Takara MP-23 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'm guessing close to Christmas. It was right before Christmas that TT unveiled Wheeljack's silhouette. We've got "Exhaust" in February and Star Saber in March, so the next one might not be till August, though of course I'm hoping for sooner. If we got at least two leader sized Decepticons next year (Megatron, Galvatron, and/or Shockwave) and maybe the Insecticons or the start of a combiner team, that would be mind blowing. The truth is I'm happy for any more G1 MPs. I'm jonesing for Ironhide pretty badly.

2. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

Xmas does sound about right for the reveal. Like a lot of ppl A new scaled Megatron is what I'm hoping for followed by the Insecticons. I'm not sure if Takara can compete against fantoys's quakewave....that thing was the perfect rep of shockwave. I'm not feeling the combiners right now...kinda played out...just like the dinobots, which fantoys is rokn out as well.. I would like to see takara tackle an MP triple-changer....say oh I don't.... Perhaps Astrotrain... Now that I think would be bada$$

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I seem to recall Wheeljack being pushed back to August because of the AoE line, I could be wrong though.

4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Yep, it was painfully obvious what attributed to the delay. Just go to WalMart and look at all the excess inventory soon to be on clearance. This happens every movie cycle, they pump out so much they have to shut everything else down for awhile. Hence the big gap in Generations which is now picking back up finally. I think they'll learn not to do this next time after 2 failed movie lines.

The biggest thing I am hoping for post Star Saber is an acceleration of the MP line, especially when it comes to cheaper figures like the cars. I would like to see one release a month. Or even multiple releases at the same time like with other lines. Yes, that is expensive, but I'd be surprised if the market wouldn't support it. It would go a long way towards hurting 3rd party business as well. The line's biggest challenge is going to be keeping interest up and once people realize how long it would take at the current rate just to complete just the Seekers or Autobot Cars, interest might start waning. Now that they have introduced the idea of making a large display and each figure complimenting the next, the release rate is simply too slow. I think they could do this line forever even after something like 1984 is complete and no point in dragging it out incessantly. There are tons of Convoys alone. At this point, it is clearly the premier line and hopefully it becomes the number one priority. If sales of Magnus and Saber are really good I think they won't have much of a choice.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Why did i think it was actually going to say Marlboro? oh well...

6. darkedgex

darkedgex Burritocon

^^ This.

I think your goal of "one per month" might be achievable if you consider the combiners separate releases. Not sure if my wallet would be able to manage, but it would sure try. :p 

Though in reference to sticking to smaller bots, I do hope they take on some of the bigger guys. I think Fortress Maximus would be overkill (unless folks understood he would be significantly out of scale); but they ought to be able to scale Metroplex/Trypticon to the car bots and have it be reasonably priced/sized. Unfortunately that recent release of Metroplex probably killed any chance of an MP Metroplex for a couple of years, at minimum.

Apologies for kinda going OT (suppose the speculation thread makes more sense for this kind of talk). :/

7. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

Great post, I agree.

8. Megatronscrotch

Fantastic post Afterburner. I hope they accelerate the MP line as well, much more than it currently is. It's taken 4 years to get from MP-10 to MP-20 so one every 2 months would at least be better than it is now and still be reasonably affordable. I do see the pick up of the generations line and next yrs new Robots in Disguise show still keeping it at bay though ... But hey, one can hope....

9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Fixed that for ya...... But whose really counting anyways..

10. Megatronscrotch

Oops... 3 years from MP-10 to MP-20.... Not 4 years... My bad everyone...

11. Megatronscrotch

Thanks... I had just caught it after I hit the post button and was like...."crap! I sound like an amateur!" Meh I'm not gonna lie... I'm counting... Lol I get withdrawals after about a month of no new releases or news... Especially cuz that's the only line I'm collecting...

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I would not object to any of these, including Daytonus.

13. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Webz asked me to do a TF Prime Vehicon colour scheme.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    OMG! That's awesome... Yup, I'm soooo gonna do that! I figured it'd look good, but that looks amazing!

Wow... Thanks panda, you da bomb! Now I gotta run away... I'm supposed to be on my honeymoon, not looking at transformers! *vanishes in a puff of smoke*

15. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    I digg it.

16. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was curious how long it would take for someone to render Exhaust as a Vehicon. Wonder if that will be one of the variants we see of this mold in the KO market. It's troop building time.

17. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Ehh...it looks to MP-09B'ish

18. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Wow, that's badass

19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    While I like it, I think we've already got this guy covered in MP-09.

20. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I'd love a sleep mode Wheeljack and Optimus set especially if there were a battle damage V2 Megatron and "carbonized" Starscream to go with them. I want a Shelf of the Dead and/or Evil. But if all I get is Wheeljack and Exhaust, that's plenty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.