Takara MP-18B Bluestreak in hand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sam, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's common. I have two. One has tiny chips on the very front and a hair in the silver, the other has some bubbles in the paint, and both have what look like grease stains over the silver (most of which rubbed off, but is still visible in some lights). Mine are very minor and barely noticeable, so they don't bother me, but when he was released I saw lots of people have worse issues.

He's still an absolute beauty.

2. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Should finally have mine from tfsource tomorrow

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    Mine has two insignificant silver paint blemishes (less than a 1mm in diameter) on the piece the head is under. Otherwise the paint is spotless.

4. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally received mine yesterday. The silver piece the head is under on mine is also messed up, but it's the whole piece. It almost looks like it had a couple blemishes and someone took a paintbrush to the whole thing. Of course you can't see it in robot mode, but it really stands out in alternate form. :( 

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Two tiny blemishes on the hood, either side of where the head pops up.

Looked worse through the plastic lid.

6. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

Yep, I have two and both have issues around the hood area.

One has a smudge right in the middle of the hood. Looks almost like someone left a bit of a blue thumbprint on it. I was able to buff most of it out, so it's not as bad as it looked originally, but it's still visible in both modes. Although, if you didn't know it was there, you probably wouldn't notice it.

The other has some paint issues where the hood meets the windshield. Kinda like they missed some of the silver paint.

Sounds like lots of people are having the same issue. Too bad because otherwise these things are sweet.

7. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

A little paint flaw by the PS mirror.
    [​IMG]

Just for the hell of it...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

Just got my Bluestreak... looks good except for the fact the plastic bubble rubbed off two spots on the hood :/

9. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Had this in my POL at bbts but have since been cancelled cause of the paint issues and crooked gun handle. Getting tired of the QC issues.

10. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Mine has a paint bubble on the hood and one of the blue doors is chipped and painted over. It's noticeable but not enough to trouble the retailer about continuous swaps until I find a good one. I just don't get why they can re-issue G1's with perfect paint apps yet they have trouble with MP's.

11. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

Now that I have a had to sit down with him... the paint job is really lackluster on mine. There is no gloss whatsoever to the paint, although it is not quite to the 'matt' texture it seems close. It almost seems like a somewhat amateur job at repainting an existing Datsun figure nothing up to the quality I have received before from Takara.

This has been the most expensive MP car I have gotten and sadly it is the least impressive of them as well. :( 

I really really don't want to bash Takara though *sigh*

12. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sorry to hear about everyone's woes. :( 

I can only assume that I've been exceptionally lucky with mine, although I do hope that the problems everyone is having isn't indicative of further problems to come. Fingers crossed that Tracks is flawless.

13. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

Mine is perfect in paint aps after opening 2 box, but it turns out one of the legs is so tight that i think one of this days it will snap :/

14. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    I got mine last week, and I finally opened those Amazon JP bonus canons from MP-17 and 18 and tried them on him, and I think it looks amazing. I have him chillin on my desk by my vehicle mode MPs for now. Mine has a couple of tiny bubbles and a little scratch on the hood, but it doesn't really bother me, this figure is badass. And luckily none of the joints on mine feel scary, so that's great.

[​IMG]

15. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    I don't think it's indicative of anything other than this being a rush job to meet a deadline. Some releases have been a lot sloppier than others; the entire Black Rodimus Convoy run seemed to have the painted knee flaw, whereas the releases of Wheeljack and Exhaust was mostly good or better.

16. Logik

Logik Real Life Diaclone Driver

Ebay:
    Like many of the last few posters....I'm in the same boat as XXLMagnus! I contacted BBTS and they said the same thing.:mad  It's really disappointing that there are obviously flaws with the paint application on this figure, even moreso than some of the others (although I hadn't received one with any to date).

I'm not happy about it all, as this was one of the few MP's I've been hoping for them to make since Prowl came out a few years back and started the Datsun experience. Takara really sh*t the bed on this one.:thumbdown 

Does any one know of a silver paint colour that matches so repairs can be made????:confused: 

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Just opened mine last night, and yup, there are a few scuffs on the silver hood area. Sorry to hear that's a widespread issue, but it's good to know it's not worth trying to get a replacement. It's okay, I'm not too put out by it... it's still a great-looking figure overall, and in robot mode the scuffs are barely noticeable anyway.

Still, a shame the paintwork is kinda shoddy on these.

18. maximusprime888

maximusprime888 Well-Known Member

what did u guys get paperwork-wise? stat card and instructions?

I noticed when I opened my Takara datsuns, they had the white sheet/ad included. When I opened a Hasbro asia (HK) version of datsuns they only had instructions and bio card.

19. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Mine has nasty paint hood scuffs and other annoying paint imperfections.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm on the late train here. I'm thinking about picking this up. Ever since I got MP Delta Magnus, I feel like a need a couple carbot repaints to go with it.