Takara MP-23 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Sep 1, 2014.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

So is mine. It is via ebay. Is yours?

2. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

Yes, when it was really low priced too

3. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

Plamoya came through for me. I'll crack him open tonight. I thought mine would get held up in customs hell forever.

4. Transam77

Transam77 Well-Known Member

So was mine. Oh well, good luck to you two.

5. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

Keep me in the loop for your stiletto. I'll do the same.

6. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Playmoya order came in today, too. I'd like to thank everyone in the thread that mentioned the site way back when the legal issues first started happening. I was able to get a preorder in back when he only cost me about $60 shipped.

7. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

This thing is better in person than pictures. Better than Wheeljack.

8. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Totally agree!

9. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My order is still in with him as well. Hopefully we'll all get some good news from him before too long.

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Collectors can't always get legit products.

Sometimes, the KO is better than the actual legit product.

There's an entire section in the Third Party forum that shows this.

11. GerwalkMode

GerwalkMode Banned

It's been 7 years and they still haven't made a better Grimlock than takara did. The MP-10 is basically taking somebody else's work and trying to tweak it, so it doesn't even really count as originality. It's still pretty gappy.

Anyway, back to topic...

12. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    I didn't say it was the rule. It's certainly the exception. However, it does happen.

Also, I never mentioned either of those examples. An example I would use is the KO of the Voyager Hound from AoE. But I've seen people say the same about Masterpieces. I don't collect them, so I don't keep track of what's said.

13. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are tons of ways to get KOs out of China. Ebay is the easy one, there's also TaoBao and iOffer. Hell, there's a guy here in Seattle known to the local toy show fans (and via facebook) that takes KO orders and brings them over, the sells them to people.

You can't stop the internet, friend (PM in this case). If the KO makers make it, it'll get sold here.

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yes, it does happen. And I understand your point, but I honestly think that to say that it is "better than" the legit product is just purely one's own opinion as the opposite would say the legit is better than the KO. For those nit picky enough and with a discerning enough eye, the KO will often times (if not always) have at least one thing that will distinguish it as a KO, and that may be the deal breaker for some. For example, I'm going to use my MP-10U. I realize this may not be the best example since there really isn't an official MP-10U yet, but the point is there is a paint app on it that tells me something isn't right. The face mask. Although there isn't that "dimple" on mine as a lot have reported being there on their copy of it, one can tell that the outter edges within the face will give the appearance of the paint being "sprayed on" with fuzzy edges instead of the usual more crisp lines/borders that the offical products tend to have.

This same paint app issue has been found on almost all KOs and I'm willing to guess that it would also happen/be found on a probable MP-23 KO. Admittedly, the KO makers are getting better and better, but I don't think they're quite there yet to be able to truly fool those with a discerning enough eye and the knowledge of what to look for between the two. But even then, that requires a comparison done between the legit copy and the KO. I think it really boils down to whether or not people would settle for the KO due to price and availability, or whether or not people are willing to shell out the money for secondary market prices for the real deal. In those, the opinions will still vary as I'm sure you know.

15. SuperBlocky

SuperBlocky Banned

You don't collect MP's but you're in an MP thread throwing dispersions? haha. Classic.

It's not a question of if they will be sold, it's how much they will be sold for.

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    The originals are not flawless in their paint either - and I think the comment was more that "KO does not mean sloppy anymore" - The recent MP KOs have been right on par with TT figures... they may just be slightly 'different' and not always unintentionally. For every flaw in the recent KOs.. you could find different flaws in the originals. QC is improving, so consistency is getting better too.

I think that is 100% it. It all depends on what you are collecting for and what matters to you. For instance, I really could care less about smokescreen, and no way would I pay $70-$80 to have him 'just to have him'.. but for $35... it falls back within my 'sure whatever' pain threshold and I bought the KO because I think his alt-mode looks cool (and I'm a Z guy).

17. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

You're still missing the point: No factory is doing a KO run of a product if they don't have retailers lined up. Whatever dude, I've yet to be wrong about anything here so far, why would I be right now?

I understand your optimism, I'm just trying to point out that things don't work the way you hope they do. In fact, this entire thread has been me trying to warn people of how things will go down. And if you go back to the beginning, you'll see I've calmly explained exactly how things would happen from the very beginning. I'm not trying to pee in your cheerios, just pointing out a flaw in your logic which will likely leave you waiting forever for your KO Exhaust.

Note: I got my Exhaust. And anyone that listened to me has theirs. ;) 

18. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware I had to be an MP collector to participate in MP discussions. I do collect KOs, and spend a lot of time reading about them.

Since the topic came up about KOs, I chimed in. Especially considering your original statement was a gross generalization.

I agree with you. I'm just stating that opinions work two ways. It's no longer a case these days for KOs to equate to "cheap knock offs" (though they certainly still can and do) and such a generalization isn't exactly true.

I mean, we've seen people in this thread alone and in the Third Party/KO Section state that if they make a KO of Exhaust with correct decals/paint, they'd be all over it, even after buying the legit, original one.

"Better" is subjective.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Why don't you contact them and ask WTF?

20. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was $98.75.