it

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus - Hasbro
    Megatron - Takara (duh)
    Starscream and other seekers - Hasbro
    Grimlock - Both.

Rodimus ... We shall see, depending on which rumors turn out to be true.

10. DancingMonkey

DancingMonkey Active Member

I picked both. I'm just missing MP-1:(  If i had to choose i would pick Takara

11. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I once had the Hasbro Optimus Prime, and the Takara Starscream. I would stick with Hasbro because they give the better price, but waiting for Hasbro to release them here is sort of unbearable, hence why I had the Takara Starscream.

Packaging isn't important to me. In my opinion the Hasbro packaging is their regular crap and the Takara packaging is that annoying mainstream glossy black that smells toxic if you get it new. Even the power supply I got for my computer had it... What I like more is the actual shipping box, so I can ship other transformers or the MP after I've had my kicks.

12. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

I have igear's faith leader, nemesis and clear versions as well butI don't count them as a part of the masterpiece line, more like the leader versions of my C.H.U.G. collection.

I can see why you ask that, but its really about getting a gauge of which people prefer over the other considering all of the differences:

*Paint apps
    *Releasing timing
    *Packaging
    *Price
    *Accessibility/Availability
    *Accessories

I would say, aside from Starscream (the Hasbro version having the more accurate cartoon color scheme over the more "realistic" metal color), my preferences have been the Takara versions.

*Takara paint apps are generally better (IMO - with the exception of the aforementioned SS)
    *They get released earlier
    *I prefer the packaging over Hasbro's crappy "uniquely-shaped" packaging (I have so many toys (not just TF but many others) that I have to rotate my displays and put away toys and currently all of my MPs are stored away except for Hasbro MP Prime because his packaging is horrible and I can't put him back in there or easily store him in there.
    *The higher prices for Takara versions are worth it to me. I'm used to high prices of designer vinyl toys and the engineering that goes into these MPs make them worth the price.
    *Accessibility/Availability hasn't been an issue for me as most of the Takara versions I've bought online. The only exception has been, once again, Hasbro SS, I had to look through multiple WalMarts for him, but finally found him after the 5th(?) store.
    *Accessories don't matter so much to me. Grimlock's crown would have been nice for the Takara version but I got a Hasbro version too so its a nice bonus. The only real exception to the accessory differences is if the Rodimus rumor ends up being true about the trailer; but I have Takara's version pre-ordered anyway.

13. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Hasbro because I prefer not to pay double for the same item.