Customs: Takara MP-09 Rodimus paint color matching.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Acidophilus, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My version 1 Masterpiece Rodimus broke a while ago, and so I've decided to make a project out of it.

I'm wanting to replace it's hands, and need help matching them, to the color of it's face.
    It looks like a darker shade of white, or light gray to me. Also who makes the best match for the magenta.

Can anyone please suggest some paint that matches?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I would suggest a paint mixing test. Add a tiny drop of light gray to approximately a tablespoon's worth of white, stir, and apply it to a comparable surface (preferably a junker) to see how it looks once it's fully dry. When dry, compare it to the factory color. If it's not quite there, keep mixing different amounts and conducting surface tests until you get an exact match.

3. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you. I was curious if there was something that would match already on the market, but I thought it would probably come to that.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'm sure there is, but I don't own the Japanese version to really be able to tell you. Also, if you already have a supply of paint, this method seems (1) cheaper, and (2) less wasteful.