Takara MP-12 Lambor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Star Saber, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Someone posted a pic before. The Amazon one comes with extra alternate pile-drivers he used in an episode.
    I ordered that one. Worth the $10 extra, especially considering people are seling the extra pile-drivers for $30+ on eBay.

2. farrs

farrs Well-Known Member

mine came with collector coin and amazon chrome piledrivers (from kapow) nice surprise freebie indeed!

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fail to see where you're going with this. Nothing that was said is particularly invalid, and provides a fine counterpoint to your statement.

You criticize the toy for lack of complexity, saying how cheaper toys are more complex and such, but what bearing does that have on this toy? Complexity is borne of necessity and faithfulness to the design. Not just pointless busy-work for the sake of it.

Sideswipe's G1 design is inherently simple. This toy is already far more complex than it needs to be to replicate that design. But for the sake of proportion, or articulation, or whatever, it is what it is.

There's no admission sign in TakaraTomy's development office saying "you must have this many parts/be this tall/be this heavy/etc. to be a Masterpiece". Those are all arbitrary requirements that you, yourself, are applying to the toy for the shear purpose of belligerence. It's not even constructive criticism.

4. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Seems like you got that covered!
    I also fail to see what you are trying to say, megatroptimus. I'm not confusing anything and even if I did, the point still stands.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kind of nervous about getting Sideswipe now (BBTS shipped it out today). Seems like the majority of the feedback has been negative...not what I want to see when I commit to a purchase like this.
    Hopefully Soundwave ends up better.

6. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I don't see how its been negative, I've seen more positive. Just a couple of loud individuals whining about size and lack of rubber, except for a few paint defects. Even then, paint defects are nothing compared to what some previous Masterpieces had. (Rodimus, for example and he costed $200 more!)

7. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    More pictures. Less words...
    [​IMG]

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Agh, Alternity 'Bee.

So many neat little things going on with that toy, but the final result is just so... doofy looking.

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    It's not so much "defects" as "the entire paintjob sucks". The hood is universally good---but every other bit of it ranges from "decent" to "awful". Thin paint, overspray, underspray, runs, drips, chips, blotches, etc. Every flaw that can happen, does happen, on nearly every panel.

10. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He doesn't fall apart just by looking at him. That already makes him leaps and bounds ahead of Rodimus, Megatron, and the original Seeker mold. Paint issues will vary from person to person. Who knows if it's as wide spread as it seems. It seems the majority of people who have him already like him, paint issues aside.

11. TCracker

News Credits:
    I got 2 MP-12 and there are no paint apps issues on mine, tho.

12. yami4ct

News Credits:
    I suspect those with bad paint are going to turn out to be a vocal minority. That's not to say the problem should happen or they shouldn't complain, but it will be a way less widespread issue than the internet discussion would lead you to believe.

13. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Really? Pics please. Especially of the fenders, and windows/doors area.

14. TCracker

News Credits:
    I am at work now. Maybe I can snap something for you later.

But from your tone, sounds like you don't really believe me. :lol 

15. farrs

farrs Well-Known Member

yes mine has thinly applied paint by the rear view mirrors where u can almost see black underneath and a bit of sloppy paints apps on the red strip that holds the front windscreen in place! but fine otherwise and i could fix the lack of paint myself but it doesnt bother me!and i wont be returning into it car mode!

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The problem is that red paint in general has translucency issues. There's nothing TakaraTomy could have done about that other than give him three coats of paint or something.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Bandai knows how to paint toys (especially red).

18. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Pretty much. :)  (and photography seems to hide a lot of these issues---I think mine would look pretty darn good in most pics)

They could at least be consistent with the one coat they do--the left rear bumper half and right rear bumper half on mine don't match each other, because one has about twice as thick a coat of paint as the other. Similar issue with front and rear halves of right door. Being consistent would help a lot, as adjacent parts would at least match each other. It's clear that they spray a bunch of loose parts (haphazardly), then assemble the figures from a bin of painted parts---so no two parts are going to look alike, even if they end up right next to each other.

19. yami4ct

News Credits:
    So true. I hate paying Bandai prices, but boy do the toys look good on the shelf. They're a bit hit or miss on Figuarts now days, but even the misses still look pretty good.

20. TCracker

News Credits:
    After thinking about it, my pics are going to be as good as it gets, it will be the same quality that I post in my MP12 review. :D 

Here is a link for your convenience:-
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/690463-takara-mp-12-lambor-19.html

And if you managed to find any blemishes, then good for you. If that is the case, then my take on the paintjob is not as good as I thought it would.

As for me, I am pretty happy with my MP-12s, I am not so anal if there is a minor/small/negligible splosh or bleeding. Unlike some other figures I have own, MP-09 comes to mind, the paintjob for the TT version was horrid.

Seriously, sometimes I think that I might have clicked on MWF by mistake :lol  :lol 

Cheers all around :D  :D