Takara MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Zherbus, Mar 19, 2009.

1. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I need to do a photo shoot of this guy and my Mecha Godzillas. His waiter mode would go well with my be-ribboned Kiryu that our office accountant lady keeps prettying-up.

Oh, and I concur with rizuan. MP Grim is a lot of fun.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh?!? bro you got him alrdy? damn where's the pixs man! lol

Pixs pls ;) .

3. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    As a huge Godzilla fan and collector, I'd be interested in seeing those pics!

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just got mine yesterday.

"Me Grimlock don't need scale"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

He just got Hungry
    [​IMG]
    Then the Lumpia made him thirsty.
    [​IMG]

6. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Those pics are adorable! :D 

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Got him today...very awesome indeed and I feel no remorse for spending so much on him. I wish he had better arm articulation, but no real complaints other than that. Prime is still my favorite MP though.

8. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    got mine today, was kinda lighter than I was expecting, so I have to open it up make sure he is in there. and yes, it was real, good stuff.
    great toy.

9. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, at least now we know who finally won between the Dinobots and Devastator:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    getting mine in june-my Grandma got it for me for graduation, and im PSYCHED!!!

11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Grimmers this Sunday just past (for the uber-awesome price of 105 US from my local hobby guy) and I am absolutely floored by this guy.

He's big. He's beautiful. He's loaded with gimmicks that, IMO, in no way affect adveresely affect the toy, he's chrome-tastic and he's a freakin' Masterpiece Grimlock! I haven't had this much fun with a new Transformer toy for a long, long time. I have right next to my computer so I can just pick him and play with him while watching videos on Youtube or whatnot. I haven't put any of his accessories on him, save for his sword and gun to try out the light gimmick (then promptly removed the batteries), but the brain cap thing is amazing looking all on it's own and the tray and cups look like they'd fit right in with my wife's Rament collection.

While not 100% perfect, he's damned close. A little more shoulder and elbow articulation would have been nice, and the box has some serious wasted space in the packaging that could have cut down on the size and weight a fair bit, but these are very, very minor complaints when compared to all that is awesome about this figure. He's even knocked my Galaxy Force (Hasbro) Prime off the Shelf of Prime (when I get around to putting him on a shelf that is) and turned into the Shelf of Holy-Hell-These-Were-Some-Freaking-Expensive-Figures

As the last figure I'm buying, he made for a perfect end to my collecting days, both in that he's such a fantastic figure and that, in a strange twist of fate, my collection was started by my wife getting me the 20th Anni/MP Prime and my collection has ended by my wife getting me the MP Grimlock, thusly, my collection both began and ended with amazing figures.

12. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Plus, if there's a US release the tail, arms and teeth probably won't be chrome either.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Got mine also. My second favorite MP next to MP01.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    My only complaint is how oversized the box is. It could have been a few inches thinner, no problem. Instead it takes up a huge chunk of real estate on my shelf :/

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got mine today & I love this guy, I feel sorry for the other guys I bought today who deserve more love.

16. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Opened him up last night after I finished all of my homework. Cracked open a few beers and messed around with the toy for an hour. What an awesome figure. This figure is bar far the best Transformer ever made IMO. The amount of chrome on this guy is sick. The level of detail on him is rediculous.

My mom just dropped off a package I had (Alternity Convoy yay), and I had Grimlock greet her at the door wearing the apron, tie, and holding the drinks. She LOL'ed.

17. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

Finally got my Grimlock, and I have to say, I'm very pleased with him. My only complaint is that the thumb on the right hand pops of easily, and would probably get lost if I wasn't careful.

Of all the masterpiece figures, Grimlock is by far the easiest to transform, I can usually change him to dino to bot in a couple of minutes. Once again, the designers at tonytakara have made yet another masterpiece. Well done boys. Well done.

18. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I also just got mine today. As Bgrngod pointed out, the box is way oversized. The figure is fantastic! My only complaint is the gap in the dorsal tail area, which I suppose is for the silly tail-wag gimmick. Grimmy is an awesome figure, the second only to Prime in the MP line IMO. The transformation is simple (and harkens back to G1 Grimlock, which is kinda cool), and the detailing is way awesome.

Great job, Takara! Could we get more Dinobots, or Rodimus Prime, next? :) 

19. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Found a very small nick in the tail chrome out of the box. Thanks for the heads-up, the screws are covered with electrical tape now.

What this thing lacks in transformation complexity it makes up for in gimmicks.

(And really, there was no need for transformation complexity since Grimlock doesn't have the issue that previous MPs did with the original toy not quite looking like the animation model.)

20. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    20th Prime had chrome.