Takara MP-12 Lambor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Star Saber, Oct 25, 2012.

1. crazygalvatron

crazygalvatron Well-Known Member

I also just got an email from RK to say mine has been shipped :D 

2. nobudius

nobudius Well-Known Member

Great review, and he looks spectacular. Feels SO right getting a properly licensed Lamborghini TF.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice review! He looks amazing! I hope the QC idsue you highlighted isn't a common issue but i can live with it. The Autobot symbol looks a wee bit too big?

My import store messaged me to collect mine 2 days ago but I was to er, too lazy to collect mine. Probably will collect it over the weekend! :) 

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hopefully it isn't. Went back to the store a while ago, and they replaced it without hassle. Opened up a new one and after inspecting it, was all good :)  so I'm finally good with my Sideswipe :D 

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Still not sure how much I like the face. I had the same resevations on Starscream but it ended up looking better in person, but I didn't like it on Thundercracker. The only thing I don't like is the bumper of the Countach becomes part of the shin in robot mode. It looks out of place to me. Other than those minor design choices, I think it looks spectacular.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I've no problems with the head, but I have to wonder how the Alternator head would look on him, even if it doesn't have the clearance mechanism.

7. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So true! This TF downsizing is killing it for me! First DOTM voyagers to deluxe size,deluxe to scout etc. All while keeping the same price point! Now,new MP is Classic/voyager size with no die cast,rubber etc. I'm worried about MP Soundwave! My MP TC is small with no die cast,but at least he comes with a stand & Missiles. I do dig the LAMBO alt mode though! Thanks for review!

8. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

From most accounts I hear, this is one masterpiece figure that is simple and fun to transform. I love my MP Rodimus, but there's a reason he stays on the shelf. If Sideswipe has a higher level of playability, I will forgive the size difference.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

The thing about the whole rubber tires vs. plastic wheels debate is that every experience is unique. Just because your G1, RID, or Alt/BT era tires are fine doesn't mean they're automatically fine for someone else. The plastic wheels eliminate that concern entirely. And that's why I'm glad they opted for plastic.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Sideswipe is molded with the smirk because he's supposed to enjoy kicking your ass. I like it.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Oh I've heard stories about MP Rodimus breaking while transforming, not to mention breaking out of the box. It's for that reason that my MP09 still stays in the box :lol  I definitely feel that Sideswipe doesn't have that problem, having transformed him a few times yesterday..

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? MP TC is basically the same MP seeker we've had since the beginning. Different head and modded legs butotherwise the same.

Super weird to be talking about diecast in a figure that NEVER had any. (outside the spine which it STILL has.)

13. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to people. Rubber wheels are highly affected by the specific batch the rubber comes from and the climate you live in. Quick changes in temperature and humidity, like what happens where I live, can be murder on them. Especially if the house you live in is old and isn't particularly well insulated. I have to be super careful with where I put figures with rubber wheels so they don't get cracked almost instantly.

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dammit all to hell....

As much as I wanna fall in love with this one, this pic, just kills it for me.

[​IMG]

I really thought it was as big as an alternator with sweet rubber tires.... It's deluxe size. Even the bot mode isn't much taller than classics red alert. I can see this getting a domestic release with a leader price tag. I'll wait this one out. Part of me thinks ill miss out on sideswipe, and the domestic will be red alert.

The size kills it for me. I know... I know..it scales with MP10... What ever. I thought it was gunna be a countach in alternator scale...I am disappoint.

Don't get me wrong..I'm sure its fun, I'm sure its incredible...but I won't buy this for much more than the cost of a leader...$40 seems about right to me. I had no idea it was so small.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Just treat it like a 3rd Party release.

16. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me, the Masterpiece line is and should be about superior character representation, proper scale and high quality materials. This guys seems to have all of those things, and at a price that's in-line previous import MP offerings. Thanks for the review. Can't wait to get mine!

17. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A 3rd party release would cost at least twice as much.

18. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Leonardo didnt use a #2 pencil and a piece of notebook paper for the Mona Lisa

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Not necessarily.

20. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know what your saying...but..its a "MASTERPIECE"....I would like to think that people that actually buy these, would have paid double what they are asking, if the thing was a bit bigger. Hell, if this was the size of an alternator I would be clicking "buy" somewhere right now. But now, its really just a "deluxe" deluxe! Everyone says Tfmation is easy...piss on that, I loooove intricate Tfmation with a MP toy. I LOOOOOOVE MP05! Add to that, plastic tires, which is really a shame for a so called masterpiece. I have my Hasbro MP prime in layaway so I have not messed with it yet, but that was $100 when the original was what $200-$250?!?!
    I say its just not worth to bite on these this early, when a domestic US release is probable, and it will prolly be $40
    I was sooo excited to see reviews of this one. The cat mode looks nice, its way too small for my taste. I dont care about scale with MPs. I would rather have a nice big countach with rubber tires, and an intricate Tfmation...