Takara MP-12 Lambor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Star Saber, Oct 25, 2012.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? I'm cool with teh mold we have and just call hmi Rodimus in Bot mode.

A smaller toy with all that articulation kinda scares me tbh.

3. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Nice review - because of it I caved and paid up at RK. Goodbye Classics figures, hello Masterpiece amazingness.

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I love the current toy, but I'd take another one that was smaller and less fiddly. I'm not asking for a scaled-down version of the same mold. :) 

5. JackJJW

JackJJW Well-Known Member

This looks great, all worries from recent pics have gone. The paint issue is a concern but hopefully not one that affects the entire run.

I'm not really getting people's complaints about the size though. I'd take Transformers in scale with each other any day. In bot or car mode this looks amazing next to Optimus Prime.

Glad I preordered, now comtemplating Red Alert too...

Is the head on a ball joint?

6. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks. Good to hear that it's solid and that it's a quality item - cant wait to get this!

Cheers!

Really beginning to crumble on ordering Red Alert as well. Ah well it's only money :) 

7. xBigbotx

xBigbotx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks great nice paint job, only set back would be that hallow in the inner legs not a fan of that but over all looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it

8. hata7

hata7 New Member

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Great review, Star Saber! And I dig the size, even if the price point kind of hurts (cost of getting the Lambo license, I guess). I'm impressed that such a chunky looking bot compresses into a Deluxe-sized car alt mode. He'll look great next to MP-10 OP and Generations Wheeljack (and once I get him in hand, Art Feather Bumblebee) altogether in vehicle mode! I think Sideswipe does do the Lockdown thing where he makes for a bigger bot than his alt mode would indicate (not quite Voyager, and not quite Deluxe, so somewhere in between). Christmas will be awesome indeed!

10. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Man, that door panel gap!!! Even the picture of the car in the box has that issue.

11. apooh812

apooh812 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. MP12 looks awesome however here are my disappointments:

1) Size - he is small compared to the binaltech/alternators

2) Door - since it's a masterpiece and it's pretty expensive, they should at least make the doors work

3) Plastic tires - I would preferred the rubber tires. None of my old transformers rubber tires are worn, broke or tear so I don't get why no rubber tires on MP12

Maybe I've set my expectation too high on MP12 but after seeing a couple of video reviews, I've now really appreciate my binaltechs alot more, being cheaper, better scaled with the Masterpiece, working doors and rubber tires.

12. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

There is no room for an interior so there is no point in having opening doors. It would just cause extra kibble.

13. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You know, seeing all you guys talking about BT Lambor made me check the prices on eBay, wow he got really cheap recently. Anticipation of this MP release maybe? I would think the working doors advantage is only because they didn't have to adhere so much to the older design, which might cause a bit of a hindrance. Agreed though that BT does have it's advantages, the diecast and rubber wheels though, as well as looking better in vehicle mode, but I'm pretty partial to the MP for my G1 sentimental purposes :) 

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    thanks for the great in depth review. Not worth the price on this guy for me. If Hasbro brings him over here for like $50, then sure...but not for $80. The panels on the doors makes me think of classics Ironhide, and I can not get past that face.. I surprising do not like the bot mode either.

15. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review. Hopefully I will be getting mine soon.

16. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good review, but he's got a few problems I can see. His alt mode has more seams than the classics and his head looks too small. Oddly small.

I'll stick with the classics toy.

17. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:

As a heads-up, there's another part of the leg transformation that you missed. On the outside of the legs, there's a piece that rotates to fill out the legs further. Hata's video review below shows this particular step at around '4:22'. From the pics floating 'round the net it seems like many/most are missing this step and it makes the legs look a lot better from the side.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for that, I'll check it out. :) 

19. talyn

talyn Wrecker

News Credits:
    Great review! I can't wait to get mine and on that note.. I just got my email from RK! My MP-12 is on his way!!

20. StarLurker

StarLurker 貴重なパンケーキ

All the little problems people have pointed out, I can forgive. But the face looks odd to me. Compare this:
    [​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

Squinty Ducklips McBumpychin :p