Takara Night Bird Shadow, Slipstream, Blackarachnia

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bigkid24, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm intrigued to see these in color. The only one I'd likely consider getting is Nightbird, just for the novelty and because it's a great mold, but I might be swayed for Blackarachnia because Beast Wars. I wonder if it would be at all possible to get a respectable Tarantulas remold from that...

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I will probably get all of them just to have females in my Decepticon team.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only Transformer from 1995 that's any good is Laser Optimus Prime.

...and I don't even like it.

:p 

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I highly doubt there's anyone skilled enough to make Tarantulas out of her, and if people think Blackarachnia's beast mode looks bad now cause of the retool could you imagine the huge mandibles on that poor tarantula?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    nooooooooo I was agreeing with you so much until noooooowwww

6. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

I was looking to see if anyone else noticed that XD When I looked at the spider mode I noticed the fangs seemed to have been replaced by some weird cup things, then when I looked at the robot mode I noticed her boob plates were connected where the fangs used to be XD I wonder if this is some sort of reference to the chest plate thing from the Transmetals Blackarachnia.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I need that Slipstream. Not quite WFC, but I'll fuckin take it. I also like the Nightbird. Nooot gonna get Black Arachnia cause I never really liked that kinda character.

8. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I take it this will be a set. If single I'm more partial to slipstream. Found it funny that TT pulls a 3p move making Arcee into Nightbird.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They're single releases, each with a number designation and will retail for 3100 yen each. (if it was 3100 yen for all three it'd be a steal)

10. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, I'm not so hot for Nightbird, and avoid BW related stuff for lack of attachment and preservation of shelf space. Then again I did get the PE one, but a motorcycle fits in better with the rest.

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    If I had to guess the deco and character are probably not interesting enough for Fyn Pub to bother. Maybe years ago they would have, but there is too much competition to waste time on an idea that will probably need t end up very appealing. :) 

Randy

12. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes, we do.

Because except with Chromia, those extra parts were designed at the planning stage. It's more expensive to come up with this stuff after the mold is finalized.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    So I did up some rough color mockups to see how Slipstream and Blackarachnia would look.

Slipstream looks amazing.

Attached Files:

14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Hey, I love you.

:lol 

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Can you do one of Nightbird?

16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simply amazing.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn, more girlbots for me to buy. I wonder if there will be a Hasbro release for ANY of these. Doubt I'll take any chances on 'wait and see' though.

Nightbird looks OK, though I've always been iffy on using Arcee as the base, obvious as it may be.

Slipstream is interesting. Any new details are obviously influenced by Animated Starscream-lady-clone more than others. Kinda wish they changed the wings to drop the VTOL fans, but that's presumably asking a bit much. Hope the toy doesn't look terribly out of place among Animated toys.

a BW Blackarachnia remold of Animated Blackarachnia works better than I might expect, but still an obvious halfway measure (hands instead of claws, different arrangements of legs and spider-parts, but the boobs are there, and that's the important thing, right? :D  ) The boob-face on the spider mode is kinda silly, though they do vaguely resemble the pedipalps of some male spiders (for more gender-confused Transformer fun). Animated BA is a fairly tall deluxe too, and will be big next to deluxe Beast Wars and Generations BW toys. Perhaps my biggest disappointment is that a remold BA would seem to imply that a new-mold toy is unlikely anytime soon.

Sigh - I'll never have a Blackarachnia and a Silverbolt toy that scale with each other.

18. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

To the people that don't like that this Nightbird figure transforms into an alt mode, just superglue the transforming parts together and voila, it can't transform! You can even cut apart the giant backpack.

Blackarachnia is going to tower over the other two in bot mode. Not that I care. I have no idea how she's supposed to scale in her show.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree. I like the Cyberjets and Combat Hero Megs/Optimus. If we are to compare Laser Optimus to current voyagers, it's aged quite well. The Cyberjets are close to parity with current legends and are a little bigger. Combat Hero Megs and Optimus are bigger than current deluxes iirc while having similar articulation without the hollowness.

Mind you I'm not complaining nor looking at the last g2 figures with Rose tinted glasses. Things are the way they are now because of the economic realities/limitations Hasbro has faced as the years went on. I may not like it but I've come to accept it.

So in some cases like Black Arachnia, I'm more satisfied with a retool of a pre-2012 figure than I would be with an all new deluxe mold, given how current deluxes are.

20. Risk Prime

Risk Prime Member

A new Blackarachnia is wholly appreciated, BUT GIVE ME A SILVERBOLT TO ACCOMPANY!!!